Titans in the first round

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Pitt has the Jets and Baltimore so a realistic 1-1 record down the stretch.   The Titans have the Saints and Texans (who will be fighting for the 3 seed.  

There is chance they get in but Pitt has the tie breaker so basically the Titans have to win out.

PIT has to go 0-2 and TEN has to go 2-0 in order for TEN to get in.  If PIT wins 1, TEN is out

29 minutes ago, dksww said:

PIT has to go 0-2 and TEN has to go 2-0 in order for TEN to get in.  If PIT wins 1, TEN is out

I don't think that's right.  If Pitt goes 1-1 and Tenn goes 2-0 the Titans would be 10-6 and the Steelers 9-7.  There wouldn't be any tiebreaker in place. 

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I don't think that's right.  If Pitt goes 1-1 and Tenn goes 2-0 the Titans would be 10-6 and the Steelers 9-7.  There wouldn't be any tiebreaker in place. 

I could have sworn the playoff machine said that to be the case.  I'll check again.

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

1 minute ago, dksww said:

I could have sworn the playoff machine said that to be the case.  I'll check again.

Actually looking at it again, there's at least 4-5 different scenarios than can play out between HOU, TEN and PIT being the 4th, 5th and 6th seeds.

It could even end up being TEN winning the South with HOU being the 6th seed still.

5 hours ago, dksww said:

Steelers are one of those teams that could lose to about anyone if Hodges plays poorly.  But that D is legit and it probably won't happen. Plus the Ravens will have zero to play for week 17, so Ill bet you see a bunch of backups including RGIII

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Plus the Ravens will have zero to play for week 17

So you believe that if the Chiefs were playing the Raiders or even the Broncos (with a 9 game winning 5) the last game of the year and nothing was on the line the players wouldn't care and wouldn't play hard to win?

The Ravens may sit some starters but you can bet they want to beat their arch rival and try to keep them out of the playoffs. It will be a hard fought game.

7 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

So you believe that if the Chiefs were playing the Raiders or even the Broncos (with a 9 game winning 5) the last game of the year and nothing was on the line the players wouldn't care and wouldn't play hard to win?

The Ravens may sit some starters but you can bet they want to beat their arch rival and try to keep them out of the playoffs. It will be a hard fought game.

I believe that just like Andy Reid has done two other times since he got here some coaches bench many starters for a meaningless week 17 game and basically treat it as a bye week. Actually I don't believe that. Its a simple fact. I'm sure the backups play hard. I'm sure the backups, backups play hard in the preseason too. I'm sure they want to win. But the second a coach benches a bunch of the regulars he sends a clear message "this aint that important!"  Different coaches have different philosophies because of that very message measured against injury risk in a meaningless game. This isn't hard. 

We aren’t benching anyone with that #2 seed in play.  Only way we bench starters is if we lose Sunday and we are locked into a position.   This team needs to play both and play well to carry this momentum into the playoffs.  

#2 seed or not.....line em up and let them set them down.   We don’t need luck to beat any team....we just need to play a good game and avoid turnovers and we will be in the SB!

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We aren’t benching anyone with that #2 seed in play.  Only way we bench starters is if we lose Sunday and we are locked into a position.   This team needs to play both and play well to carry this momentum into the playoffs.  

#2 seed or not.....line em up and let them set them down.   We don’t need luck to beat any team....we just need to play a good game and avoid turnovers and we will be in the SB!

avoiding injuries seems to be one of our biggest problems and  to avoid those we need "luck"

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

avoiding injuries seems to be one of our biggest problems and  to avoid those we need "luck"

Most of these playoff teams are pretty equal in talent and most of the AFC field has a good QB, so being relatively healthy is huge. And its pretty much pure luck. This is why its so important in my opinion to have a franchise QB and a coach who can field a consistent contender. Eventually luck will happen if you have enought realistic shots. 

22 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

But that D is legit and it probably won't happen.

Please explain where this is coming from. In the last 5 games they have played the Bills and lost by 7, they beat 4-9 AZ by 6, 6-8 Cle by 7, 1-13 Cinci by 6 and lost to Cle by 14.

People like to point out the Chiefs D has looked good recently and some claim it's due to playing Den, Oak, SD and an inept NE but in the same breath talk about how good Pittsburgh's D is.

No this is not pointed just at you. Several people seem to point out the Chiefs weaknesses are and rightfully so but then they build up others ignoring the same reasoning they gave for being pissed at the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Most of these playoff teams are pretty equal in talent and most of the AFC field has a good QB, so being relatively healthy is huge. And its pretty much pure luck. This is why its so important in my opinion to have a franchise QB and a coach who can field a consistent contender. Eventually luck will happen if you have enought realistic shots. 

Disagree that Buff and Pit have good QBs.  Any NFL QB can get hot for a game, but I don't see either of them throwing for 300 and 3 TDs.  Mahomes can. 

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Disagree that Buff and Pit have good QBs.  Any NFL QB can get hot for a game, but I don't see either of them throwing for 300 and 3 TDs.  Mahomes can. 

Most being the majority. The top 4 seeds right now all have good QBs. Josh Allen has played well within the Alex Smith realm of what they ask him to do. I think he's got the best 4th quarter passer rating in football? Either way I wasn't talking about he or Hodges/Rudolph.  I think both of those teams a fully capable of an upset IF their QB plays decent. But they aren't capable of the deep run any of the other 4 are. And the Texans coach sucks in my opinion. So Watson is gonna have to play his ass off for them to get to Miami. But the kid has that IT factor so its possible. 

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Please explain where this is coming from. In the last 5 games they have played the Bills and lost by 7, they beat 4-9 AZ by 6, 6-8 Cle by 7, 1-13 Cinci by 6 and lost to Cle by 14.

People like to point out the Chiefs D has looked good recently and some claim it's due to playing Den, Oak, SD and an inept NE but in the same breath talk about how good Pittsburgh's D is.

No this is not pointed just at you. Several people seem to point out the Chiefs weaknesses are and rightfully so but then they build up others ignoring the same reasoning they gave for being pissed at the Chiefs.

Sure. Since the Minkah Fitzgerald trade the Steelers have been a great defensive team.
You have an odd insecurity about people complimenting other teams or stating simple facts about their strengths. 

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Sure. Since the Minkah Fitzgerald trade the Steelers have been a great defensive team.
You have an odd insecurity about people complimenting other teams or stating simple facts about their strengths. 

No I have no insecurities what so ever, my issue is that people tend to evaluate teams differently. They evaluate the Chiefs with a microscope and other teams with with a naked eye.

On 12/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, Mloe68 said:

Steelers are one of those teams that could lose to about anyone if Hodges plays poorly.  But that D is legit and it probably won't happen. Plus the Ravens will have zero to play for week 17, so Ill bet you see a bunch of backups including RGIII

I actually wouldn't mind facing PIT in the 1st round(unless we get a bye), that way we can pound on them and send them home so they can see how it feels to try and win a game with a much inferior QB.