1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I think it's pretty telling that when you talk about our depth at wide receiver, you list a guy that had never played a down and currently has 170 career receiving yards and another guy that had 13 starts in 3 years with 500 career receiving yards. 

Tyreek was looking down the barrel of a suspension and Watkins missed most of the last half of the season with nagging injuries and nobody here liked him. 

If you want to consider going into the season that that was depth, then we will just disagree and move on. 

It's the job of the staff to assess those situations. The guy that never played a down actually got the #1 WR role more than Hardman in this season, that's just a problem with our assessment IMO.

Hill's situation is definitely the reason we moved up and picked Hardman. However the reasons don't change the outcome and mostly are irrelevant. Even though Hardman wasn't able to replicate Hill's role when he was out they probably thought he was the closest thing to Hill available. 

7 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It's the job of the staff to assess those situations.

And they weren't comfortable with our WR situation.  And frankly I don't think anyone that looked at it rationally would have been.  For all your Pringle love, he hasn't done much.  And "Mahomes Guy" is on pace for 481 yards. 

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

And they weren't comfortable with our WR situation.  And frankly I don't think anyone that looked at it rationally would have been.  For all your Pringle love, he hasn't done much.  And "Mahomes Guy" is on pace for 481 yards. 

Yet Hardman still cannnot get the #3 WR role and Pringle, who should remain an afterthought, gets the nod over Hardman when we have 2 WRs out. 

That being said that WR group is still much more solid than OL, TE, LB. DB was another concern during the draft. I would say that our staff failed to assess various positions in the offseason. 

Just now, sith13 said:

Yet Hardman still cannnot get the #3 WR role and Pringle, who should remain an afterthought, gets the nod over Hardman when we have 2 WRs out. 

That being said that WR group is still much more solid than OL, TE, LB. DB was another concern during the draft. I would say that our staff failed to assess various positions in the offseason. 

I'm not sure where you get your #3 from, but Pringle has zero starts,  16 targets, 12 catches, 1 TD, and 170 yards.  He's been targeted twice in the past 7 games.  He had one big game.  One.  Beyond that, the best game of his career was a 2 catch 24 yard performance 8 weeks ago.  I think you are trying to hard to defend a position that just isn't defendable.  Hardman is much more valuable to this offense than Pringle. 

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not sure where you get your #3 from, but Pringle has zero starts,  16 targets, 12 catches, 1 TD, and 170 yards.  He's been targeted twice in the past 7 games.  He had one big game.  One.  Beyond that, the best game of his career was a 2 catch 24 yard performance 8 weeks ago.  I think you are trying to hard to defend a position that just isn't defendable.  Hardman is much more valuable to this offense than Pringle. 

Actually Hardman never has been anything more than the #3 guy in Chiefs uniform in any game of his short career. Both Robinson and Pringle (again I have to emphasize needs to be an afterthought) have been our #1 targets in different games as well as #2. However Hardman has never been able to achieve any of that even with top of the rotation guys missing time. Robinson is ahead of Hardman in both snap count and targets overall as well. Hardman has big play ability which has been his biggest contribution so far. As I mentioned before we could see a different style of offense that focuses more on his strengths in 2020 but so far he's just a guy we reached with much more valuable pieces missing on offense. 

27 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Actually Hardman never has been anything more than the #3 guy in Chiefs uniform in any game of his short career. Both Robinson and Pringle (again I have to emphasize needs to be an afterthought) have been our #1 targets in different games as well as #2. However Hardman has never been able to achieve any of that even with top of the rotation guys missing time. Robinson is ahead of Hardman in both snap count and targets overall as well. Hardman has big play ability which has been his biggest contribution so far. As I mentioned before we could see a different style of offense that focuses more on his strengths in 2020 but so far he's just a guy we reached with much more valuable pieces missing on offense. 

Call me when Hardman has been here 3 years and we will see how he compares to Pringle and Robinson. 

9 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Call me when Hardman has been here 3 years and we will see how he compares to Pringle and Robinson. 

My point exactly. Why spend multiple picks and make a guy your first selection if you are going to wait a while before he pans out. It's not acceptable in any position besides the QB.

The thing we disagree seems to be based on our expectations from early picks but that's something we have to agree to disagree.

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

My point exactly. Why spend multiple picks and make a guy your first selection if you are going to wait a while before he pans out. It's not acceptable in any position besides the QB.

The thing we disagree seems to be based on our expectations from early picks but that's something we have to agree to disagree.

I think we also disagree on his current value. You keep trying to slot him behind pringle.  I’m not seeing that at all. 

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think we also disagree on his current value. You keep trying to slot him behind pringle.  I’m not seeing that at all. 

Not really slotting him behind Pringle. #1 - Hill, #2 - Watkins, #3 - Robinson, #4 - Hardman, #5 - Pringle is our depth chart based on snaps/targets. Whenever this depth chart is disrupted with a single guy Hardman gets to be our #3 but if it's disrupted by multiple guys Pringle gets more targets than Hardman for some reason. Could be as more of a possession guy but that's not really something we have been using often.