Speaks suspended 4 games ...

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Apparently he broke the leagues substance abuse policy.   Doesn't look like he will miss any time next year though but definitely not a good look.

Maybe he was smokin trees and that's why he looked like Jabba The Hutt coming into camp. Munchies...the struggle is real.

Am I the only person who thinks this guy was a wasted draft pick/bust?  

I believe we moved up in the 2nd round to draft this guy.  He was our 1st pick that year b/c we traded our 1st to get Mahomes the year before (totally worth it).

For our 1st daft pick out of the 2nd round we’ve gotten 24 tackles & 1.5 sacks in 2 seasons.  That’s 12 tackles/.75 sacks a year.

They just need to cut their losses & release this clown.  He’s out of shape, has done very little to help us, & is eating up a valuable roster spot.

Go away Speaks

5 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I believe we moved up in the 2nd round to draft this guy.  He was our 1st pick that year b/c we traded our 1st to get Mahomes the year before (totally worth it).

For our 1st daft pick out of the 2nd round we’ve gotten 24 tackles & 1.5 sacks in 2 seasons.  That’s 12 tackles/.75 sacks a year.

They just need to cut their losses & release this clown.  He’s out of shape, has done very little to help us, & is eating up a valuable roster spot.

Go away Speaks

Ryan Sims, part two?

1 hour ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Go away Speaks

I think they moved up for the CB and got stuck when GB took him. I wouldn’t give up on him yet. Kpass made a big leap in year three. Speaks might also. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I think they moved up for the CB and got stuck when GB took him. I wouldn’t give up on him yet. Kpass made a big leap in year three. Speaks might also. 

I think KPass was being completely mishandled by Sutton so it was a different animal than what we are seeing with Speaks.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Ryan Sims, part two?

Except Ryan Sims was pick 6, not 46.   I still have hope for Speaks as he played out of position last year and started flashing in camp late after coming in out of shape. Hopefully this nightmare year motivates him

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Dick Vermiel didn’t care about defense and it showed up on draft day and with a lack of playoff berths or wins. 

that playoff game vs indy was the perfect barometer for DV's defense

on that last drive we should have just let them walk in to the endzone without our defense even stepping on the field 

whomever had the ball last won that game

On 12/7/2019 at 3:14 PM, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I think KPass was being completely mishandled by Sutton so it was a different animal than what we are seeing with Speaks.

Kind of the same. Speaks only played under Sutton. A DE that can play onside or out being asked to play LB. 

On 12/8/2019 at 8:20 AM, mex said:

Percy Snow... :lol:

and while we're at it, sly morris... and my personal most hated pick... drum roll please... todd blackledge

So would you rather have Sly Mo or John Baldwin?  My person most disliked pick was BrianJoswiak.  Remember the talking heads looking at each other and asking, "Who?"  Then there was the nepotism of the Brad Budde pick. 

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So would you rather have Sly Mo or John Baldwin?  My person most disliked pick was BrianJoswiak.  Remember the talking heads looking at each other and asking, "Who?"  Then there was the nepotism of the Brad Budde pick. 

Sly MO was going to be fine until that knee injury.