Maybe Suggs is more of a need now....

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I think a nasty, confident attitude on the defense was started by HB & Frank, I think Suggs will add to that.

I agree, in football (and basketball) so much of offense is skill and technique, while on defense just having an attitude and putting in effort really goes a long way.  (To be clear, to be great, both O and D require all of the above.)  But in the end I fully believe that replacement level talent can make an average level defense if they have the right attitude and scheme.

Suggs will be where he is supposed to be on each snap.  He is enormously experienced and won't make mistakes.  Still, in terms of age and athleticism, I would rather have Okafor healthy.  But Suggs is a great addition to neutralize that injury problem. He brings the kind of "been there" championship game experience that can't really be measured...and deprives the Ravens of it.

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Suggs will be where he is supposed to be on each snap.  He is enormously experienced and won't make mistakes.  Still, in terms of age and athleticism, I would rather have Okafor healthy.  But Suggs is a great addition to neutralize that injury problem. He brings the kind of "been there" championship game experience that can't really be measured...and deprives the Ravens of it.

Agree.  Suggs would be helpful on a healthy Chiefs D-line.  Suggs could make a huge difference on the D-line which is missing Ogbah and Okafor. 

2 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Did anyone watch him in the game vs the Bears?  I know there was one play in the beginning of the game where he almost sacked the QB.  

I noticed him on one other play.  Did anyone else notice his play or other flashes from him?

Not much production as teams continue to run away from him as he’s been very consistent at setting the edge. Did have his 6th sack in 7 games though even as he continues to battle back from losing 35 pounds this year from the stomach ailment. We haven’t gotten the game wrecker enough we paid for because of that. But unlike a player like Dee Ford who sits out if has a hangnail, Clark battles through and finds ways to make a difference. A BIG part of our turnaround. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Not much production as teams continue to run away from him as he’s been very consistent at setting the edge. Did have his 6th sack in 7 games though even as he continues to battle back from losing 35 pounds this year from the stomach ailment. We haven’t gotten the game wrecker enough we paid for because of that. But unlike a player like Dee Ford who sits out if has a hangnail, Clark battles through and finds ways to make a difference. A BIG part of our turnaround. 

just a guess but I think the Foolfan was asking about Suggs

IIRC I heard he was pretty limited .20-25 plays. I remember hearing that he was all over the field..a real hustler

34 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

just a guess but I think the Foolfan was asking about Suggs

IIRC I heard he was pretty limited .20-25 plays. I remember hearing that he was all over the field..a real hustler

My bad then. I know he graded out as our best dlinemen on PFF in limited snaps. I also read after the game Andy Reid said they expect more snaps for him going forward. 

• 10 months later...

Suggs, wasn't tremendously productive but boy was he a presence on our defense for last year's SB. He provided experience, field study savviness,  and confidence. Felt much better with him out there. Any chance we could bring him back? I didn't see many leaders out there on D last night besides Chris Jones. He was that missing piece aka Bell on offense. 

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Suggs, wasn't tremendously productive but boy was he a presence on our defense for last year's SB. He provided experience, field study savviness,  and confidence. Felt much better with him out there. Any chance we could bring him back? I didn't see many leaders out there on D last night besides Chris Jones. He was that missing piece aka Bell on offense. 

Sign me up, definitely won't hurt 

11 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

couldn't hurt... he made just enough plays that offenses had to worry about him