QB Movement in the offseason?

KC Warpaint

33 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Weird that they think Foles to KC is plausible. He was a great addition as backup to Smith and Reid definitely saved his career but he's too expensive right now to justify any non-starting role. 

That guy just cant catch a break. Gets a big contract and bombs, with a team that really did nothing for him. Then goes to Reid and is resurrected and gets a back up job that he uses to win the SB. Then when he feels all good and such for a starting position, he gets a shit team again and is injured. Now they are talking releasing him.......... if he was not so expensive, it would be great to have him as a back up here. The guy can start and just needs to be on a team built to win now, not some resurrection type bs team.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:48 AM, kkuenn said:

That guy just cant catch a break. Gets a big contract and bombs, with a team that really did nothing for him. Then goes to Reid and is resurrected and gets a back up job that he uses to win the SB. Then when he feels all good and such for a starting position, he gets a shit team again and is injured. Now they are talking releasing him.......... if he was not so expensive, it would be great to have him as a back up here. The guy can start and just needs to be on a team built to win now, not some resurrection type bs team.

Hopefully, he can find solace in checking his bank account.

• 2 months later...

Tom Brady Rumors: QB's Reps Meeting with Raiders, Chargers, Colts at Combine

Joseph Zucker
Bleacher ReportFebruary 27, 2020, 2:45 PM CST

EAST RUTHERFORD, NEW JERSEY - OCTOBER 21: (NEW YORK DAILIES OUT) Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots in action against the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium on October 21, 2019 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The Patriots defeated the Jets 33-0. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images)
EAST RUTHERFORD, NEW JERSEY - OCTOBER 21: (NEW YORK DAILIES OUT) Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots in action against the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium on October 21, 2019 in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The Patriots defeated the Jets 33-0. (Photo by Jim McIsaac/Getty Images) More

As the possibility of a return to the New England Patriots becomes increasingly doubtful, Tom Brady's agent plans to speak with representatives of prospective suitors.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that Don Yee expects to meet with the Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers and Indianapolis Colts, among others:

From NFL Now: The #Patriots have not yet begun to negotiate with QB Tom Brady, while his agent Don Yee is in town and meeting with teams.

Embedded video

Just read a report that people shouldn't sleep on the 49ers as a landing spot.  Saying Brady grew up there and is a huge 49ers fan.  That the big issue people talk about is Jimmy G's contract...Well I guess they didnt look at it because the niners could cut/trade him this year and YES have dead cap of $4.2M BUT would save $22.4M in cap space!  Makes sense to me IF they think Tom is an upgrade

17 hours ago, Balto said:

Just read a report that people shouldn't sleep on the 49ers as a landing spot.  Saying Brady grew up there and is a huge 49ers fan.  That the big issue people talk about is Jimmy G's contract...Well I guess they didnt look at it because the niners could cut/trade him this year and YES have dead cap of $4.2M BUT would save $22.4M in cap space!  Makes sense to me IF they think Tom is an upgrade

It sure would be a whole other SB if they had Brady instead of Jimmy G. However that would simply mean a SB push over the next 2 years and nothing for afterwards. Curious about what they think of Jimmy G in the long run. 

9 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It sure would be a whole other SB if they had Brady instead of Jimmy G. However that would simply mean a SB push over the next 2 years and nothing for afterwards. Curious about what they think of Jimmy G in the long run. 

not much as he'd be going bye bye. From what I  have gathered him missing that one long pass made him the pissing post for the loss

26 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

not much as he'd be going bye bye. From what I  have gathered him missing that one long pass made him the pissing post for the loss

That's what I initially thought as well after reading about the lack of trust in Jimmy narrative following the SB. Looking at his contract looks like it might be a smooth switch to another QB while they find a youngster to groom behind the vet.