offseason plans

Cut LDT, Sorensen, Colquitt, Bell, Erving and Watkins.

Resign Jones.

Needs 2- DBs (1 Draft & 1 Vet)   2- LBS (1 Draft & 1 vet)   OC (Draft)  OG (FA older vet-1 year deal)    RB (Draft)    WR (Draft)   Backup TE

Resign Breeland, Claiborne or another prove it guy to allow our drafted guy a year to develop.

1.  OC (Protecting Pat is priority)

2.  DB (If Protecting Pat wasn't a priority he would be a 1st round need)

3.  WR (Draft is too deep to pass up an opportunity and with Watkins and Robinson leaving....its a need)

4.  LB (Should be higher on the list but it isn't)

5.  RB (We are good at finding smaller school studs....so here's to finding lightning in a bottle again)

5 hours ago, Nickac68516 said:

I think he announced he's going back to Bama 

Smart decision.   Get insurance and a kid like that if he stays healthy will be a top 15 pick.     He's a stud and I would have taken him over IOL which I think is the most important need we have outside of DB/LB.    He's a beast!

11 hours ago, Palangi said:

Here is a LB to keep an eye on. and if he is around when we pick in round 2 I think we should jump on it.  

William Gay JR Mississippi state LB 6'2" 240

This kid is electric,  fast,  and nasty.  Unfortunately for him he is like that off the field too. As he has been suspended by the coach previously.  Had academic issues. And most recently got into an altercation with their QB during bowl preparation.  Causing the QB to not be able to play for (rumor) broken orbital bone.  But I think with guys like Frank Clark and Tyronn Mathieu over there hr would be kept in check and focused.  He's also the son of William Gay, the safety from the Steelers.  

7590212.jpg

Isn't he exactly the type of player we should avoid with Mahomes in KC 🤔

Linebacker in free agency & top draft choice. Move up if needed. Resign current corners and use a mid round pick. Secondary has played very well. Oline is more an issue of running game than pass protection. Mahomes has not been sacked all that much. Free agent and mid round pick for oline.  Running backs and receivers are least of needs and can be picked up after the draft and after final cut downs. 

Check into this guy if released.

Colts GM Chris Ballard said, "We'll probably move on" when asked about impending free agent Eric Ebron.

The Colts appear willing to enter 2020 with Jack Doyle and Mo Alie-Cox as their top-two TEs. Ebron should have a decent market of teams that could use a big-bodied receiver that is capable of lining up all over the formation. Overall, Ebron spent as much time in the slot (152 snaps) and out wide (69) as he did as a true inline TE (102). Drops have always been a bit of a problem, but Ebron is just one season removed from scoring 13 touchdowns.

21 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Smart decision.   Get insurance and a kid like that if he stays healthy will be a top 15 pick.     He's a stud and I would have taken him over IOL which I think is the most important need we have outside of DB/LB.    He's a beast!

Alabama linebacker Dylan Moses' decision to return for his senior season has been held up as he seeks insurance protection for 2020. Earlier Thursday, his father, attorney Edward Moses Jr., said his son had given an "unadvised commitment" to come back to school rather than enter the NFL draft

Dylan Moses on Monday announced his decision to return to the Crimson Tide for the 2020 season. He missed all of this past season recovering from a torn knee ligament he suffered in August.

Maybe not a done deal yet. 

On 1/2/2020 at 1:29 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

He is if he is designated as a post june 1st cut, I believe. He has a 12 million dollar cap number next year. That's not in line with his productivity at all. Although he had his best game of the year last Sunday.

there are no post june 1st cuts this year...........

1 hour ago, bamaroyal said:

Hitchens is finally playing somewhat like the player that was in Dallas... 

Much better fit for Spags defensive schemes... Still 12 Mil - ouch!

Think he will only do better. A switch for him to Raglands spot and get a true free roaming LB would make for a solid group of LB with Wilson imo.

On 1/2/2020 at 12:26 PM, FANATIC said:

Linebacker in free agency & top draft choice. Move up if needed. Resign current corners and use a mid round pick. Secondary has played very well. Oline is more an issue of running game than pass protection. Mahomes has not been sacked all that much. Free agent and mid round pick for oline.  Running backs and receivers are least of needs and can be picked up after the draft and after final cut downs. 

Check into this guy if released.

Colts GM Chris Ballard said, "We'll probably move on" when asked about impending free agent Eric Ebron.

The Colts appear willing to enter 2020 with Jack Doyle and Mo Alie-Cox as their top-two TEs. Ebron should have a decent market of teams that could use a big-bodied receiver that is capable of lining up all over the formation. Overall, Ebron spent as much time in the slot (152 snaps) and out wide (69) as he did as a true inline TE (102). Drops have always been a bit of a problem, but Ebron is just one season removed from scoring 13 touchdowns.

We really need another red zone target with likely loss and disappointing play of Watkins. This is the type that could make sense. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

We really need another red zone target with likely loss and disappointing play of Watkins. This is the type that could make sense. 

I don't like the idea of paying significant money to a player that will be hard pressed to see 60% of the snaps.    Double TE sets are nice but Ebron isn't a good blocker and the money we spent on him could easily be used on an IOL.   We have a young talented guy on the PS in Fortson and there are guys way better than Bell we can draft.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't like the idea of paying significant money to a player that will be hard pressed to see 60% of the snaps.    Double TE sets are nice but Ebron isn't a good blocker and the money we spent on him could easily be used on an IOL.   We have a young talented guy on the PS in Fortson and there are guys way better than Bell we can draft.

I’d prefer a guy who’s proven he can be a red zone threat and won’t break the bank. Ebron could be the type of guy you could convince to take a short term prove it deal playing with Mahomes. . I’m not willing to let Watkins walk and hope an undrafted completely unproven guy like Fortson can help. My choice would be to add  one veteran WR or TE.  Not a high profile signing, but a guy who fits. 

Find it interesting to see what is out there when an article ranks them by position. Some we have said here but I also looked at S too in case Thornhill is not quite ready or we want one and play 3 safeties with HB near the line too. Maybe Ha Ha Clinton Dix? Either way get us a C in the draft say Biadaz and or a FA one then draft a G ot FA one. Some good LB out there too.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2868659-nfl-free-agency-2020-previewing-this-years-class#slide0://bleacherreport.com/articles/2868659-nfl-free-agency-2020-previewing-this-years-class#slide0

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree.  Im interested in Fortson. 

Aldo I rather have yelder than bell too. I hate how he is inactive and bell plays

On 12/31/2019 at 11:03 PM, Palangi said:

The Wisconsin/ Oregon game will be interesting. You mentioned the Wisconsin center.  But pay attention to the Oregon center as well, Jake Hanson. Her is a good one as I'd a second round grade.  Could improve to a a late first rounder with a good game.  He is big 6'5" 305. 

Also watch the RT for Oregon Calvin throckmorton.  He has played center too. And is 6'5" 320

I thought that Hansen looked better than Biadasz. He's definitely more athletic to get out and pull and get to the second level.  

I'd like to see us get him in round 1

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Find a back that weighs 230 or 240 that can run a 4.4 

:)

Jonathon Taylor is 5'11" and around 220 who ran 4.4 out of high school. Would be nice to get him too. Maybe Biadasz last to round 2 then? Combine will tell a lot

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Najee Harris 6'2" 230. Going to be around 4.5 forty

Yea. He’s from right around the corner. I followed his high school career.

im not sure if he has a burst needed at the next level. The initial get off is very slow. Imo 

23 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I’d prefer a guy who’s proven he can be a red zone threat and won’t break the bank. Ebron could be the type of guy you could convince to take a short term prove it deal playing with Mahomes. . I’m not willing to let Watkins walk and hope an undrafted completely unproven guy like Fortson can help. My choice would be to add  one veteran WR or TE.  Not a high profile signing, but a guy who fits. 

Yeah I'm all for that but I seem to remember Ebron having issues with the drops when we played him and the announcers referencing issues this entire year.  Maybe I'm wrong.   

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Yea. He’s from right around the corner. I followed his high school career.

im not sure if he has a burst needed at the next level. The initial get off is very slow. Imo 

Pass.  He's Derrick Henry lite.  We don't need a back that needs space to pick up speed we need another Kareem Hunt.   Man was a moron he was.....could've been really special here.......probably would have already had a ring here........oh well.

Would any of you take Travis Etienne in the 2nd?    He's not necesarrily a draft crush just a guy who seems to fit in our O and has a lot of wiggle.   Don't really like drafting a RB early but our O run like a top with an above avg rb.   Curious about y'alls thoughts?

1. OL

2. Travis Etienne

3.  DB

29 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Pass.  He's Derrick Henry lite.  We don't need a back that needs space to pick up speed we need another Kareem Hunt.   Man was a moron he was.....could've been really special here.......probably would have already had a ring here........oh well.

Would any of you take Travis Etienne in the 2nd?    He's not necesarrily a draft crush just a guy who seems to fit in our O and has a lot of wiggle.   Don't really like drafting a RB early but our O run like a top with an above avg rb.   Curious about y'alls thoughts?

1. OL

2. Travis Etienne

3.  DB

Etienne thread in the draft forum

hes my favorite college player

hes going late round 1 in all the mocks