Is our Dline still the problem or is it linebacker?

I think it ifs more about the linebackers.  A majority of their runs were going off tackle or just inside.  Were the LBs need to scrape and cover.  When they ran inside they struggled.  We lack speed and instincts at LB. And our DEs need to be better at setting the edge in the run game too.

I think Jones, pennel, nnadi, and Saunders played well.  

Wilson is the only LB that should be back and starting 

D-line isn't the problem. Clark, Nnadi Jones, Ogbah were pretty good and Kpass, Saunders, and Okafor fill in nicely.  Losing Speaks, X. Williams, and Ogbah probably hurt some, but the line isn't an area of need.  Alway nice to upgrade, but there's higher priorities.  The LB corp is a dumpster fire.  Wilson and ??????????  Gotta find help there or the defense will never be above average at best.  

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

DT and LB are problems to me against the run. LB is also a huge problem against the pass. The entire group is backup material.

Saunders and nnadi are playing very good. And jones and Pennel. All DT’s. I think DT is ok. 

13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Saunders and nnadi are playing very good. And jones and Pennel. All DT’s. I think DT is ok. 

The experience these two have gotten is going to be invaluable in the future. I think we are building an elite and deep Dline.  Just so happens injuries have really hurt  our depth this year. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

The experience these two have gotten is going to be invaluable in the future. I think we are building an elite and deep Dline.  Just so happens injuries have really hurt  our depth this year. 

I agree 

DE- Clark,  Okafor's

DT- Jones,  Saunders, Speaks

DT- Nnadi, Pennel 

DE- Ogbah, Kpass

1 hour ago, dksww said:

DL and 2ndary are the strengths of the defense. 

LBs are the weak spot.

Veach did a phenomenal job of band aiding the secondary into a solid group. Corner looked laughably bad to start but it hasn’t played out that way at all. Biggest key there is development of Ward and massive upgrade of speed at both safety spots . Our corner group is very average but they work. Linebackers can’t cover anyone. That and our interior oline are the biggest weaknesses on the team. 

47 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I think it’s a combination of both. Way to many O linemen getting on LBs. Like in the Minnesota game where they were kept clean, they made plays. But LB needs upgrade as well. I can’t believe the CBs are a strength, but they are.

IMO, the main problem with the run defense is ONE ANTHONY HITCHENS.

He is waaaay too hesitant..almost like he's scared to hit the hole and attack downhill. Jump on youtube and watch any game that he is in....He will stand and watch the guard and center double the DT, and instead of flying downhill into the whole opened up by the double-team, he just stands there and either waits for the RB to run through the hole past him or waits around for the guard to scrape off the double-team and block him.

The dude is worthless...It's like playing 10 on 11 with him.

If the Dline doesnt stop the RB, it's always a long gain...period.

51 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I think it’s a combination of both. Way to many O linemen getting on LBs. Like in the Minnesota game where they were kept clean, they made plays. But LB needs upgrade as well. I can’t believe the CBs are a strength, but they are.

I don't see the CBs as a strength.  It's just that they aren't the huge liability that they seemed to be at the start of the year.  Still need that #1 shutdown corner. 

Xavier Williams was just designated for return and will start practicing. The Chiefs have 3 weeks to decide whether to activate him. This could be a nice piece to add back into the playoff rotation with Ogbah and Speaks already out for the season. 

14 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs DE Breeland Speaks was suspended four games.

Speaks' season is over. Not only does he have the suspension, but he was already on injured reserve with a torn MCL and meniscus. The 2018 second-rounder will be a depth option in 2020 once all of these things are taken care of.

Disaster year for him. He showed up at camp completely out of shape, gets a bad injury and busted for taking some type of PED (I'm betting to lose weight). Amazing thing for us is the loophole I just found out about where he can actually serve his suspension from the IR. So this won't impact 2020 at all.