Ware placed on IR

51 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

The return for #Chiefs RB Spencer Ware was a short one. He’s been placed on Injured Reserve with a shoulder injury and DT Xavier Williams was activated off IR.

Per Rapoport 

This may actually be a net gain. With Williams and Shady healthy we should.be okay there. But you can never have enough quality depth on the Dline rotation.  

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

I am good with Shady, Thompson and Williams. I like having Xavier back.

I’m not trying to argue, but don’t you think our defense was playing fine without X. Williams?

I thought the rotation of Jones, Nadi, Pennell & Sanders at DT was playing very, very well the past 5-6 weeks.

Jones is Jones.  The guy is a beast & I pray that we resign him to a long term deal next year.

Sanders has been a pleasant surprise to me.  I feel like the kid has played well & has been solid.  This is sort of rare for a rookie to perform so well at DT.

Nadi has played well too. I feel like Pennell has shored up our run D. I guess X. Williams would be good depth?

54 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I’m not trying to argue, but don’t you think our defense was playing fine without X. Williams?

I thought the rotation of Jones, Nadi, Pennell & Sanders at DT was playing very, very well the past 5-6 weeks.

Jones is Jones.  The guy is a beast & I pray that we resign him to a long term deal next year.

Sanders has been a pleasant surprise to me.  I feel like the kid has played well & has been solid.  This is sort of rare for a rookie to perform so well at DT.

Nadi has played well too. I feel like Pennell has shored up our run D. I guess X. Williams would be good depth?

altho I agree Iam sure  there are those DT's with bumps and bruises that may need a bit more rest and since Defense wins championships I'm all for them shoring up the line..They must think X has some value doing that

I like the move. The formula to beating us is to run the ball successfully. Another big body to keep the rotation fresh is the best solution to combat that strategy. Ware was stellar at pass pro but he offers next to nothing in the run game. We're better off with Shady, Williams, and Thompson getting the touches.

7 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

plays into the Spags def gameplan. More horses upfront

I felt like Ware was a little underrated in his time here.  Decent all-around back that could have thrived with a better line.  I kind of liked having him back, because I'm never sure what we're going to get from McCoy.  Oh well.  I think a lot of our playoff hopes depend on if Damien Williams can be as good as he was in the AFCCG.

On 12/26/2019 at 7:02 AM, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I agree those guys played have played great and are all better than Xavier right now. Good to have depth in case of injury. Right now I don’t know if he even gets in the rotation but maybe.

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

It's Jamaal Charles birthday. Take a moment to imagine what he would have done in this offense.

Almost as good as with those early 2000’s Oline. Guy was special!  Wished he could have strung 2-3 more years together he would have been a HOFer for sure

No way to predict the overall effect.  It will keep the D fresher, except that they may be on the field longer if Mahomes' pass protection is worse. Also that will likely necessitate one or two more offensive holding penalties per game.  Considering that our strongest asset is Mahomes, a decrease in his protection will probably hurt worse.  Our chance of fumbling may also be higher with Shady playing more. He scares me.  I would much rather see Thompson carry the ball than Shady.  He is probably our strongest RB and a lot less likely to fumble than McCoy.  Personally, I would prefer better protection for Mahomes, so the loss of Ware is a big deal.

All teams have some key injuries at this point.  It comes down to who plays harder with fewer penalties for 60 min, and who has the best coaching.