Dieter Out and Ware In

28 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I don't know about his health but if 100% he will likely beat out anyone else for the #1 role as the power back in December/January. 

I like the signing So a guy off the street is better than current RBS? I dont think so.

28 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I like the signing So a guy off the street is better than current RBS? I dont think so.

If healthy I think he is an upgrade. I'm high on Darwin but the rest can't either protect the ball or stay upright after the first contact. Ware averaged better numbers even in his low seasons and can actually run up the middle, which is something we haven't been able to do all year long. 

Overall Ware has 3 fumbles in 340 attempts averaging 4.6 per carry. Since he's still young I think health is the critical part and probably the reason he remained a free agent this year. 

5 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Hard to imagine he’s anywhere near game shape. But he does know system and likely is healthy now.  But you always have to be skeptical of street free agents this time of year. 

16 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Hard to imagine he’s anywhere near game shape. But he does know system and likely is healthy now.  But you always have to be skeptical of street free agents this time of year. 

agreed..was listening to Mitch Holthus on the radio about the addition of Ware. I was surprised  of the impact he made last year, Holthus mentioned several instances that Ware made play when a play had to be made

He has as been fairly solid  with the Chiefs for years.  I remember when he was going to be the primary guy, then got hurt, and Kareem Hunt took over. He's never made it back to where he was, but has always been dependable. 

I do wonder why he seems to never get signed by other teams. I'm thinking, whenever the Chiefs have released him, they must some kind of agreement that he may be called upon at anytime during the season, if needed. 

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

agreed..was listening to Mitch Holthus on the radio about the addition of Ware. I was surprised  of the impact he made last year, Holthus mentioned several instances that Ware made play when a play had to be made

He had a big catch on the first play of that last series in regulation in the AFC Championship game. Not an easy catch at all. Put us in position for Robinson to get us in FG range on the next pass. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

He has as been fairly solid  with the Chiefs for years.  I remember when he was going to be the primary guy, then got hurt, and Kareem Hunt took over. He's never made it back to where he was, but has always been dependable. 

I do wonder why he seems to never get signed by other teams. I'm thinking, whenever the Chiefs have released him, they must some kind of agreement that he may be called upon at anytime during the season, if needed. 

We had the exclusive rights on Spiller but I'm not sure if it's the same with Ware. There's a very good chance that he simply wasn't healthy enough any point during the season. 

It’s funny they Damien, Darrel and Spencer are all 224. Sure seems like Damien is smaller and quicker while Darrel and Spencer seem bigger and more powerful.

i see Shady then Thompson with Ware as a backup. At least for now. One more fumble and that might change.

Chiefs placed RB Darrel Williams (hamstring) on injured reserve.

The Chiefs will move forward with Damien Williams (ribs), LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson and recently-signed RB Spencer Ware. This figures to be a committee, as coach Andy Reid stated, "We’re not fooling anybody here, (McCoy)’s not getting any younger, so it’s my responsibility to manage him as best I can, and I think I know him as well as anybody." McCoy could very well lead the Chiefs backfield in snaps and touches if both Damien and Darrel are sidelined in Week 14. Still, it seems incredibly likely that the team's sixth-round rookie will also be involved.

9 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs placed RB Darrel Williams (hamstring) on injured reserve.

The Chiefs will move forward with Damien Williams (ribs), LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson and recently-signed RB Spencer Ware. This figures to be a committee, as coach Andy Reid stated, "We’re not fooling anybody here, (McCoy)’s not getting any younger, so it’s my responsibility to manage him as best I can, and I think I know him as well as anybody." McCoy could very well lead the Chiefs backfield in snaps and touches if both Damien and Darrel are sidelined in Week 14. Still, it seems incredibly likely that the team's sixth-round rookie will also be involved.

McCoy is 31, and while I realize that's old for a RB, Reid talks about him like he's 35.  

On 12/4/2019 at 1:27 PM, qnet said:

He went to the Colts and got hurt. Injury settlement. Is 100%.now.