4 hours ago, DieHard said:

A second TE that let’s us run 2 tight sets and both be threats in the passing game would be huge. Imagine 2 Kelce’s, plus he is 30. If it is a dynamic TE, I’m down. BPA baby. 

A really good second TE would be valuable, I agree.  But the Chiefs have much bigger needs for a first rounder.  The Chiefs have lost more critical games including the AFLC because they couldn't get a stop than they have because they didn't have one more offensive weapon.  JMHO

6 hours ago, DieHard said:

A second TE that let’s us run 2 tight sets and both be threats in the passing game would be huge. Imagine 2 Kelce’s, plus he is 30. If it is a dynamic TE, I’m down. BPA baby. 

Keep in mind, Reid found Kelsey in the third round. A high pick probably isn’t needed to find a mismatch tight end. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

A really good second TE would be valuable, I agree.  But the Chiefs have much bigger needs for a first rounder.  The Chiefs have lost more critical games including the AFLC because they couldn't get a stop than they have because they didn't have one more offensive weapon.  JMHO

Can’t argue that. I am with you that a second TE is our biggest need. Just that next year we lose our #2 WR. Not that he has been lighting the world on fire, but he was clutch in that championship game last year. I hope it is.

LB or Oline. But will take the most impactful guy outside of QB.

44 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Keep in mind, Reid found Kelsey in the third round. A high pick probably isn’t needed to find a mismatch tight end. 

Wish we had grabbed Kittle back i  the day. TE can be found if you do your homework later in the drafts.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Can’t argue that. I am with you that a second TE is our biggest need. Just that next year we lose our #2 WR. Not that he has been lighting the world on fire, but he was clutch in that championship game last year. I hope it is.

LB or Oline. But will take the most impactful guy outside of QB.

I've beEN arguing against the BPA draft philosophy for years, but actually not totally opposed.  It's just that some areas don't need another top pick and if a team is where the Chiefs are, shoring up the weak spots or throwing in that stud that will be a difference maker for that team should be the #1 priority.  For example, the Chiefs don't need a top QB.  They don't need to use their first pick on a safety.  One can never have to much pass rush, but with the money paid Clark and probably Jones and the other D-line players on the roster, they shouldn't go there.  The Chiefs could have Kelce, Gronk, and TG on the roster and it wouldn't do a thing to get the defense off the field or protect PM.  Best player in an AREA OF NEED is the way to go when a winning team is picking. 

On 12/14/2019 at 10:54 PM, kkuenn said:

Yeah I'd love for us to grab Albert O but I think he'll go a lot higher than we'll be willing to draft a tight end.

As always root for a failed drug test for weed at the last second.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:54 PM, kkuenn said:

We need more red zone threats. And a TE who can catch and block could give us a dual threat help in that regard and give us a backup plan in case Kelce gets hurt. 

best bet is a desperate team that wants to move back into the bottom of the first and a trade for a couple of seconds.. usually there is a pile of nice players right there... guys who dropped due to positional value, etc, or just a run on a particular position.. 

but yeah.. the best  player on your board. always when your drafting late.. 

its much better to end up with a dominate position group, than to swing for the fences and miss on a position of need. ..  also . makes it easier to get that position of need after . the draft.

and sorry, if theres a great safety sitting where we pick.... .. then we are gonna have a really . deep safety room...

But I should also throw this out there, late first round picks/early 2nd round picks... this is gaurd and center land.. usually.

53 minutes ago, robgar said:

best bet is a desperate team that wants to move back into the bottom of the first and a trade for a couple of seconds.. usually there is a pile of nice players right there... guys who dropped due to positional value, etc, or just a run on a particular position.. 

but yeah.. the best  player on your board. always when your drafting late.. 

its much better to end up with a dominate position group, than to swing for the fences and miss on a position of need. ..  also . makes it easier to get that position of need after . the draft.

and sorry, if theres a great safety sitting where we pick.... .. then we are gonna have a really . deep safety room...

But I should also throw this out there, late first round picks/early 2nd round picks... this is gaurd and center land.. usually.

It depends on where a team is at in the building cycle.  A 6-10 team could probably follow your suggestion and help themselves.  A 12-4 team that's knocking on the door has to fill its holes.  The Chiefs' current holes are LB and interior line.  Gotta address those.  That doesn't mean reaching to pick fourth round quality in the second.  But usually, a team can find help in a position of need without reaching too far or via trades on draft day.  So if the Chiefs draft at 29, for example, they can go O-line or LB and if there's no value at that pick, trade it away for another second plus.  No way should they draft a safety in the first no matter how highly rated he is. 

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It depends on where a team is at in the building cycle.  A 6-10 team could probably follow your suggestion and help themselves.  A 12-4 team that's knocking on the door has to fill its holes.  The Chiefs' current holes are LB and interior line.  Gotta address those.  That doesn't mean reaching to pick fourth round quality in the second.  But usually, a team can find help in a position of need without reaching too far or via trades on draft day.  So if the Chiefs draft at 29, for example, they can go O-line or LB and if there's no value at that pick, trade it away for another second plus.  No way should they draft a safety in the first no matter how highly rated he is. 

Lb’s sure look a lot better with the dline holding their responsibilities... 

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Lb’s sure look a lot better with the dline holding their responsibilities... 

Think about all the injuries on the Dline too. Half our regular rotation is out for the season. And they are still playing well. Should be a major strength moving forward.  

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Think about all the injuries on the Dline too. Half our regular rotation is out for the season. And they are still playing well. Should be a major strength moving forward.  

The thing is, there is no drop off in talent. None. Saunders was flashing big time and is barely playing.

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

The thing is, there is no drop off in talent. None. Saunders was flashing big time and is barely playing.

We are fortunate that the two cornerstones of that group are playing. Clark and Jones both had sacks last night.  

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's certain that Reid will want McCoy in for the playoffs and he seems to like Ware for at least his pass protection.  So with Williams back, is Thompson benched for the remainder of the season? 

that lil guy is a beast ..seems he is always hit and then squirms for another few yards.. I would rather he see more action than Ware

On 12/13/2019 at 9:45 AM, artsy said:

I'm hoping LDT get's his shit together. Maybe NFL DT's have figured him out?

Just read this "Duvernay-Tardif is one of the more underrated guards in the NFL today. He has given up just 9.5 sacks in the 59 games he has appeared in, according to Stats. He’s also averaging fewer than four penalties per year, making him one of the more reliable offensive linemen on the Chiefs have had this decade."

19 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Just read this "Duvernay-Tardif is one of the more underrated guards in the NFL today. He has given up just 9.5 sacks in the 59 games he has appeared in, according to Stats. He’s also averaging fewer than four penalties per year, making him one of the more reliable offensive linemen on the Chiefs have had this decade."

He has definitely not progressed any since last year and he was paid like he would develop into a top tier guard.   

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

He has definitely not progressed any since last year and he was paid like he would develop into a top tier guard.   

Based on the line "one of the more reliable offensive linemen on the Chiefs have had this decade." I would say the Chiefs disagree with your opinion, but hey everyone has their own opinion on just about everything so why should this be any different.