Mahomes contract

5 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

In my Madden 20 franchise, Mahomes demands over $250 MILLION, the Chiefs can't afford him, he becomes a free agent, and the New England Patriots sign him just as Tom Brady retires.

Well your Madden game can just go to hell then, can't it.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Image result for fuck you emoji

True story.  I tried to sign him to my Lions team but couldn't come up with the cap space.  This could spell bad news for you guys.  In reality he's going to cost $40 MILLION per season.  Hell, Dak Prescott was demanding over $30 MILLION per season from Jerry Jones.

Hunt and Veach both know that signing Mahomes to  a huge contract carries huge risks.  If Mahomes suffered an injury like Thiesman, for example, the Chiefs would be bottom feeders for years.  A five year contract should be the limit unless there's an out written in. 

3 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

True story.  I tried to sign him to my Lions team but couldn't come up with the cap space.  This could spell bad news for you guys.

So you're suggesting the Chiefs will let Mahomes walk?  Guess they should just go with QBs like Flacco, Lynch, or Ostwieler. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So you're suggesting the Chiefs will let Mahomes walk?  Guess they should just go with QBs like Flacco, Lynch, or Ostwieler. 

Salty...  Nice. 

I'm not suggesting anything other than in my franchise the Chiefs lacked the cap space to sign Mahomes and he walked out a free agent to the open arms of the Patriots.

But it's kind of silly to make fun of Denver QBs when the Chiefs have started guys like Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, Elvis Grbac, Matt Cassell...... 

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

Salty...  Nice. 

I'm not suggesting anything other than in my franchise the Chiefs lacked the cap space to sign Mahomes and he walked out a free agent to the open arms of the Patriots.

But it's kind of silly to make fun of Denver QBs when the Chiefs have started guys like Damon Huard, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, Elvis Grbac, Matt Cassell...... 

Yep, and we could make a similar list for about twenty five other franchises.  The point is that when a team finds a QB they can confidently build the future around, they will find the cap space.  It may cost them in terms of surrounding cast, and cause some very good positional players to walk, but no way could a team with a Mahomes, Rogers, Wilson, etc. let him walk away. 

4 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Salty...  Nice. 

Meh at least we didn't think Tim Tebow was a viable long term QB.  

I remember last season, during a game; a commentator said he was told they were already working on it. I think that's how I heard it. They found the money to pay Cassel, Smith, and Trent Green. I think they will sign Mahomes. I hope you guys aren't honestly letting what Bstud said bother you, he's talking about a video game. 

8 minutes ago, qnet said:

I remember last season, during a game; a commentator said he was told they were already working on it. I think that's how I heard it. They found the money to pay Cassel, Smith, and Trent Green. I think they will sign Mahomes. I hope you guys aren't honestly letting what Bstud said bother you, he's talking about a video game. 

anyone who takes Stubby seriously is mentally ill AF🤣

I just Googled Mahomes contract. I'm not sure about the accuracy, but it says he signed a four year fully guaranteed deal at 16 mil.  I'm ignorant about NFL contracts, but he's better off than I thought, which is cool. Other reports say his new deal could be aout 200 mill, but that's something we all talked about. 

12 minutes ago, qnet said:

I just Googled Mahomes contract. I'm not sure about the accuracy, but it says he signed a four year fully guaranteed deal at 16 mil.  I'm ignorant about NFL contracts, but he's better off than I thought, which is cool. Other reports say his new deal could be aout 200 mill, but that's something we all talked about. 

That was his contract he got from being drafted at number 10 in 2017

56 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The most magical middle finger to Scott Pioli because he refused to even talk to Hasselbeck.

I read today that Josh McDaniels wants the Cleveland job and that Pioli is on his short list of executives that he wants to take with him.

3 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

I read today that Josh McDaniels wants the Cleveland job and that Pioli is on his short list of executives that he wants to take with him.

Good luck with that. Be sure to keep all trashed picked up....

well.... you see, if something doesnt happen before march 2020 ..... things get very interesting.... 

In short, If something doesnt happen before then, I would expect mahomes, agent to do a 1 year deal. most 2..

because of  limits put on contracts in the final year of the cba. 

Also,  please remember there will be no unlikely to be earned incentives, next year, provided something doesnt happen before  march, The cba has several poison pills in it to make both the NFL and the players union, want to make certain, that we dont see the last year of the current cba. This will affect all deals this year.  

On 12/31/2019 at 10:39 PM, Calichief said:

I know there are many other things to talk about and this can wait, but it’s been on my mind...

everyone is saying how mahomes will break the bank, everyone.

he seems like a guy who will put winning first, I truly do 

with all the money he’s going to make in endorsements (probably record breaking), I could really see him taking less to win..

does anyone else think this is a possibility?

especially if they fail to win this year

He would get about 10 times the endorsement money in one of the really big cities, so that isn't something in the Chiefs favor.  Still, the NFL has structural ways to preserve fan bases in its cities by making rules that lock in franchise QB's.  Anyway, I truly believe Mahomes relishes his role and community profile in KC.  He is in a sweet spot in KC, with Andy Reid, the talent around him, and that fantastic home on State Line. The Chiefs will pay him north of $200 million.