Chiefs Vs Donkeys

35 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

In spite of our lighting them up twice, that defense won them the Super Bowl and was number 1 in yards, number 1 against the pass and number 4 in scoring.  Meanwhile Peyton was benched half the year for Osweiler and threw for 9 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.  They played Big Ben, Brady and MVP Cam Newton in the playoffs and gave up 16, 18 and 10 points.  It was more than a decent defense.  It was one of the more notable defenses of the past decade. 

These are good points. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I dislike the Broncos as a division foe like everyone else, but don't remember it going down the way you guys are saying. From my memory, Manning wanted to go somewhere that was comfortable to him. Elway recruited him QB to QB, and Manning could relate with Elway more. 

What I’m saying is it’s the rarest of rare things for a HOF QB in his prime to land on your doorstep. It took a once in a generation QB and an injury to set the Colts up to get him that created this rarest of rare opportunities. Sure Elway gets credit for getting him to sign. But that point is Elway has butchered that position completely except when he got this huge break. 

• 2 weeks later...

Broncos' President and CEO Joe Ellis when asked if the sale of the team is an option said, "A sale remains a possibility given the circumstances we’re in."

There are numerous steps for a sale to occur, with the primary one being that the rest of the Ellis family has to approve the controlling owner. Still, Broncos beat writer Vic Lombardi noted, "This is the first time I’ve heard anybody from the organization publicly acknowledge the possible sale of this team."