Titans in the first round

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

According to CBS Sports here’s the scenario the Raiders get in if they win today. 

Week 17 

Raiders beat Broncos
Browns beat Bengals
Ravens beat Steelers
Texans beat Titans
Colts beat Jaguars

Interesting since the last four listed are all possible.  It would be just like the Raiders to have everything fall their way and then lose to the Donks. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Another kind of strange scenario for the Titans is if we drop to the 4 seed they will play the Texans in the first round. The third time in four weeks the two teams will have played.  I would think the Texans cringe over that scenario. Hard enough to beat a team three times, much less three times in a month. 

If the Raiders got in, would the Chiefs get them for the third time?  Of course, it would be within four weeks. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

If the Raiders got in, would the Chiefs get them for the third time?  Of course, it would be within four weeks. 

3 times in a season isn’t that unusual. Even still that type of familiarity tends to even talent differences out sometimes. That said I’d much prefer to play Oakland than Tennessee.  If we are s true Super Bowl contender we should handle either.  We sure look capable of a deep run again. 

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Interesting since the last four listed are all possible.  It would be just like the Raiders to have everything fall their way and then lose to the Donks. 

Ironically, as well as the Donks are playing with Lock right now, Raiders beating the Broncos seems the least likely outcome on that list.

18 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Ironically, as well as the Donks are playing with Lock right now, Raiders beating the Broncos seems the least likely outcome on that list.

The Raiders ,Chargers, Lions and Denver seem to always find new ways to lose. However, with the Raiders and Denver playing each other who will screw this game up? Personally I believe the Raiders win and 1 of the other four things don't happen. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Bad news for the Titans and even the Raiders.  BAL has decided not to play Jackson against the Steelers on Sunday.  Maybe BAL still wins, but this is the situation I mentioned earlier where one team sits its starters while the opponent is in a playoff spot struggle.

Titans control their own destiny anyway. All they have to do is win. 

50 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Houston would probably sit Watson except they still have hopes of moving up to #3.  Wonder if they'll watch the scoreboard and if the Chiefs have a safe lead, they pull starters.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Houston would probably sit Watson except they still have hopes of moving up to #3.  Wonder if they'll watch the scoreboard and if the Chiefs have a safe lead, they pull starters.

Whose to say Chiefs won't do the same thing. If NE has it safe in hand will they bench their starters? I'm sure they will, unless they feel the 4th seed would not be in their best intrest.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Do we have the 3rd seed locked up? If so yeah I could see ya resting starters if not I think we play to win.   Going through Baltimore is tougher than going through any other AFC team imo.

Personally I’d rather catch the Ravens on what will be three weeks rest for some of the core team. I feel like two weeks for BB to prepare to play us for.a second time in five weeks gives them more advantage.  Obviously IF we win on Jan 4. 
I do think starters will play but if NE has a big lead you may start to see backups.  

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

True but let’s face it. If Baltimore was taking that game seriously the Steelers chances would go way down.  Tenn could still legitimately back it’s way in. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Texans play at 3 so they get a massive advantage of knowing what they should do. 

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Texans play at 3 so they get a massive advantage of knowing what they should do. 

As of yesterday O'Brien was claiming they were going to play starters and win the game but we'll see if that ends up happening.

KC isn't losing to the Chargers.  They're done and do not care.  I would be surprised if they even showed up emotionally.  

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Do we have the 3rd seed locked up? If so yeah I could see ya resting starters if not I think we play to win.   Going through Baltimore is tougher than going through any other AFC team imo.

We have a shot at #2 (Pats lose, we win) and Houston has a shot at #3 (we lose, they win). So all teams could play starters but I'm pretty sure no questionable guys will be playing this week. The rest all depend on what the coaches think. In our case I don't mind sitting out most of the starters as we are known to suffer weird injuries this time of the year. The worst case scenario is playing Bills instead of the Titans, which doesn't really look bad IMO and Chargers aren't that strong of an opponent considering that they have nothing to play for either. 

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

We have a shot at #2 (Pats lose, we win) and Houston has a shot at #3 (we lose, they win). So all teams could play starters but I'm pretty sure no questionable guys will be playing this week. The rest all depend on what the coaches think. In our case I don't mind sitting out most of the starters as we are known to suffer weird injuries this time of the year. The worst case scenario is playing Bills instead of the Titans, which doesn't really look bad IMO and Chargers aren't that strong of an opponent considering that they have nothing to play for either. 

It's hard what to know is the right choice.  You don't want to kill momentum by resting literally everyone but at the same time you don't want to risk injury.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

It's hard what to know is the right choice.  You don't want to kill momentum by resting literally everyone but at the same time you don't want to risk injury.

Yep too tough of a choice. Some players actually play better if they keep a momentum going but also getting some depth guys out there is always useful. It's an easy decision with anyone that's dealing with some form of injury but too tough of a call for the rest. Meanwhile we have suffered terrible injuries in terrible times so no decision can actually be considered the right one. 

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Bad news for the Titans and even the Raiders.  BAL has decided not to play Jackson against the Steelers on Sunday.  Maybe BAL still wins, but this is the situation I mentioned earlier where one team sits its starters while the opponent is in a playoff spot struggle.

yep I'd be pissed... but then again, Vermeil was pretty good at that when the Chiefs had HFA locked

54 minutes ago, dksww said:

As of yesterday O'Brien was claiming they were going to play starters and win the game but we'll see if that ends up happening.

KC isn't losing to the Chargers.  They're done and do not care.  I would be surprised if they even showed up emotionally.  

I’m not buying that. At this point a week off for dinged up players is invaluable. However I do think Baltimore is walking a fine line with 3 weeks between games from its best players.  

1 minute ago, azchief21 said:

Upset Alert: Fitzpatrick throws for 500 yards 6 TDs and 5 INTS to defeat NE and insuring that the Chiefs get #2 seed and Fitzpatrick gets a contract with his 25th NFL team next. He will sit behind a rookie then play the final 5 games.

LOL, it's a long shot but if it happens this is EXACTLY how it happens.

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I’m not buying that. At this point a week off for dinged up players is invaluable. However I do think Baltimore is walking a fine line with 3 weeks between games from its best players.  

I know you said it's a fine line but the idea that skipping one game/week is invaluable but skipping two is dangerous is a little silly.