Pro Bowl surprises?

Nice to see Chris Jones made it. It seems like him and Clark being selected are makeups for being left out previously. I think they're both solid very good players for the Chiefs. I also thought Honey Badger would have made it.

The last 6 games the Honey Badger has been the highest graded safety in football. With his name recognition and this basically being a popularity contest I’m surprised he didn’t make it.  Hardman has had a really nice rookie year but a Pro Bowler even as a returner?   Hopefully as D Toub says he’s gonna break a few real soon and earn that but to date it’s surprising. 

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Crazy to think Jones was skipped over last year but got the bid this year when he killed it last year.  Happy for all the guys to make it.

If you think about it, many times the pro bowl almost lags one year.

Jones should have made it last year with his sack stats alone; this year his stats not as good, but peeps are aware now.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I remember reading earlier that some in here were not happy with picking up HB.

True. May be better, safer, to take no position at all. That way everyone is on the same page & nobody is called out. We can simply do YOGA and Meditate Together.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Im sure the CHIEFS BRASS never discusses, disagrees or argues before making a move or after making a move. 

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

True. May be better, safer, to take no position at all. That way everyone is on the same page & nobody is called out. We can simply do YOGA and Meditate Together.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Im sure the CHIEFS BRASS never discusses, disagrees or argues before making a move or after making a move. 

I doubt any Chiefs brass thought getting HB was a bad idea. 

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

At least you're not proven a fool on a regular basis. 😉

You have to remember this is the fan vote.  Hardman made it based on name recognition for his big plays and his rookie/fantasy name recognition, even if he's been just an average returner (IMO - I honestly don't know the stats and if he's been above or below average).

19 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

You have to remember this is the fan vote.  Hardman made it based on name recognition for his big plays and his rookie/fantasy name recognition, even if he's been just an average returner (IMO - I honestly don't know the stats and if he's been above or below average).

He's 4th in the AFC in both punt and kickoff returns. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He's 4th in the AFC in both punt and kickoff returns. 

In what statistic?  I honestly haven't felt like he's been a huge net plus.  It feels like he could break a long one, but there have been a lot of negative plays, or at least it feels like it.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

In what statistic?  I honestly haven't felt like he's been a huge net plus.  It feels like he could break a long one, but there have been a lot of negative plays, or at least it feels like it.

Yards per return. Reflected in our average starting field position which is 5th best in the NFL. On point he's been pretty good but not Pro Bowl worthy. But when you add in his monster 20.3 yards per catch number and the most 40 plus yard TDs in the NFL; you get a lot of ESPN exposure and hence the Pro Bowl votes. He's not there yet. Fortunately he's only 21 years old and we don't have to worry about paying him for at least 2 more years so it really doesn't matter.