Maybe Suggs is more of a need now....

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

MY Take: KC is in the playoff dance. There are no culprits at this point. In fact KC..... goes to the superbowl except for FORDS STUPIDITY....so the defense was not the culprit last year either. Ford was the CULPRIT. The defense got an INT when it mattered most. 

Its not fantasy football. Just win is what KC is focused on. It will be one game, one play at a time................. very soon. 

RUNNING GAME....Maybe this trade is the problem/culprit?

Houston%20Texans.png
Carlos Hyde (ankle) was a limited participant in practice Tuesday.

The 29-year-old back passed 1,000 yards on the ground for the first time in his career on Sunday. He did so with his third 100-yard performance of the season. Hyde is 10th in the NFL with 224 carries so his limited status is likely nothing more than a rest day for the veteran. He faces a stout Buccaneers run defense this week and will be a touchdown-dependent flex option for fantasy championships.

All good points. But even right now Andy should be analyzing what went wrong on blown leads trying to stave it off in January if it’s within his ability. I really don’t think Carlos Hyde would have helped much honestly. He’s had a solid season but he’s average overall. And i think our bad interior oline would have limited him.  Ironically we traded him for just that.  

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

This GM is making a statement, we are all in for this run. If the guy can still produce and wants another legit opportunity to win another one on his HOF caliber resume then this year’s Chiefs are as legit as any. Great signing! 

We have a real shot this year and Andy needs to create that sense of urgency. While I actually think we will be better in 2020, you never know what the injury bug could bring. Heck teams don’t know what they may look like 3 weeks from now. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

We;ll never know, but if Williams had stayed healthy, Hyde wouldn't have gained 400 yards here.  Bad O-line, Coach not committed to establishing the run, Four other backs on the roster, poor pre-season performance.  Hyde fell into a good spot for himself.  Maybe Rankin will be a solid back up or even start next season.  Can't blame the Chiefs for doing the deal. 

Disagree about Williams. Matter of fact, I've seen a lot of...."if Williams were healthy". I honestly think he is hot garbage running the rock. He lacks vision, and he's not an ideal RPO back. Williams continues to stop his own momentum when he attempts to cut upfield. I cant' recall a time when he actually stopped on a dime, planted and cut upfield. Williams is just not a "natural runner".....he's good in the passing game, but he is a below average running back. 

4 hours ago, ChiefThunder said:

Disagree about Williams. Matter of fact, I've seen a lot of...."if Williams were healthy". I honestly think he is hot garbage running the rock. He lacks vision, and he's not an ideal RPO back. Williams continues to stop his own momentum when he attempts to cut upfield. I cant' recall a time when he actually stopped on a dime, planted and cut upfield. Williams is just not a "natural runner".....he's good in the passing game, but he is a below average running back. 

I agree. When we signed Hyde, I said he would win the starting job over Williams. The seasons they've both had thus far make me more confident about my assessment. The Texans' O-line is not great either. Hyde just never got a real shot in KC.

Just now, reesebobby said:

That is a really great analogy.  But I had to google it to see what you were talking about. Try to remember to dumb it down a little for the rest of us.  Thank you and have a great day. 

I think there was some version with Mickey and Minnie Mouse if that would have helped.

49 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

That is a really great analogy.  But I had to google it to see what you were talking about. Try to remember to dumb it down a little for the rest of us.  Thank you and have a great day. 

Not gonna lie. I had to look it up as well. As a follow up I also looked up the pen name of the author to see if the O Henry bar was named after him. It wasn’t. You’re welcome. 😂.  

3 hours ago, Gil said:

I agree. When we signed Hyde, I said he would win the starting job over Williams. The seasons they've both had thus far make me more confident about my assessment. The Texans' O-line is not great either. Hyde just never got a real shot in KC.

Unfortunately if the Chiefs kept Hyde and got rid of someone else and they exceeded where Hyde didn't then people would probably be singing a different tune.

Dammed if they do dammed if they don't. See it every year.

14 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Unfortunately if the Chiefs kept Hyde and got rid of someone else and they exceeded where Hyde didn't then people would probably be singing a different tune.

Its just a discussion. Its not a negative. Just talkin. Some of us enjoy it. The oline guy KC got may end up to be a very good player. I dont think Hyde would have had success in KC with this oline. Houston was a good fit for him.

15 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Its just a discussion. Its not a negative. Just talkin. Some of us enjoy it. The oline guy KC got may end up to be a very good player. I dont think Hyde would have had success in KC with this oline. Houston was a good fit for him.

Chiefs needed roster space.  Simple as that.  An easy decision.

51 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Veach has been good at flipping players we are going to release (as we were with Hyde) into a more talented better fit. Ogbah for Murray last year was a good move. Getting our best starting corner for Parker freaking Ehringer was brilliant. Hyde for Rankins hasn’t worked out in our favor yet but I like the potential and again I’m not Hyde is any better than what Shady gives us. But production wise this is one Veach has lost so far.  I like his aggressiveness though. We ultimately win because of it. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Veach has been good at flipping players we are going to release (as we were with Hyde) into a more talented better fit. Ogbah for Murray last year was a good move. Getting our best starting corner for Parker freaking Ehringer was brilliant. Hyde for Rankins hasn’t worked out in our favor yet but I like the potential and again I’m not Hyde is any better than what Shady gives us. But production wise this is one Veach has lost so far.  I like his aggressiveness though. We ultimately win because of it. 

in my 50 years following the Chiefs, it feels like Veatch has done as good or better a job doing this as any GM we have had, mostly better.

13 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not complaining just stating the obvious. The grass is always greener on the otherside. HB and Clark are good examples. Many in here were losing their minds because they didn't come in and blow it right away. But looking at them after they have worked with the new DC, scheme and team for a while people are singing a different tune.

Some people remind me of news agencies that try to scoop others just to be the first to comment without knowing for sure. But hey that's life.

Williams is like a lot of backs, good with fresh legs only. He is an ideal third down back but was thrust into a starting job, its not his fault he is being asked to do something he isn’t capable of. I dont miss hyde, i do wish we had someone like tevin coleman on the roster though.

i personally think kareem was the best back in the league followed by leveon bell, hard to replace that.

“It’s hard to turn down a reigning MVP and a playoff team and the exciting things that they’re doing, this atmosphere,” Suggs told reporters on Wednesday. “Kinda hard to turn down.

“I was really uncertain about my future last week, but I talked to coach. Brief conversation, but I was like, “OK, let’s see it.’”