Chiefs Vs Donkeys

Just watched the replay vs Houston. Donkeys look really good, really fast and Lock can play. Plenty of weapons on offense. This is going to be a difficult game to win. The Donkeys are playing relaxed and have nothing to lose. Chiefs will need to bring their best game in all phases. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

KC is 9.5-10 point favorites in the early line so while the Donks played big at HOU, they still have to prove they're better than their record and that Lock can't be figured out.

I dont bet but if I did I would take the Donks with the pionts.

Just now, FANATIC said:

I dont bet but if I did I would take the Donks with the pionts.

That's what I thought about the recent Raider game, but if the Chiefs get a lead, it will be interesting to see how Lock handles certain passing situations.  I'm a Mizzou fan and have nothing against Lock, but he doesn't seem to be the guy who can carry the team consistently.  

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Spags will have a lot for their O line to recognize along with Lock figuring it out. They just did this with Brady and he knows defenses a lot better. We get our 9th straight win against the Donks. I think a 24 point win in fact.

Hope you are correct. They torched Houston who just beat NE. Donks have weapons, can run the ball and play good D. This will be a test.

29 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Just watched the replay vs Houston. Donkeys look really good, really fast and Lock can play. Plenty of weapons on offense. This is going to be a difficult game to win. The Donkeys are playing relaxed and have nothing to lose. Chiefs will need to bring their best game in all phases. 

How many times have you seen QBs come in and look like HOFers? Mainly because teams don't have any film on them and their team rallies around them. I say it's closer than it should be,  just like I said about the Raiders game. I just hope the Chiefs don't let up after yesterday's game. Very easy to let up but it is a division foe.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

its the perfect trap game and set up for the typical Chiefs ..big win in NE then  big loss v Donks in KC

I was thinking more that the Donks got a big win over a better team and will have a let down next Sunday.  Chiefs won't let down until NE beats BUFF in two weeks.  Then it won't matter. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

I was thinking more that the Donks got a big win over a better team and will have a let down next Sunday.  Chiefs won't let down until NE beats BUFF in two weeks.  Then it won't matter. 

Two straight weeks now the Denver offense has been light years better than before Lock started at QB...  He's young, he's going to have some awful games, but he has a swagger/cockiness about him I didn't realize he had at Mizzou.  It has filtered down to the entire team.

In two starts Lock is 15/18 passing on 3rd down, with 3 TDs, and the defense is teeing off.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Hope you are correct. They torched Houston who just beat NE. Donks have weapons, can run the ball and play good D. This will be a test.

Well we beat them 30-6 before and that was with Mahomes going out in the 2nd quarter and at their house. They come to Arrowhead now and I am sure we will be more than fired up to beat the shit out of them and welcome Lock nicely.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well we beat them 30-6 before and that was with Mahomes going out in the 2nd quarter and at their house. They come to Arrowhead now and I am sure we will be more than fired up to beat the shit out of them and welcome Lock nicely.

That was with Joe Fucco. Different team now.

14 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

That was with Joe Fucco. Different team now.

True, but historically Arrowhead has been a nightmare for rookie QB's.  No division game is a gimme, but unless Mahomes' hand is problematic I don't see a rookie Lock knocking off the Chiefs at home.  It may be closer than the earlier game in Denver, but I see a Chiefs victory and continued dominance over the AFC West. 

4 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Two straight weeks now the Denver offense has been light years better than before Lock started at QB...  He's young, he's going to have some awful games, but he has a swagger/cockiness about him I didn't realize he had at Mizzou.  It has filtered down to the entire team.

In two starts Lock is 15/18 passing on 3rd down, with 3 TDs, and the defense is teeing off.

He's a perfect Bronco. I hope he succeeds in Denver we need you guys to be good again. Not used to the division being like this. Might be Mahomes vs Lock for years to come. KC boy went to Lee's Summit High. Should be an interesting home coming. He and the Donks have nothing to lose. 

I don't see a trap game here. The defense looked awesome against Brady and should be even better against Lock. As long as we can stop the run they'll have to find a way to stop a very hot pass rush. If Broncos can actually build around Lock they might be a force again rather soon but I believe this game will be a growing pain for him. We simply have to stop Lindsay from turning to Henry against us.

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

Does Andy Reid get "trapped" by division opponents? Look at his frickin' record against the AFC West and tell me again how this is a trap game.

We haven’t lost a Sunday division game since 2014.  Andy knows how important the division games are so they are never trap games. A likely reason this division is ours for the foreseeable future. Yes there could be a letdown after a huge road win where we clinched. But this team has had bigger goals since day one and I doubt it. Heck we’ve beaten Denver 8 straight times with 5 different QBs. Next!

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

We haven’t lost a Sunday division game since 2014.  Andy knows how important the division games are so they are never trap games. A likely reason this division is ours for the foreseeable future. Yes there could be a letdown after a huge road win where we clinched. But this team has had bigger goals since day one and I doubt it. Heck we’ve beaten Denver 8 straight times with 5 different QBs. Next!

Pats have 2 very easy games and Baltimore is basically a lock. The only reason for us to lose this game is to treat it as an afterthought and resting a lot of starters with minor injuries. If we we go out to play without getting complacent this is a win like any other AFC West game but I wouldn't rule out the lack of motivation to play all our guys like Mahomes in such a meaningless game. 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Pats have 2 very easy games and Baltimore is basically a lock. The only reason for us to lose this game is to treat it as an afterthought and resting a lot of starters with minor injuries. If we we go out to play without getting complacent this is a win like any other AFC West game but I wouldn't rule out the lack of motivation to play all our guys like Mahomes in such a meaningless game. 

We still have a shot at the #2 seed. Until that is mathematically eliminated I can't see Andy resting anyone.

1 minute ago, dhitter said:

We still have a shot at the #2 seed. Until that is mathematically eliminated I can't see Andy resting anyone.

Yep we also have a shot at the HFA. It's all about what Reid thinks of our chances. In football there's always hope as long as there's a mathematical chance but coaches tend to ignore it from time to time. Basically this game is up to Reid's train of thought. That being said I think we still win with a few starters out.