Titans in the first round

How much of Tennessees success lately had to do with their schedule vs their actual talent? I know Henry and Brown have been lights out but again could that be due to of competition? 

Bye week, Jax, Indy, Oak, all wins. Hou and NO both losses. Meaningless game for Hou, with many starters not playing, to end the season and won. One could even say the Chiefs prior to their Bye week was a fluke and the Chiefs D hadn't started jelling.

One could say the same thing about the Chiefs D over the past 6 games, only difference, Chiefs won all of their last 6.

Philly played shit teams to get in but I don't hear anyone talking about Philly being tough in the playoffs.

So I ask again, are the Titans good or are they a product of a favorable schedule? I believe the Titans are lucky to get NE first round because they probably would have lost to any other AFC playoff teams.

11 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

How much of Tennessees success lately had to do with their schedule vs their actual talent? I know Henry and Brown have been lights out but again could that be due to of competition? 

Bye week, Jax, Indy, Oak, all wins. Hou and NO both losses. Meaningless game for Hou, with many starters not playing, to end the season and won. One could even say the Chiefs prior to their Bye week was a fluke and the Chiefs D hadn't started jelling.

One could say the same thing about the Chiefs D over the past 6 games, only difference, Chiefs won all of their last 6.

Philly played shit teams to get in but I don't hear anyone talking about Philly being tough in the playoffs.

So I ask again, are the Titans good or are they a product of a favorable schedule? I believe the Titans are lucky to get NE first round because they probably would have lost to any other AFC playoff teams.

The Titans are a one trick pony.  Henry.  Their chances against the Pats on the road are about 20% or 5 point dogs  Doesn't mean they can't win.  The Pats look vulnerable at times this season, but I don't see the Titans as a threat to KC or BAL if they get past the wild card round. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Titans are a one trick pony.  Henry.  Their chances against the Pats on the road are about 20% or 5 point dogs  Doesn't mean they can't win.  The Pats look vulnerable at times this season, but I don't see the Titans as a threat to KC or BAL if they get past the wild card round. 

KC will never play the titans by their 6th seeding alone if they are no threat to Baltimore

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

KC will never play the titans by their 6th seeding alone if they are no threat to Baltimore

True.  That was a general statement about their strength compared to BAL or KC.   Best scenario is for the Chiefs to get BUFF for the first game, but that would take two wins by the underdogs to happen. 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Idk, I think a lot of ppl are underrating Tannehill. Why is this dude special is he's got some confidence. It's a new team he's on, he beat out Mariota and they're in the playoffs. He's capable of turning opportunities into points. 

I'd say pressure wise, all pressure is on the Pats,who have everything to lose unlike the Titans. 

And yes Henry is a dump truck lol, gonna be fun watching the Pats and not the Chiefs struggle to tackle that dude in a physical wild card game. Gl Pats. They'll need it. 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Tannehill led the NFL in passer rating.  Brown is going to be AFC Rookie of the Year as one of the best young WRs in football and Corey Davis is no slouch.  No doubt the offense goes through Henry but it’s a very solid overall group around him. They can give the Pats and even Ravens some trouble IMO. 

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think their style of play is tough for anyone. Gritty physical team with good skill position talent. Tannehill is basically what Alex Smith was for us. 

Living in Nashville I can tell you the Titans are no fluke. Unfortunately the Chiefs meltdown that gave them the game back on Nov.10th was just the catalyst they needed to get where they are. That having been said I am not sold on their defense or their coaching. They can be beat. Patriots are like The T2 guy in Terminator. Dead don't mean dead. Not counting them out til they are actually out.

21 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Nope. Baltimore does not want Tennessee. 

Perhaps. I dont think teams are that concerned who they play. They are the top teams in the league and know they need to play well , against any team, to move on. Confidence wise...its more about how they have been playing vs who they prefer. If you want to be the best.........

The ravens are the only team on my mind right now. Imo, the only way to beat them is to keep up scoring wit them. 

A month ago,  I wasn't worried.  But after watching this oline perform over the last month,  I'm not so sure anymore. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

The ravens are the only team on my mind right now. Imo, the only way to beat them is to keep up scoring wit them. 

A month ago,  I wasn't worried.  But after watching this oline perform over the last month,  I'm not so sure anymore. 

Every team has issues and is one key in game injury from being exposed. My take: When KC brings their A game they are un-beat-able. Baltimore is giving Jackson almost 3 weeks off. KC has beat them 2 times and has proven they can score against their D. . No reason they wont win again.