offseason plans

36 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Well Watkins had a good gabe that could propel him to be an asset to trade this offseason.  One more to show out 

How would Watkins look if Hill and Kelce weren't drawing double teams?  Not saying he didn't play well.  That catch on the sideline was a beaut.  To be valuable, though, he has to be a true #1 quality who can stay healthy all season. 

I like Wisnievski in the mix as well. Clear upgrade over Wylie and we can't fix everything at once. Right now my #1 priority would be a stud OC and definitely another guard to replace LDT. LB might be a bigger need in terms of lack of decent options on the roster but keeping Mahomes upright is definitely more critical.

Watkins might bring in a late pick if he goes off in the SB but I wouldn't really count on it. He'll be very expensive for most GMs. 

26 minutes ago, Palangi said:

What about wis at center? Then get a RG and Rankin is the LG.

Then Allegretti can develop for another year or two

I think Wis would be better than Reiter but not sure if he would be a stud. Raiders signed Hudson when they already had him in town. However Wis would definitely be a decent starter for another year if we can find a better OG than OC in the draft. 

12 hours ago, Palangi said:

Not sure about Allegretti..  He might be ready to take over the OC position next season or maybe he'll never be a starter.  We just don't know enough about him yet, but the coaches do and if they don't draft two O-line, it's an indication that they have plans for him. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:43 AM, Palangi said:

This guy checks a lot of boxes and fits the value draft range. Would allow us to go corner or cover LB in round 1. 

·
Jan 20

Nick Harris - OC #56 - is one of the best zone OL in this entire class. His angles whether covered or uncovered, path to the second level, and ability to frame blocks in space are outstanding. The power behind the punch is just a welcomed bonus for removing hands pre-climb.

My thoughts have changed a little as the defense has improved.  I think we still have to draft at least one interior Oline, a tight end, and a running back.  Beyond that, I'm good with some BPA.  I think as Pat gets more expensive, we'll need to keep feeding him some cheap young talented wide receivers.  I'm not comfortable that Robinson is a solution. 

6 minutes ago, xen said:

Good news

Andy seems to be relentlessly trying to get EB a head coaching gig. No way he wants to lose Kafka too. I'm sure they can just make him co-cordinator or passing game coordinator or something. Get EB one more round of looks next year. If we win the Super Bowl, EB is going to get a job next year. 

Our D is more than capable and I think we can find one or two replacements for Breeland, Fuller, and Claiborne with cheap one year prove it deals.   But we need to get younger and draft at least 2 DB's in the draft.  One early on and then a developmental prospect.  I truly feel keeping Mahomes up right is the key to long term success.  Obviously wr's have to be talented enough to get open but for the next couple years we have Hill, Hardman (who will get better), and Kelce so we have a little time to keep drafting guys later on and developing them like Pringle and Robinson.   

LB, DB, IOL should be top the selections in the draft unless a top rated RB/WR falls to our choice in the 2nd or 3rd.   

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

This guy checks a lot of boxes and fits the value draft range. Would allow us to go corner or cover LB in round 1. 

·
Jan 20

Nick Harris - OC #56 - is one of the best zone OL in this entire class. His angles whether covered or uncovered, path to the second level, and ability to frame blocks in space are outstanding. The power behind the punch is just a welcomed bonus for removing hands pre-climb.

Maybe the best first C in the entire draft for our blocking scheme.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:29 PM, beltranfan said:

Ok.  I"ll be that guy.  The one who is always looking forward to the off season.    So, i think it's pretty much a given that they cut Watkins and Sorenson.   I'm a fan of cutting LDT as well.   Those moves give them close to 40 million in cap space.   Time to re-sign Mahomes, Re-sign one of the corners(Breeland or Fuller).  I also like bringing back Robinson, Xavier Williams and one of the veteran QB's.   Hopefully Speaks, Okafor and Thornhill all recover from their injuries.   I think the Chiefs franchise tag and then trade Chris Jones.  I love the idea of loading up on draft picks to keep the young talent level replenished.  AFter the success of Veachs last draft, why not give him more picks?    Saunders plays more, helping to replace Jones.   Darwin Thompson takes over McCoys snaps.   Ward, Fenton and whichever cb they re-sign are the starters there.   I'd love to see them add a proven interior lineman and a back up linebacker/4th corner.   Then in the draft, go heavy offensive line, along with a back up TE and some linebackers.  

I'll say it like I said last offseason.  To let Sorensen go is pure lunacy.  He is a special teams ace and when called on to play safety, he knows where people are on the field, what is happening on a play, gets there quickly, and lays giant licks on people at high speed.  Toub will neve agree to let Sorensen go. The team wants to cultivate agressiveness on defense and have guys who can fly around and disrupt. Sorensen is the epitome of that.  As for a backup QB, Reid will ALWAYS want an experienced guy.  He will go with Henne if he can...or someone else who knows complicated offenses, can prepare and execute a game plan.  Let X.Williams and Speaks go.  Never, never let Jones get away. McCoy must go.  Darwin Thompson is going to be a great back.  Shifty and strong.  Keep Darryl Williams.  He is very strong. I agree that Robinson is expendable. He will be a strong guy for a lot of teams, but he can be replaced pretty easily.

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

·
Jan 20

Not a fan of nick Harris