2 hours ago, moons314 said:

I think it's gotta be a draft pick moving forward.  There's a lot of other money that needs to be sorted out, and I wouldn't want to commit 10 million to a single RB next season.  

I’d draft the best CB or cover LBer on the board with the first pick. Then draft a center in the second and sign the best system fit G available in free agency. RB in round 3.  

Just now, Mloe68 said:

I’d draft the best CB or cover LBer on the board with the first pick. Then draft a center in the second and sign the best system fit G available in free agency. RB in round 3.  

Dead on. Exactly my thought. Or the best OL if someone slips but keep the same positions as My top 4 needs

Just now, Calichief said:

Dead on. Exactly my thought. Or the best OL if someone slips but keep the same positions as My top 4 needs

Exactly. Draft board may not set up perfectly for my scenario but I’m with you these are the most important draft targets.  

i started this thread and was surprised by the people who posted sarcastic comments about complaining. Thank u to the people who took it as a discussion point and supported the post  

I’m a chiefs fan for 30 years and yes it was one of the biggest wins. I get it. I posted a topic and asked for feedback because the people on this forum have great football IQ and I appreciate the insight. 

40 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

i started this thread and was surprised by the people who posted sarcastic comments about complaining. Thank u to the people who took it as a discussion point and supported the post  

I’m a chiefs fan for 30 years and yes it was one of the biggest wins. I get it. I posted a topic and asked for feedback because the people on this forum have great football IQ and I appreciate the insight. 

I’ve been talking about it since about week 5 or 6. The run game struggle is -

lack of commitment to a real run game by Andy. The rpo shit is weak from a run standpoint. Not using Sherman. No quick hitting run plays. And frankly, lack of creativity.

the interior oline is awful.

the running backs are average.

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Don't we have a pair of 2nds, or am I misremembering?

5 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

I believe we traded the 2nd in the Clark deal

We did. Seattle gets the 2nd pick of them, we retain the highest pick out of the two. Thing is I was hoping it would have been SF being the highest of the 2 but they have done surprisingly well this year. So it looks like we got Clark for a late first and late 2nd round pick as it stands now.

23 minutes ago, robgar said:

with the 32nd pick in the draft you take the best player, and dont worry about position sorry. 

BPA is simply a myth for anyone that's not in a total rebuild, position always has a role. Veach will not pick a QB if that's the best player on the board or a DE with the way we are stacked. The general approach is to draft a player in a position of need that's among the best players available around the time team is picking. If a major need is the 2nd best or 3rd best player then you don't simply ignore the need and go for #1. If the difference is more than a couple spots on the board then you simply trade down and get an extra pick. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

BPA is simply a myth for anyone that's not in a total rebuild, position always has a role. Veach will not pick a QB if that's the best player on the board or a DE with the way we are stacked. The general approach is to draft a player in a position of need that's among the best players available around the time team is picking. If a major need is the 2nd best or 3rd best player then you don't simply ignore the need and go for #1. If the difference is more than a couple spots on the board then you simply trade down and get an extra pick. 

It’s not a myth. You don’t take a player of need with an 80 grade over a guy that isn’t a clear need but grades out at 90. That’s how you get into trouble. Most rookies struggle so you need to look beyond immediate need and stick to the draft board.  That said I’m sure most teams slightly adjust their draft grade based on need. And of course if all things are relatively equal, you will take the immediate need. In a case like QB, there’s always a trade market.  

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Me personally....I"m hoping the Chiefs can get a stud LB in the 1st round over a CB. Seems the CB pool has been deeper coming out of college the past few years. LB? Not so much. 

If we could find a true 3 down backer with coverage skills I’d agree. This draft is pretty deep in potential number 1 corners though and we’ve only got two guys under contract right now. Who we sign or resign will be a pretty good indicator but I think that’ll be the pick. With only 5 picks trading back has to be in play. And the Chris Jones contract looms large here as well. 

14 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Don't worry about the sarcastic comments.  Most who post here are over rated. 

13 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Agree. Good topic for discussion.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

If we could find a true 3 down backer with coverage skills I’d agree. This draft is pretty deep in potential number 1 corners though and we’ve only got two guys under contract right now. Who we sign or resign will be a pretty good indicator but I think that’ll be the pick. With only 5 picks trading back has to be in play. And the Chris Jones contract looms large here as well. 

Something to consider though is the fact it looks like we have a great safety tandem for the next few years. Thornhill is only going to get better. They can really help the corners on that back end. Yes we need a true #1CB...I just feel the need for the next Derrick Johnson is greater. Trouble is...there are usually only 2 or 3 true stud LBs in the draft and they will be gone by the time KC gets around to pick.

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

Something to consider though is the fact it looks like we have a great safety tandem for the next few years. Thornhill is only going to get better. They can really help the corners on that back end. Yes we need a true #1CB...I just feel the need for the next Derrick Johnson is greater. Trouble is...there are usually only 2 or 3 true stud LBs in the draft and they will be gone by the time KC gets around to pick.

Not so sure.  Murray will most certainly be gone, but there are others who could start that will last until near the end of the first round.  The question is, do the Chiefs take a LB who is marginal but fills the greatest need or do they swing for a starting CB?  I'm biased towards LB, but not if they have to reach.  Assuming they draft O-line on the second day, it's unlikely that they fill both positions with the first two picks.  Drafting for need doesn't suit a lot of fans, but if the Chiefs are really close to being an elite team, they have to address the run defense and coverage over the middle. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Not so sure.  Murray will most certainly be gone, but there are others who could start that will last until near the end of the first round.  The question is, do the Chiefs take a LB who is marginal but fills the greatest need or do they swing for a starting CB?  I'm biased towards LB, but not if they have to reach.  Assuming they draft O-line on the second day, it's unlikely that they fill both positions with the first two picks.  Drafting for need doesn't suit a lot of fans, but if the Chiefs are really close to being an elite team, they have to address the run defense and coverage over the middle. 

I'll be honest..I don't follow college ball real close so I don't know who is coming out this year. I start digging into draft prospects around the 1st of March. Chiefs are gonna be contenders for years to come. What players can they draft that pushes them over the top? Million dollar question right?

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

I'd agree with that. If there's a DJ type there in the late 20s you take him. But I also think think corner group is average at best and I'd like to see a legit number one potential guy to pair with Ward and whoever we bring back. No doubt the massive upgrade at safety has been a huge key for this defense. As is a more competent coaching staff that likes to attack the QB. 

15 hours ago, Calichief said:

Yet he doesn’t start.. 

Yea, Wiz not starting over Wylie is confusing. Politics??

I'd like to see Wiz and even Allagretti maybe at center a few snaps. I'm hoping LDT get's his shit together. Maybe NFL DT's have figured him out?

Nonetheless, Wylie and Reiter look absolutely horrible. They're gonna get Pat killed.