Chiefs vs Bears

23 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I think the Bills will win. Pats are way over due for some bad luck.

Edelman and two thirds of the starting cornerbacks are out for New England. I know the Bills aren't much of a passing team, but that has to help. 

38 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Gotcha, what I've noticed when they do that it's because someone looked better or he's dinged and they believe they can win without him.

He was playing really well. He’s good against the run. 

precautionary. Secondary is deep. No. Red to rush him.

Sort of funny how I have heard and read how teams that are out of the playoffs may mail it in yet you never hear anyone saying that Nagy may not be all in this weekend. If Buffalo wins whose to say that Nagy may want to see some young guys in the KC game. Sort of helping his mentor get a first round bye. Stranger things and thoughts have happened and been said. 🤔

9 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Sort of funny how I have heard and read how teams that are out of the playoffs may mail it in yet you never hear anyone saying that Nagy may not be all in this weekend. If Buffalo wins whose to say that Nagy may want to see some young guys in the KC game. Sort of helping his mentor get a first round bye. Stranger things and thoughts have happened and been said. 🤔

Nagy may need to see some guys for the future IF he's confident about his job security.  His security is probably reasonably high but not absolute.  The team got worse in his second year and it looks like Mitch is probably not their QBotF.  So he may have some thoughts toward the future but I'm sure he also wants to win every game possible.  I don't think he's remotely comfortable enough to do Andy any favors just out of the goodness of his heart.

Wasn't there a case some years ago where the commissioner ordered a coach to play his starters because of the playoff implications of the opponent?  Not necessary on Sunday.  Nagy will try to win every game regardless.  Maybe a few of the players won't give the extra effort if nothing is on the line and they're secure in their jobs for next season, but I'd expect the Bears will play all out at home. 

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Nagy may need to see some guys for the future IF he's confident about his job security.  His security is probably reasonably high but not absolute.  The team got worse in his second year and it looks like Mitch is probably not their QBotF.  So he may have some thoughts toward the future but I'm sure he also wants to win every game possible.  I don't think he's remotely comfortable enough to do Andy any favors just out of the goodness of his heart.

Exactly and that's why don't understand the idea that players or teams will take time off. I understand the mindset of resting your players if your team is set in the playoffs but I also understand professionals won't just quit. That's why counting games as losses because a team has nothing to play for is foolish. With that said I feel the Chiefs will end up with the #2 spot but could easily be wrong. 

20 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Regression after a big turn around is pretty much normal in this league. Absolutely happened to the Chiefs in Andy’s second year too.  If that organization is smart Nagy should be safe.  Personally I’d start to play young guys more too if I’m Andy. More reps for Hardman, Pringle, Harris and Fenton. Maybe finally get DOD out there and Watts. 

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Regression after a big turn around is pretty much normal in this league. Absolutely happened to the Chiefs in Andy’s second year too.  If that organization is smart Nagy should be safe.  Personally I’d start to play young guys more too if I’m Andy. More reps for Hardman, Pringle, Harris and Fenton. Maybe finally get DOD out there and Watts. 

Yep play to win but the rotation should be Hardman over Watkins or Fenton over Fuller at this point. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Yep play to win but the rotation should be Hardman over Watkins or Fenton over Fuller at this point. 

Rookie actual real game action is invaluable for the future. I wouldn’t take Fullers snaps though. He’s a guy who missed significant time this year and we really need to continue to evaluate.  He’s only 24 years old and flashed high level play. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Rookie actual real game action is invaluable for the future. I wouldn’t take Fullers snaps though. He’s a guy who missed significant time this year and we really need to continue to evaluate.  He’s only 24 years old and flashed high level play. 

How much should we care about getting the #3 seed vs. the #4?  The Bills or the Steelers/Titans.  I think the Titans would be the easiest to beat followed by the Steelers, but the Billls offense isn't really all that scary.  The real question is whether it's better to play in NE or BAL  Probably have to go through BAL either way but NE looks more vulnerable at the moment. 

44 minutes ago, jetlord said:

How much should we care about getting the #3 seed vs. the #4?  The Bills or the Steelers/Titans.  I think the Titans would be the easiest to beat followed by the Steelers, but the Billls offense isn't really all that scary.  The real question is whether it's better to play in NE or BAL  Probably have to go through BAL either way but NE looks more vulnerable at the moment. 

I think it doesn't matter, they all will be tough games. The Bills kind of scare me the most, because of the unfamiliarity with them. The Chiefs have played all the other teams the last few seasons in some form or another. 

The Ravens scare me also, because of the history with them, and how well they're playing. They are pissed off after losing to the Chiefs twice, and want to prove something. Having said that, the emotion works both ways, and I don't think the Chiefs are scared of the Ravens. 

I'm not scared of good defense / bad offense teams like the Steelers and Bills.  I think we've shown that we can score on anyone, then when we get a lead and make a limited offense one-dimensional it's all over.  I'm scared of well-rounded teams that can slow us just enough on offense while also scoring on our defense.  That's what the Titans did.  It's hard to judge the other three losses with a limited or no Mahomes, but that's more or less what happened in those games as well.  On the other hand, we were in all those games and also beat a pretty well-rounded team in Minnesota.

26 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm not scared of good defense / bad offense teams like the Steelers and Bills.  I think we've shown that we can score on anyone, then when we get a lead and make a limited offense one-dimensional it's all over.  I'm scared of well-rounded teams that can slow us just enough on offense while also scoring on our defense.  That's what the Titans did.  It's hard to judge the other three losses with a limited or no Mahomes, but that's more or less what happened in those games as well.  On the other hand, we were in all those games and also beat a pretty well-rounded team in Minnesota.

No offense, but I have to disagree.... minus the Chiefs’ complete melt-down on all 3 phases of the game during the last 2 minutes we would have spanked the Titans.

Derrick Henry is the only part of that team that worries me.  That Tenn game was the last time we were burnt by a RB.

13 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

No offense, but I have to disagree.... minus the Chiefs’ complete melt-down on all 3 phases of the game during the last 2 minutes we would have spanked the Titans.

Derrick Henry is the only part of that team that worries me.  That Tenn game was the last time we were burnt by a RB.

In a way you're proving my point though. They beat us because it was in all those phases. I don't think Buffalo or Pittsburgh can do the same to us.

47 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

In a way you're proving my point though. They beat us because it was in all those phases. I don't think Buffalo or Pittsburgh can do the same to us.

My point was it was our complete melt down, not their spectacular play that killed us.  If Colquitt does not screw up the hold AND give them good field position I think we win that game.