Super Bowl Prediction

27 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ravens v Saints..be 1 hell of a game

I don't believe either team makes it.

Saints will have to travel away from their Home Dome advantage and play two outside games, one of them probably being in the frozen tundra.

The Jackson led Ravens have been on a nice run but will have to beat Mahomes led Chiefs and a much improved defense which they have yet to do.

Just put $100 at 8-1 at MGM Las Vegas. Pretty good value for a team with a legit shot.  Ravens are big favorites in the AFC now for good reason. Only legit threat If they don’t crap the bed is KC. And we’ve got a some tough challenges to get that chance. Packers are gonna get the 1 seed and be really tough to beat at home. 

So I’ll say Packers vs Ravens if Baltimore doesn’t have to play KC.  Super Bowl 1 rematch if they do.  

33 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Just put $100 at 8-1 at MGM Las Vegas. Pretty good value for a team with a legit shot.  Ravens are big favorites in the AFC now for good reason. Only legit threat If they don’t crap the bed is KC. And we’ve got a some tough challenges to get that chance. Packers are gonna get the 1 seed and be really tough to beat at home. 

So I’ll say Packers vs Ravens if Baltimore doesn’t have to play KC.  Super Bowl 1 rematch if they do.  

oh Lord if there ever is a fix in the NFL this would be it ... right? I'm afraid I'd get sick of it before the game ever started. and then you'd have the MVPat v ARog comparisons  along with the Dawson v Starr. I almost want to puke thinking about it  and if the Pack won???.. Give me an F'n Break

37 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I think we CAN beat anyone and I feel like this is our best shot in my lifetime, but (probably) not having a bye and (probably) needing to play two road games is going to increase the level of difficulty by a lot.

If Chiefs beat a much maligned NE again, which I think they would, and Buffalo or Houston beat the rusty overconfident Ravens the Chiefs could host the AFC Championship Game again. 

Just now, Chiefsfan1963 said:

If Chiefs beat a much maligned NE again, which I think they would, and Buffalo or Houston beat the rusty overconfident Ravens the Chiefs could host the AFC Championship Game again. 

We can also get the #2 seed if we win and the Patriots lose.  These (long-shot, IMO) possibilities were alluded to in my two uses of "(probably)".

I have a hard time picking the Chiefs after decades of them leaving us in heartbreak.  I will say that I don't buy the Ravens as being a Super Bowl team.  They remind me of our teams from the 90s, play defense and run the ball, without a legit big time qb.  I know the North American media has been sucking off Jackson for the better part of the season, but he's still a running QB that relies on his legs and the threat of the runners around him to move the offense.  If the already anointed league mvp is forced to drop back 35 times, the Ravens are going down.  I just don't think that team is nearly as good as its record. 

In regards to the Super Bowl I will say this.  I think the Chiefs are the only AFC team capable of winning the Super Bowl.  If any other team makes it, the NFC wins with ease regardless of who is there.  Personally I think the Saints are the favorite, and the Chiefs are the only team that can match up with them.   

AFC:  Chiefs

NFC:  If 49ers beats Seattle this week, Saints drop to the 3rd seed and will have to play at Lambo with Packers having two weeks to prep....I just don’t see the Saints getting that win.  So that should leave Packers vs either 49ers or Seattle(don’t see Eagles beating Seattle).  I’m saying Packers get to Super Bowl IF they play every game at Lambo, other wise I’m going 49ers.

49ers seem like this years Rams /shrug

4 hours ago, moons314 said:

I have a hard time picking the Chiefs after decades of them leaving us in heartbreak.  I will say that I don't buy the Ravens as being a Super Bowl team.  They remind me of our teams from the 90s, play defense and run the ball, without a legit big time qb.  I know the North American media has been sucking off Jackson for the better part of the season, but he's still a running QB that relies on his legs and the threat of the runners around him to move the offense.  If the already anointed league mvp is forced to drop back 35 times, the Ravens are going down.  I just don't think that team is nearly as good as its record. 

In regards to the Super Bowl I will say this.  I think the Chiefs are the only AFC team capable of winning the Super Bowl.  If any other team makes it, the NFC wins with ease regardless of who is there.  Personally I think the Saints are the favorite, and the Chiefs are the only team that can match up with them.   

Harbaugh will overthink the games and go with analytics vs gut and changing when needed. IMO Baltimore will not be the AFC representative. 

6 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I think we CAN beat anyone and I feel like this is our best shot in my lifetime, but (probably) not having a bye and (probably) needing to play two road games is going to increase the level of difficulty by a lot.

If we had the same playoff draw as last year I’d be unbelievably confident we were headed for Miami. Not the way it works though. Tough road ahead but I think we are legitimately capable. I just hope we’ve saved our best for last. 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Funny cause we all deep down know the Pats will win again

If it plays out as expected the Pats will have two weeks to prepare for us if we win opener. Their entire dynasty could fall that day so we can be sure we’d get every trick they have in the book and some unseen scheme to try and confuse Mahomes. No doubt the Ravens will be rooting hard for them too. No way NE can win in Baltimore. 
We can though. 

I forget the exact stat but it's also worth mentioning that there is a streak going back several years now where only teams with a bye even make the Super Bowl.  Obviously a few wild-card round teams have won, like both Eli Giants teams and Aaron Rodgers' only win, but it's a much harder road.

13 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I forget the exact stat but it's also worth mentioning that there is a streak going back several years now where only teams with a bye even make the Super Bowl.  Obviously a few wild-card round teams have won, like both Eli Giants teams and Aaron Rodgers' only win, but it's a much harder road.

https://www.reference.com/world-view/many-wildcard-teams-won-super-bowl-d3a60638e4c2a8c1

How Many Wildcard Teams Have Won the Super Bowl?

Credit: Pixabay

Six wild card teams in the National Football League have won the Super Bowl. The six teams to win the Super Bowl from the wild card position include the Oakland Raiders in 1980, Denver Broncos in 1997, Baltimore Ravens in 2000, Pittsburgh Steelers in 2005, New York Giants in 2007 and Green Bay Packers in 2010.

Wild card teams that made it to the Super Bowl but lost in the title game include the Dallas Cowboys in 1975, New England Patriots in 1985, Buffalo Bills in 1992 and Tennessee Titans in 1999.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

https://www.reference.com/world-view/many-wildcard-teams-won-super-bowl-d3a60638e4c2a8c1

How Many Wildcard Teams Have Won the Super Bowl?

Credit: Pixabay

Six wild card teams in the National Football League have won the Super Bowl. The six teams to win the Super Bowl from the wild card position include the Oakland Raiders in 1980, Denver Broncos in 1997, Baltimore Ravens in 2000, Pittsburgh Steelers in 2005, New York Giants in 2007 and Green Bay Packers in 2010.

Wild card teams that made it to the Super Bowl but lost in the title game include the Dallas Cowboys in 1975, New England Patriots in 1985, Buffalo Bills in 1992 and Tennessee Titans in 1999.

...yes?

That's all consistent with what I said.  Wild card teams have won it in the past.  I couldn't find the stat directly, so I just had to scroll through Wikipedia pages to figure it out myself.  Baltimore in 2012 was the last time a team that didn't have a bye even MADE the Super Bowl.  So in the last six seasons (2013 through 2018) both teams to make the Super Bowl have had a bye.  Not a terribly long streak and not impossible to overcome, but not very encouraging for teams playing on the first weekend (#3 through #6 seeds).