Chargers at Chiefs

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Chiefs 31-14.

Rivers starts off hot, marching them down for a quick score to start the game causing people to call for Veach being fired and questioning Honey Badger and Frank Clark.  A general discussion ensues about how the Titans are going to run all over us, because Chiefs. Next 6 drives all end in interceptions causing Rivers to finally curse.  His F-Bomb laced tirade on the sideline becomes legendary on NFL films.  A late score causes another discussion about Andy Reed going full turtle. 

After the game, people start to wonder when the last time a team beat New England at home twice in the same season.  Unable to find any examples, people start to freak out.  But then others point out that the Titans will beat us anyway, so no need to worry about it.  That seems to help a little. 

That sounds about right.

5 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

If the Chargers play disinterestedly we win easy. But if they play like it is their Super Bowl, or if Rivers has decided to retire and go all out, who knows. We need to maintain that 3 seed. Easier to beat Patriots than Ravens if we win the opener.

Is it......really?......

40 minutes ago, Balto said:

Is it......really?......

Probably.  The Chiefs beat the Pats at their house and the game shouldn't have been that close.  The team probably thinks it's better than NE.  BAL is strongest where the Chiefs are weakest.  Doesn't mean the Chiefs can't beat the Ravens, but I'd bet on beating the Pats.  Not so much beating the Ravens.

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Probably.  The Chiefs beat the Pats at their house and the game shouldn't have been that close.  The team probably thinks it's better than NE.  BAL is strongest where the Chiefs are weakest.  Doesn't mean the Chiefs can't beat the Ravens, but I'd bet on beating the Pats.  Not so much beating the Ravens.

Probably right but I’m leaning towards rather face Ravens sooner than later so maybe D isn’t so worn from long post season.

7 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

If the Chargers play disinterestedly we win easy. But if they play like it is their Super Bowl, or if Rivers has decided to retire and go all out, who knows. We need to maintain that 3 seed. Easier to beat Patriots than Ravens if we win the opener.

Bosa and Ingram absolutely destroyed our oline last game and that’s what scares me most. Mahomes taking hits. 

Rivers already said that he'll play in 2020 so might want to sit this one out as a free agent and I'm not sure if the Chargers benefit from risking offseason injury to critical players. That being said even if fully healthy and playing we should be able to take care of business but I'm not sure how either team will approach this game. 

16 hours ago, sith13 said:

Rivers already said that he'll play in 2020 so might want to sit this one out as a free agent and I'm not sure if the Chargers benefit from risking offseason injury to critical players. That being said even if fully healthy and playing we should be able to take care of business but I'm not sure how either team will approach this game. 

If Okung doesn't play or is limited, Rivers might be well acquainted with Clark by the end of the game.  

31-17

On 12/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, reesebobby said:

Chiefs 31-14.

Rivers starts off hot, marching them down for a quick score to start the game causing people to call for Veach being fired and questioning Honey Badger and Frank Clark.  A general discussion ensues about how the Titans are going to run all over us, because Chiefs. Next 6 drives all end in interceptions causing Rivers to finally curse.  His F-Bomb laced tirade on the sideline becomes legendary on NFL films.  A late score causes another discussion about Andy Reed going full turtle. 

After the game, people start to wonder when the last time a team beat New England at home twice in the same season.  Unable to find any examples, people start to freak out.  But then others point out that the Titans will beat us anyway, so no need to worry about it.  That seems to help a little. 

Rivers is going to have 10 more kids before he goes on an F-bomb tirade.

I also could have stopped that sentence after eight words.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

If Okung doesn't play or is limited, Rivers might be well acquainted with Clark by the end of the game.  

31-17

17 might be a bit generous for a Chargers team with nothing to win but wouldn't be surprised if we rest a few guys on defense so who knows.

I doubt Rivers will stay in the game after a couple sacks, he'll just leave and create some nice drama for all the AFC West to enjoy.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:06 PM, jetlord said:

I actually have it the opposite.  I think we're a bad matchup for the ravens.  Their defense is not built to exploit our offense.   Pat will eat their lunch if he's healthy by then.

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

17 might be a bit generous for a Chargers team with nothing to win but wouldn't be surprised if we rest a few guys on defense so who knows.

I doubt Rivers will stay in the game after a couple sacks, he'll just leave and create some nice drama for all the AFC West to enjoy.

I totally disagree Rivers is a competitor if he is anything.. the team around him may suck but if in fact this is his last game he will give his 200%.. to sleep on him would be a grave error

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I totally disagree Rivers is a competitor if he is anything.. the team around him may suck but if in fact this is his last game he will give his 200%.. to sleep on him would be a grave error

I disagree. The team around him is very good...some oline issues. Rivers is MR Pick and personally lost 4 or more games this season. He is done.

4 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Chiefs 42-3

Big error in your thinking is that if the Chiefs get up by four scores in the second half, they'll shut it down, let Moore hand it off to Thompson for 11 plays and 10 minutes and go home to prepare for the wild card game.  If the Texans are losing, the Chiefs may pack it in even earlier. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Big error in your thinking is that if the Chiefs get up by four scores in the second half, they'll shut it down, let Moore hand it off to Thompson for 11 plays and 10 minutes and go home to prepare for the wild card game.  If the Texans are losing, the Chiefs may pack it in even earlier. 

Texans play after we do, so they'll know our result but we won't know theirs.

We're playing at the same time as the Patriots, though.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It'll be 28-3 at half and we'll grind it out for a couple more TDs in the second half.