Our offense is so good they can pick and choose what to do.  In a shoot out and need 35+ points?  Ok, we can do that.  

Defense making stops and only need 24-28 points while chewing clock?  Ok, we can do that.

I think what we're seeing from the offense right now is an approach teams took to beat them earlier in the season;  pick up 1st downs and run clock, keeping the defense rested and ready to make plays.

With our defense improving each week, there's really no need to show all of our cards on offense.  We basically went up to Foxboro with half an offensive game plan and still won walking away.  It would've been nice to embarrass the Pats, but let's save that for the playoffs.  I mean, look at the Bears game, we put up 27 points and didn't even target Hardman once.

2 hours ago, the Warparty said:

Last year Mahomes proved he could make the big plays happen. He needed (and Andy) to learn to play like brady and nickle and dime down the field.

This is what we've been seeing all year, 2PM learning to play ball control

It's effective because the defense always has to pay attention to the 50 yd. bomb to Hill or Hardman on every play.  The Bears defense is good, but the Chiefs converted on third and long a couple of times to maintain possession.  The deep weapon is there and defenses have to choose which threat is greatest.  That's the beauty of Mahomes' ability to read defenses so quickly. 

15 hours ago, jetlord said:

When Hill and Hardman are lined up outside, the defense has to keep safeties deep.  Mahomes is taking what's easiest, short passes and Kelce.  Nothing wrong with a possession game and the quick strike is still a threat when needed. 

I think it's more a product of shitty line play.   The deep passes have been largely abandoned out of fear of getting Mahomes hurt again.