Chiefs Vs Donkeys

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Every year there's some trendy pick of overzealous fan base that thinks they are ready to take us down as champs. Supposed to be the Chargers the last two year,  Raiders the year before that, next year maybe its Denver.  Ain't happening. This is Andy Reids division. 

Yep. Some live in the past or live in the future. I prefer living in the NOW. Playoffs.

32 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Dude, that's such an elementary view of football.  Momentum and team identity plays such a critical role in how games play out.  Each game is different, each week is different, the Broncos may lose, but they look like an entirely different team that lost to KC earlier in the year, regardless of where it took place, and regardless of who was/wasn't healthy at that time.

I'm not arguing that momentum/team identity are not to be taken into account.  You are on hear talking about how the Broncos aren't the same team as the one that played the Chiefs earlier in the season, but then you don't accept the same viewpoint from a Chief's fans point of view regarding the Chiefs.  I don't think anyone would argue that in his extremely small sample size, Lock looks like a competent QB - especially compared to Flacco - and his presence may have changed the identity and dynamics of the Broncos as a team.  You can't make that argument without acknowledging that the same could be true of the Chiefs given that they largely played the game without the MVP of the league.  Do you not think the Mahomes behind center has an impact on the identity of the Chiefs?

46 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

I'm not arguing that momentum/team identity are not to be taken into account.  You are on hear talking about how the Broncos aren't the same team as the one that played the Chiefs earlier in the season, but then you don't accept the same viewpoint from a Chief's fans point of view regarding the Chiefs.  I don't think anyone would argue that in his extremely small sample size, Lock looks like a competent QB - especially compared to Flacco - and his presence may have changed the identity and dynamics of the Broncos as a team.  You can't make that argument without acknowledging that the same could be true of the Chiefs given that they largely played the game without the MVP of the league.  Do you not think the Mahomes behind center has an impact on the identity of the Chiefs?

I honestly think Moore played a great game against the Broncos, so if you just consider overall play, that game, that week, Moore made great reads and threw with really good accuracy.  Yes, Mahomes is much better than Moore, but on a per play basis, Moore was highly effective, so if you consider the net result, sure, it's possible Mahomes playing the entire game would have resulted in more points, maybe, but I think the differential was nominal.

That said, Flacco handcuffed ANYTHING Denver could do, and it put more and more pressure on a defense that was already overwhelmed at that time.  So a first down here and there, a TD here and there, moving the ball 30 yards before punting, etc, those things make dramatic differences in the outcome of games.  So far, Lock's presence in the passing game has taken pressure off of the Denver offensive line, the WRs, and most importantly, the defense.  Though he threw for 300 yards last week, almost in the first half alone, his mechanics need work and he got lucky on some really risky throws.  So Lock is certainly not polished, and playing at Arrowhead is brutal for any QB, especially a young one. 

But what Lock lacks in polish he makes up for with confidence.  That confidence has CLEARLY, and I mean clearly affected the rest of the players on the field, from OL to the defensive backfield.  So yes, Denver will probably lose on Sunday, and they may very well get blown out, but it won't be the same lifeless, hopeless, and frankly depressing ass team to watch that KC played the first time. 

I will say this though, if the Chiefs don't get pressure, Lock will have success. 

21 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

I honestly think Moore played a great game against the Broncos, so if you just consider overall play, that game, that week, Moore made great reads and threw with really good accuracy.  Yes, Mahomes is much better than Moore, but on a per play basis, Moore was highly effective, so if you consider the net result, sure, it's possible Mahomes playing the entire game would have resulted in more points, maybe, but I think the differential was nominal.

That said, Flacco handcuffed ANYTHING Denver could do, and it put more and more pressure on a defense that was already overwhelmed at that time.  So a first down here and there, a TD here and there, moving the ball 30 yards before punting, etc, those things make dramatic differences in the outcome of games.  So far, Lock's presence in the passing game has taken pressure off of the Denver offensive line, the WRs, and most importantly, the defense.  Though he threw for 300 yards last week, almost in the first half alone, his mechanics need work and he got lucky on some really risky throws.  So Lock is certainly not polished, and playing at Arrowhead is brutal for any QB, especially a young one. 

But what Lock lacks in polish he makes up for with confidence.  That confidence has CLEARLY, and I mean clearly affected the rest of the players on the field, from OL to the defensive backfield.  So yes, Denver will probably lose on Sunday, and they may very well get blown out, but it won't be the same lifeless, hopeless, and frankly depressing ass team to watch that KC played the first time. 

I will say this though, if the Chiefs don't get pressure, Lock will have success. 

Well... you weren't talking about points and neither was I.   You were talking about the way the Broncos "look" with Lock's leadership.  I countered with the same is true when Pat is on the field.  Regardless, I'm not going any further in the weeds on this subject.  It's good when the Broncos are competitive and have a decent QB.  I hope he provides many competitive years against Pat and the Chiefs.  

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

Dude, that's such an elementary view of football.  Momentum and team identity plays such a critical role in how games play out.  Each game is different, each week is different, the Broncos may lose, but they look like an entirely different team that lost to KC earlier in the year, regardless of where it took place, and regardless of who was/wasn't healthy at that time.

Funny you mention momentum as a plus for the Donks when the Chiefs have just beaten the two divisional rivals that were shooting for playoff or division titles at the time then beat the team that couldn't lose at their house for over two seasons.  Injuries may beat the Chiefs.  Stupid plays or bad calls may beat the Chiefs.  The Denver momentum won't beat the Chiefs by itself. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Funny you mention momentum as a plus for the Donks when the Chiefs have just beaten the two divisional rivals that were shooting for playoff or division titles at the time then beat the team that couldn't lose at their house for over two seasons.  Injuries may beat the Chiefs.  Stupid plays or bad calls may beat the Chiefs.  The Denver momentum won't beat the Chiefs by itself. 

I never said the Chiefs didn't have momentum.  I never said that the Broncos momentum would beat the Chiefs by itself.  In fact, I've said several times in this discussion I think the Chiefs will win.  My point was that the Broncos look like an entirely different team NOW, than when Joe Flacco was three-and-out every drive for the Broncos in the first half of the season.   The Chiefs were already good at that time, they are still good, maybe better.

Anything beyond that is just the CTO getting it's panties in a wad, I guess some of these cute little fellas were coddled too much after their hatchings.

16 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Wow, you're right dude.  Denver shouldn't even bother showing up, KC could score over 100 because like, compounding math and all...

Wow overreaction dude to just me laying out some facts about who didn't play but good job there blowing it out of proportion. 🤦‍♂️

But since you said it first, you are right and shouldn't bother showing up....

12 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

I never said the Chiefs didn't have momentum.  I never said that the Broncos momentum would beat the Chiefs by itself.  In fact, I've said several times in this discussion I think the Chiefs will win.  My point was that the Broncos look like an entirely different team NOW, than when Joe Flacco was three-and-out every drive for the Broncos in the first half of the season.   The Chiefs were already good at that time, they are still good, maybe better.

Anything beyond that is just the CTO getting it's panties in a wad, I guess some of these cute little fellas were coddled too much after their hatchings.

It seems like you're the one with sand in the vag overreacting to posts and what not....

15 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

I understand where you are coming from. Watching the last time these two teams played....Flacco showed zero emotion and fire in that game. He almost looked bored. That does wear on a team's psyche. Having Lock gives them some swagger back. I see that. I still think Chiefs win by ten. 😉

On 12/11/2019 at 5:47 AM, kkuenn said:

Yep. 2 wins by a rookie qb and they have the next Elway...... 

There will never be another Elway.  Greatest AFC West QB of all time.  Stop with the blasphemy. 

8 Super Bowl appearances as a QB/GM...  The man deserves a spot on Rushmore.  Bow before his greatness dude.

21 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I understand where you are coming from. Watching the last time these two teams played....Flacco showed zero emotion and fire in that game. He almost looked bored. That does wear on a team's psyche. Having Lock gives them some swagger back. I see that. I still think Chiefs win by ten. 😉

I agree with all of this dhitter.  As always you're a rare voice of reason in the adult daycare that is CTO.

8 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

There will never be another Elway.  Greatest AFC West QB of all time.  Stop with the blasphemy. 

8 Super Bowl appearances as a QB/GM...  The man deserves a spot on Rushmore.  Bow before his greatness dude.

Better make room for Mahomes, he will need a bigger spot.😛

21 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Flacco sucks, no doubt, he doesn't even look like he wants to be play football at this point in his life, and his arm is no longer strong, which is probably why he declined so quickly in Baltimore...  But damn, I expected a lot better out of him than Denver got.  He'll make a decent backup though.

This new kid could turn out to be for real. I want him to do well.  Just not too well.

52 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

LOL!  I can't argue with that.

43 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Better make room for Mahomes, he will need a bigger spot.😛

Let's hope so. 

1 hour ago, BroncoStud said:

If Mahomes has Elway's career I'm gonna be really disappointed.  :)