offseason plans

5 hours ago, reesebobby said:

My thoughts have changed a little as the defense has improved.  I think we still have to draft at least one interior Oline, a tight end, and a running back.  Beyond that, I'm good with some BPA.  I think as Pat gets more expensive, we'll need to keep feeding him some cheap young talented wide receivers.  I'm not comfortable that Robinson is a solution. 

I like ther yelder kid and im interested in Fortson. The kid on the practice Squad.  

This TE class is not very good this year.  I think we can hold off

41 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I like ther yelder kid and im interested in Fortson. The kid on the practice Squad.  

This TE class is not very good this year.  I think we can hold off

I think we start seeing some vets come our way to play with Mahomes and have a chance at a ring.

Some very useable TEs on the FA market this year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/tight-end/

7 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'll say it like I said last offseason.  To let Sorensen go is pure lunacy.  He is a special teams ace and when called on to play safety, he knows where people are on the field, what is happening on a play, gets there quickly, and lays giant licks on people at high speed.  Toub will neve agree to let Sorensen go. The team wants to cultivate agressiveness on defense and have guys who can fly around and disrupt. Sorensen is the epitome of that.  As for a backup QB, Reid will ALWAYS want an experienced guy.  He will go with Henne if he can...or someone else who knows complicated offenses, can prepare and execute a game plan.  Let X.Williams and Speaks go.  Never, never let Jones get away. McCoy must go.  Darwin Thompson is going to be a great back.  Shifty and strong.  Keep Darryl Williams.  He is very strong. I agree that Robinson is expendable. He will be a strong guy for a lot of teams, but he can be replaced pretty easily.

Why would they let Speaks go when he is on a rookie contract and they havent seen him at all in a 4 man front? His cap savings would be barely more than 400k. If they didnt give up on Kpass they arent giving up on Speaks before finding out if he can be a valuable part of the rotation. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

We know. He doesnt play for Oregon and his name isn't Hanson.

Huh? I didn't even say anything about hanson? Im sorry you're upset about that. 

Im actually leaning more to resigning Wis and letting Allegretti develop for another year or 2 at center.  Draft or sign a guard and let Rankins have the other guard

10 hours ago, beltranfan said:

I still think they tag and trade Jones.  We are short on picks already, and have paid Clark big money on the D-Line.   Saunders has done ok for a rookie.   Jones is very good.  We just can't pay Mahomes, and 2 huge contracts on the d line

Remember, the league raised the cap a bit.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why would they let Speaks go when he is on a rookie contract and they havent seen him at all in a 4 man front? His cap savings would be barely more than 400k. If they didnt give up on Kpass they arent giving up on Speaks before finding out if he can be a valuable part of the rotation. 

Good points.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yep. Gotta give Daly and Spags a legit shot with this kid.  In turn Speaks needs to take this offseason more seriously, especially in the gym and kitchen. 

Speaks will be next years Suggs.  A bigger stronger DE that can rotate inside on obvious passing downs like Kpass.  I agree they aren't giving up on a cheap and talented guy that was also used incorrectly under Sutton.  The guy is a hustler and should thrive with better coaching and a new scheme.    Guys we have coming back  Clark, Nnadi, Saunders, Kpass, Okafor and Speaks.   Guys we should resign are Jones and Pennel.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Speaks will be next years Suggs.  A bigger stronger DE that can rotate inside on obvious passing downs like Kpass.  I agree they aren't giving up on a cheap and talented guy that was also used incorrectly under Sutton.  The guy is a hustler and should thrive with better coaching and a new scheme.    Guys we have coming back  Clark, Nnadi, Saunders, Kpass, Okafor and Speaks.   Guys we should resign are Jones and Pennel.  

Agree.  The Chiefs can do without Williams.  Not sure if they will try to resign Ogbah.  He played pretty well this year.