Armani Watts

Just now, ChiefsFoolFan said:

We’ll see what the prognosis is on Thornhill.  Andy said they’d know more tomorrow.

I think someone posted in the game day thread that Eric berry tweeted an interest in playing with the Chiefs.

Fuck that's just as scary as Sorenson. Berry is toast. I'll be extremely surprised if it isnt a ligament tear. I bet we dont see him back until midseason. I dont think there sany way he doesnt start the season on PUP if its ACL or MCL.

37 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

We’ll see what the prognosis is on Thornhill.  Andy said they’d know more tomorrow.

I think someone posted in the game day thread that Eric berry tweeted an interest in playing with the Chiefs.

That was me and i 100% made that up about eric berry. I would be willing to start a gofundme to keep eric berry away from the team though.

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

That was me and i 100% made that up about eric berry. I would be willing to start a gofundme to keep eric berry away from the team though.

I was repeating your post to see what other posters’ responses would be. 

I’ve had Berry’s injury before & knew he was done in early 2017 when it happened. You can come back from that shit, but it’s always a risk to occur again.

4 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

May need to draft another safety.   Or FA

Even if Thornhill misses games next season, and it's way too early to assume that, the Chiefs can get by with what they have on the roster until he comes back.  It's not like Thornhill  is the heart of the defense. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Even if Thornhill misses games next season, and it's way too early to assume that, the Chiefs can get by with what they have on the roster until he comes back.  It's not like Thornhill  is the heart of the defense. 

Thornhill is a rising star. We saw what was there last season and it was ugly, pathetic a nightmare.  Getting BY? I hope he is back  game one.

15 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Time to put your big boy pants on. Let us not forget he was a 4th rounder and was a pretty darn good starter in college. I hope he shows up and minimizes the Thornhill loss. The idea of Sorenson getting more snaps is terrifying. 

He made a solid tackle on one of the 4th downs that I thought had Gordon short of the sticks.  The bye week will help Spags work out the loss of Thornhill. 

My guess is though Kendall Fuller will take Thorhills' FT FS role/spot.

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Thornhill is a rising star. We saw what was there last season and it was ugly, pathetic a nightmare.  Getting BY? I hope he is back  game one.

Of course we want Thornhill back.  But the hot mess at Safety last season was without Watts and without HB and also without Spags devising a role for Fuller there.  So my point was that if Thornhill is out for part of next season, the Chiefs can focus on other positions of need and not prioritize the safeties.  

30 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Next man up.

Coach speak. Reality is its much easier said than done. Thornhills speed was something sorely missing last year. We can only hope that moving Fuller into that deep safety role last week gives us a legit option. 

41 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Coach speak. Reality is its much easier said than done. Thornhills speed was something sorely missing last year. We can only hope that moving Fuller into that deep safety role last week gives us a legit option. 

And if the next player can't step up then they shouldn't be on the roster.

Just now, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And if the next player can't step up then they shouldn't be on the roster.

Any player can step up the question is at what level? Thornhill is a top ten safety. Not too many teams have a top ten safety on the bench. Thornhill will be missed.