28 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Quietly has made it to 18th in total defense and 10th in scoring defense.  We all said if we can get that kind of defense we win it all.  And it's not like we've played poor offenses. 

I know I said that. I was not a fan of the Spags hiring due to his recent defenses.But I'm really liking what I'm seeing now. Clark and the DBs have also changed my early season evaluations. 

I'm guessing Okafor is done for the season.  It will be interesting to see how the team handles it; likely means Jones may spend some time at DE, maybe X Williams comes off the IR?  Getting pretty thin along the front.

That said, there's a lot of talk about the secondary -- and rightfully so -- but to me the run D has been great since the first 1/2 of the game in Mexico, especially early in the games to give the O a chance to take the lead.

I think this teams D has gelled.  It is looking so much better.  BUT, i think the key to this is the offense building a lead.  When we get up by two scores, teams panic because they know they can not keep up, and they become 1 dimensional.  So, as they say, it is a team game.  D makes a couple early stops, offense gets a couple extra possessions, and boom, we have them where we want them.

20 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I think this teams D has gelled.  It is looking so much better.  BUT, i think the key to this is the offense building a lead.  When we get up by two scores, teams panic because they know they can not keep up, and they become 1 dimensional.  So, as they say, it is a team game.  D makes a couple early stops, offense gets a couple extra possessions, and boom, we have them where we want them.

WINNING FORMULA!

46 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Lmao all the people here that were calling for Veachs job because the defense that underwent an entire scheme change, a entire new coaching staff, and had 6 new starters wasnt hitting on all cylinders after 6 weeks.

What's new. Most in here have to eat crow from week to week. Some remind me of the media, trying to get the jump on someone else without any evidence to support their claims but gut feelings. Hey but it's a forum for folks to post their opinions. 

3 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

IMO, that was the plan from the start of the season. Get a big lead, and then allow your best players/unit (secondary) to feast.

However, what I didn't see and even imagine is that the Dline would wake up and play. Nnadi, Pennell, CJ and Saunders is THE MAIN reason the run defense has improved. They are really masking the weaknesses with the LBs. Especially Hitchens, who gets completely exposed at least twice a game.

I like the direction the defense is going....and quite frankly, SPAGS is coaching his ASS OFF! Hat's off to him. He's doing a great job at covering our weaknesses, which right now is the LBs. He's been doing it with the Honey Badger, Thornhill and my most hated chief, ole Dirty Dan Sorenson.

My fingers are crossed that Spags can figure out a gameplan to stop physical fronts like Buffalo and Baltimore, where LB play is so damn vital.....I guess we'll see.

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

I like the direction the defense is going....and quite frankly, SPAGS is coaching his ASS OFF! Hat's off to him. He's doing a great job at covering our weaknesses, which right now is the LBs. He's been doing it with the Honey Badger, Thornhill and my most hated chief, ole Dirty Dan Sorenson.

I've been pretty down on Sorenson, but he has been much better this year. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I've been pretty down on Sorenson, but he has been much better this year. 

Yea, I guess. Sorenson is like my old ford truck I used to have...

It ran perfectly every day I drove it to work with no problems whatsoever.

Then when I would drive it 4 hrs away from home to go hunting/fishing it would fucking break down and leave me stranded...costing me 100s to get it towed home.

That's how I think of Sorenson. -- He's great until he's manned up on tight end, at the end of the game and we need one more stop to win..and guess who the pass goes to???

2 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, I guess. Sorenson is like my old ford truck I used to have...

It ran perfectly every day I drove it to work with no problems whatsoever.

Then when I would drive it 4 hrs away from home to go hunting/fishing it would fucking break down and leave me stranded...costing me 100s to get it towed home.

That's how I think of Sorenson. -- He's great until he's manned up on tight end, at the end of the game and we need one more stop to win..and guess who the pass goes to???

You should never buy a ford truck...

1 minute ago, wilkie said:

Mays, Buchana, Culp, Brown

I'm only 52.  I don't remember those guys playing. I would have had to go with Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, Dan Saleaumua, and Bill Maas.  Or Jared Allen, Tamba Hali and whoever else was on that line.  But these guys are more athletic than the ones I mentioned.  There's no DT, but they are all big long athletic guys.

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm only 52.  I don't remember those guys playing. I would have had to go with Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith, Dan Saleaumua, and Bill Maas.  Or Jared Allen, Tamba Hali and whoever else was on that line.  But these guys are more athletic than the ones I mentioned.  There's no DT, but they are all big long athletic guys.

lol..yea I'm only 48 and I'm with you on the DT, Neil Smith, Saleaumua guys...

However, Spags won his superbowl with guys like we have now. Including Okafor and Ogbah. He likes those long athletic guys. Seems to be working!!