Pat injured again?

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Probably has some fractured bone and will miss the next three weeks.

With playoffs locked up and really only fighting for #3 or #4.....might as well just sit anyone with as little as a cough lol

Looked like it bothered him quite a bit...he was throwing some duck balls and couldn't put any zip on it.   Wonder if that was why we went vanilla turtled up in the 2nd half but I've seen Andy do it so much I doubt it.   Hope the kid is ok...I'm tired of these injuries.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Looked like it bothered him quite a bit...he was throwing some duck balls and couldn't put any zip on it.   Wonder if that was why we went vanilla turtled up in the 2nd half but I've seen Andy do it so much I doubt it.   Hope the kid is ok...I'm tired of these injuries.

He threw a few of those before he fell on his hand.

5 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

He threw a few of those before he fell on his hand.

It happened on the 4th play of the game offensively.   He threw behind Watkins and then threw an accurate ball to I think Watkins or Robinson that was picked but it wasn't a wobbler and he stepped into the throw.  After that he couldn't zip it.  Gritty to stay in the game and keep balling though.

31 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Not true they are one game out of the #2 spot in which they could easily get.

Mahomes didn't look like the hand bothered him too much.

Most likely the lack of deep throw success after the Hardman TD, which was underthrown, was due to the hand.  Also giving Reid the benefit of the doubt of going conservative in the second half since the Mahomes injury make him look very ordinary. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

This pathetic OL is a bigger curse than Madden. Mahomes is a very tough guy to have survived for so long with so few injuries behind this group. 

Exactly. I’m sure he’s joking but let’s not get caught up in not recognizing the real problem. I hope we sign and draft an interior lineman.  Protect our biggest asset and better close out games by actually opening holes in the running game. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

This pathetic OL is a bigger curse than Madden. Mahomes is a very tough guy to have survived for so long with so few injuries behind this group. 

Schwartz got manhandled by a linebacker on several plays... one where he was absolutely upended. Did not look good.

1 hour ago, mex said:

Schwartz got manhandled by a linebacker on several plays... one where he was absolutely upended. Did not look good.

That Pats front 7 is as solid as ever but even the brightest spot on our line struggled terribly. Not sure if that back thing is going on but we shouldn't have any pass rush issues from the strong side with so much investment there. 

The holidays came early for Kansas City Chiefs fans. Patrick Mahomes will not miss any time after awkwardly falling on his throwing hand during Week 14’s win over the New England Patriots, Andy Reid confirmed Monday.

The 24-year-old Mahomes suffered the injury on the team’s second offensive drive of the game. He was able to return, though Mahomes was limited by the injury.

Following the contest, Mahomes reportedly underwent X-Rays, which came back negative. To be safe, the team sent him for additional tests Monday, and came away with good news. Mahomes does not have any fractures, and is expected to start for the Chiefs in Week 15.

That comes as welcome news for Chiefs fans, who watched their team not only beat the Patriots, but clinch the AFC West for the fourth consecutive season. Fans couldn’t enjoy the win to the fullest extent without knowing Mahomes’ status. Now that is seems Mahomes will be OK, Chiefs fans can celebrate to their heart’s content.

Mahomes has turned in another excellent season, throwing 21 touchdowns and just 3 interceptions in 11 games.

While the Chiefs have wrapped up the division, a first-round bye remains in reach. At 9-4, the team is currently the No. 3 seed, but the Chiefs could jump the Patriots for the second bye if the Patriots drop a game in the next few weeks. The Chiefs could technically allow Mahomes to rest and coast into the playoffs, but they’ll need Mahomes to play if they want to try and secure a bye.

Picking up a first-round bye won’t be easy. The Chiefs not only need the Patriots to lose at least one game, but Kansas City also needs to beat two division opponents and take down a resurgent Chicago Bears team.

Having Mahomes under center gives the Chiefs a much better chance at running the table and putting pressure on the Pats.