Biadasz (bada$$ 🤔) kid from Wisconsin is the OC I want early in the draft. If selected I think he'll be our version of Pouncey for the next decade. Spend the 1st at OC and 2nd at LG, then LB/TE rest of the way then simply watch an upright Mahomes light the league on fire. 

Wish we could see what Allegretti can do.  Here is big and physical for a center.  

But I hope we can trade LDT for a 4th round pick.  

Draft biadasz or Hansen (oregon) in the first round

Sign Mike iupati to play RG and get Rankins healthy

LT- Fisher 

LG- Rankins

C- draftee

RG- Iupati

RT- Schwartz 

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

Wish we could see what Allegretti can do.  Here is big and physical for a center.  

LT- Fisher 

LG- Rankins

C- draftee

RG- Iupati

RT- Schwartz 

This sound good...!

I think we need to draft a solid late round OT to start learning from Schwartz.

His age is starting to show a little..

36 minutes ago, Palangi said:

LT- Fisher 

LG- Rankins

C- draftee

RG- Iupati

RT- Schwartz 

I dont think Hansen is projected to go anywhere near rd 1. Biadasz and Humphrey both are, but that's it. And Iupati will be 33 and hes grading out very poorly this year. What made you decide on him as the UFA you like? I cant see them cutting LDT and eating 4 million in dead money unless they were gonna go out and get a stud at OG.

I agree with your plan 100%. Its exactly what I think they should do. Start Rankins at LG, signal UFA at RG and draft a C. Just wonder about those names, lol. Biadasz is a bad motherfucker. I'm not holding out hope that he is there late 20s. 

9 hours ago, Balto said:

I can’t help but think this be a priority this offseason...trade/Sign or even spend our 1st on a top center to anchor our OL for 10 years and grow with Mahomes.

Any good ones coming into draft?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/benjamin-solak-s-2020-nfl-draft-interior-offensive-line-rankings

20 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I dont think Hansen is projected to go anywhere near rd 1. Biadasz and Humphrey both are, but that's it. And Iupati will be 33 and hes grading out very poorly this year. What made you decide on him as the UFA you like? I cant see them cutting LDT and eating 4 million in dead money unless they were gonna go out and get a stud at OG.

I agree with your plan 100%. Its exactly what I think they should do. Start Rankins at LG, signal UFA at RG and draft a C. Just wonder about those names, lol. Biadasz is a bad motherfucker. I'm not holding out hope that he is there late 20s. 

I betcha he is there in the late 20s..

But we won't take him.

Maybe it's time to move on from Fisher before it's to late and he has no value?

The way good LT's have been valued these past couple of years I wouldn't be surprised if we could get good compensation for him.

His contract cost over double for us the last two years of his contract going from $7.286 this year to $15.231 in cap hit next year!  His cap number will be a few million lower for a trading team because his signing bonus part will drop off making it a little easier to trade.  Will he stay healthy if we just rework his contract?  

He is still only 28 and could play awhile sooo do we stick with him in hopes he takes another step into being elite AND will he stay healthy?

Lets say we can get a early 2nd for him or even a late 1st...Trent Williams with the Skins wants top LT money and teams were reportedly offering multiple picks for him that Skins turned down!  So this tells me there would be at least some kind of market for Fisher.

Do we then just take his replacement with that pick allowing us to pay a FA guard/center with the money saved?  OR maybe package Fisher with our late 1st to move up and get a stud Center or new LT?

Just saying it might be time to move on from Fisher if we can get good compensation.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'm all over Humphrey. He's projected late first to mid second from what I've seen. Very young, plays with a nasty streak and his wrestling background gives him some great understanding over leverage. I watch a ton of OU games and the way he interacts with QB makes him look like a leader. If there's way to draft a CB and then move up and get him it would be my plan 1. Not sure if that's doable or even if he will leave college though. And then sign the best system fit guard in free agency! Also have to consider what they think Algretti will ultimately be as well. 

Funky idea....

Trade Fisher+Pick to the Eagles for Jason Kelce?  

Reports are this could be Jason Peters last year with Philly and they will need a new LT.  Pederson is familiar with Fisher and could be a natural fit to protect Wentz.  This would also give KC one of the best centers in the NFL that could also be excited to play on the same team as his brother Kelce.  Would be a great fit for Reids style while we groom a rookie to take over when Kelce hangs it up.

With the money saved from Fisher trade we can go out and sign a guy like Anthony Castonzo from Colts who is one of if not the best pass blocking LT in the NFL....guessing Colts don't let him walk but you never know!  If that falls through what about Reid bringing in Jason Peters to fill in while also spending a high pick on a new LT to groom.  If the Rookie looks good I think Reid could slide Peters down to LG and extend his career even longer.

I'm thinking Peters would not break the bank so if we signed him and Castonzo didn't happen we could still have money left to go after a guard like Brandon Scherff from Skins that is elite but has been a little banged up.  

LT:  1st rounder rookie or Peters while rookie learns

LG:  Scherff or Peters

OC:  Kelce

Would LOVE a center and left side that looks like this!

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I'm all over Humphrey. He's projected late first to mid second from what I've seen. Very young, plays with a nasty streak and his wrestling background gives him some great understanding over leverage. I watch a ton of OU games and the way he interacts with QB makes him look like a leader. If there's way to draft a CB and then move up and get him it would be my plan 1. Not sure if that's doable or even if he will leave college though. And then sign the best system fit guard in free agency! Also have to consider what they think Algretti will ultimately be as well. 

Reiter is absolutely terrible and Wylie and LDT are almost as bad.   I think Rankins has the ability to become  solid player but after this year I'm not for banking on guys who play well in small spurts to start for a full season and be a cornerstone of the line.   We need to draft bap at C/OG and then sign another in FA.  

The 2020 Chiefs can get by with Fisher, Rankin, Allegretti, LDT, Shwartz, New guy, FA.  Don't know who will be available in FA, but it's not necessary to go O-line with the #1 pick.  There's usually not as much drop off between first and second round with linemen as there is with skill positions and pass rushers.  We'll know more when the final draft orders come out and FA opens up.  Right now, the Chiefs need LB, IOL, CB, RB, and back up TE.  Better to get the stud LB or starter at CB with the top pick and eat the drop off in waiting until the second day for interior line. 

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Funky idea....

Reports are this could be Jason Peters last year with Philly and they will need a new LT.  Pederson is familiar with Fisher and could be a natural fit to protect Wentz.  This would also give KC one of the best centers in the NFL that could also be excited to play on the same team as his brother Kelce.  Would be a great fit for Reids style while we groom a rookie to take over when Kelce hangs it up.

With the money saved from Fisher trade we can go out and sign a guy like Anthony Castonzo from Colts who is one of if not the best pass blocking LT in the NFL....guessing Colts don't let him walk but you never know!  If that falls through what about Reid bringing in Jason Peters to fill in while also spending a high pick on a new LT to groom.  If the Rookie looks good I think Reid could slide Peters down to LG and extend his career even longer.

I'm thinking Peters would not break the bank so if we signed him and Castonzo didn't happen we could still have money left to go after a guard like Brandon Scherff from Skins that is elite but has been a little banged up.  

LT:  1st rounder rookie or Peters while rookie learns

LG:  Scherff or Peters

OC:  Kelce

Would LOVE a center and left side that looks like this!

Fisher is fine when healthy and locked up. We don't need world beaters or to give up draft picks to upgrade at LT, we need to avoid having an interior three guys who can't block anyone. And a developmental tackle. 

4 hours ago, Palangi said:

LT- Fisher 

LG- Rankins

C- draftee

RG- Iupati

RT- Schwartz 

I like that lineup a lot. Any pick for LDT would be sweet IMO and Iupati is a sure upgrade. With home field all but lost to Baltimore and Pats having 2 very easy games I'm not sure if we would lose anything by putting Allegretti in for the next 3 weeks. Don't mind if Pat sits out a week or two either as he looked a bit roughed up.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Fisher is fine when healthy and locked up. We don't need world beaters or to give up draft picks to upgrade at LT, we need to avoid having an interior three guys who can't block anyone. And a developmental tackle. 

I agree but the entire point is after this year his cap hit doubles and IF we could move him would allow cap to sign interior and draft his replacement.  $7M for Fisher I'm fine with...$15M is when I start to wonder if its time to move on.

4 hours ago, Balto said:

Funky idea....

Reports are this could be Jason Peters last year with Philly and they will need a new LT.  

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/andre-dillard?id=32194449-4c18-6167-8a82-fd2a79031894

You are correct. They drafted him in the first round last year. And before you say he may have been drafted to play on the right side, let me point out they have one of the better RTs in football who just got a large contract extension. Dillard was drafted to replace Peters.

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I like the Hansen kid.  I think he is going to be a riser in the draft process.  At 6'4" 305 he has good size and really good athleticism.  Im with you on biadasz I just don't think he still be around when we pick.  We might even be able to trade back to the start of round 2 and get extra picks too

I chose Iupati because he is a physical nasty blocker.  I think we lack that up front. I know Reid likes the more athletic type but we also need to get more physical to help pick up short yardage situations. At 33 he is fine to give us 2 or 3 good strong years and slow us to find a replacement to groom.  

24 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

His CAP hit is only that low this year because he reworked his contract. I think they still plan to get a Jones deal done. 

I hope we get a deal done with Jones, but every time I go over to Spotrac I don't see how it is possible. Someone figure it out.

5 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

I hope we get a deal done with Jones, but every time I go over to Spotrac I don't see how it is possible. Someone figure it out.

Cut players like Watkins, Sorensen, LDT. Extend Mahomes and work his numbers to hit later years. Rolling over the cap this year and it is possible. Let our FA go like Fuller and such too. This will get us comp picks later on also. Possible to do this and still get a mid level FA for the line or at LB etc and draft the rest. Wisniewski was in yesterday but will be interested to see how he does the rest if the year.

Also we can tag him next year or even two if needed.

2 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

If they extend Jones and Mahomes and make the contracts extremely friendly on the front end they can do both and still have some money to address other areas. They will be in a really tough cap situation in yrs to come though when the cap numbers increase with passing seasons.

Watson, Sorenson, LDT, Reiter, Damien William's can clear over 25 mill by being released. And people dont realize we can designate Hitchens as a post june 1st cut and free up 4 more. Plus we are rolling over 22 mill. 

6 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

We are 22 million under the CAP right now.  Almost at zero next year but with 20-30 million in cuts very doable. And then over 50 million under the cap in 2021.