Dorsey out as GM in Cleveland

Wow that didn't take long.   I feel like Kitchens was his pendulum hire to try and control his coach and it back fired big time.   I'm sure he didn't love having an all powerful coach like Andy but that hire had to be his downfall.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-reportedly-fire-gm-john-dorsey-192809814.html

1 minute ago, xen said:

Browns also requested to interview EB for the head coaching position.  Panthers and Giants as well.

Never go to Cleveland. You will have 1 or 2 years and then done. You will not be better off for it professionally and the only reason to go is knowing you would have 3 years of pay doing no work once they fire you.

Dorsey let Baker Mayfield influence his decision to hire Kitchens...a guy with no head coaching experience and it bit him hard. Kitchens was a bad choice both from an Xs and Os level as well as how he handled himself and the team in the public eye. I would be shocked if they hired EB since he has no head coaching experience. They would more likely be looking for a Mike McCarthy type hire IMO.

This smells like a Josh McDaniels move.  Josh is from there, Browns asked for a interview and you’d think Josh would want a gm/HC type of power job like hoodie has.  Plus he might be seeing what Pats will be like without Tom.

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

This smells like a Josh McDaniels move.  Josh is from there, Browns asked for a interview and you’d think Josh would want a gm/HC type of power job like hoodie has.  Plus he might be seeing what Pats will be like without Tom.

interesting.  

7 minutes ago, dhitter said:

One has nothing to do with the other.

Money has nothing to do with money?

I said I doubted it.  But this comes up in the NBA in particular, guys take a little less in situations where they know they can win and rack up endorsements in other areas.

I'm sure he'll get a record setting contract, but maybe he doesn't quite destroy the market because he wants to win and knows we've put him in a situation where he's making all these commercials and will continue to have good visibility as long as we have a competitive team.

Again, it's a long shot and I'm not talking about some huge discount.  But it's not insane to suggest that maybe he doesn't go after every single dollar for these reasons.

Most superstars in sports with any personality have lots of endorsement deals. They make millions of dollars. Russell Wilson for example recently did a contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL. I didn't see a discount there. His money made outside of playing the game had zero affect on where the contract ended up. The same will be true of Mahomes.

14 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Most superstars in sports with any personality have lots of endorsement deals. They make millions of dollars. Russell Wilson for example recently did a contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL. I didn't see a discount there. His money made outside of playing the game had zero affect on where the contract ended up. The same will be true of Mahomes.

NBA players do it all the time.  If they wanted to make the most money, they would stay with the teams that have their Bird rights.  But many of them move to take less in order to win and/or play in a bigger market.  And that bigger market affects their endorsement potential, usually.

You can argue an NFL player wouldn't do the same, but Tom Brady has been providing a (slight) discount for years.

We're not really disagreeing by much.  You are saying any discount is impossible.  I am saying a small discount is very unlikely but possible.  And we're also unlikely to ever know whether or not he gets 100% of what he could have had or something less.

13 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

NBA players do it all the time.  If they wanted to make the most money, they would stay with the teams that have their Bird rights.  But many of them move to take less in order to win and/or play in a bigger market.  And that bigger market affects their endorsement potential, usually.

You can argue an NFL player wouldn't do the same, but Tom Brady has been providing a (slight) discount for years.

We're not really disagreeing by much.  You are saying any discount is impossible.  I am saying a small discount is very unlikely but possible.  And we're also unlikely to ever know whether or not he gets 100% of what he could have had or something less.

when  MVPats wife is worth $400 Mil he might take a pay cut

Ѕhе hаѕ thе оnlу ѕоurсе оf іnсоmе іѕ mоdеllіng аlоng wіth еndоrѕіng thе fаѕhіоn brаndѕ. Тhе nеt wоrth оf Gіѕеlе Вundсhеn іѕ ѕtаggеrіng $400 Міllіоn wіth аn аnnuаl ѕаlаrу оf $44 mіllіоn аnd $128,000 dоllаrѕ реr dау. Моrеоvеr, Gіѕеlе wоrе thе wоrld’ѕ mоѕt ехреnѕіvе brа frоm Vісtоrіа’ѕ ѕесrеt whісh wоrth $15 mіllіоn. Еаrlіеr Неr Соntrасt Wіth Vісtоrіа’ѕ Ѕесrеt Wаѕ а Rесоrd- Вrеаkіng $25 Міllіоn UЅ dоllаrѕ. Неr huѕbаnd NFL quаrtеrbасk, Тоm Вrаdу’ѕ еѕtіmаtеd nеt wоrth іѕ аlѕо whорріng $120 mіllіоn UЅ dоllаrѕ. Іn 2015 аlоnе іt іѕ еѕtіmаtеd ѕhе hаѕ ассumulаtеd $47 mіllіоn аnd ѕhе іѕ thе hіghеѕt раіd mоdеl іn thе wоrldѕ. Тhоugh thе lаrgе раrt оf hеr nеt wоrth іѕ thаnkѕ tо аdvеrtіѕеmеnt саmраіgn аnd brаnd еndоrѕеmеnt. https://thenetworthportal.com/wiki-2018-2019-2020-2021/model/gisele-bundchen-net-worth/

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

So you agree other sources of income do matter, interesting.

Yea sure I'll play..wen MVPat can make other than from his players contract or his wife makes and additional $45 Mil a year or becomes worth $400 Mill  he MIGHT take a pay cut