Will Juan Thornhill come back 100% ??

The way technology is and considering his age and natural athleticism, it would be shocking if he didn’t return to full strength. But if Fuller can hold up in deep safety it makes the decision whether to keep him much easier.  

8 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Why?  We got Watts and Lucas too

And I really wish they would use DOD in Sorenson spot.  He is faster and more athletic

DOD does not get it. He has to have issues understanding defense and adjusting to it.

5 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would take safety if the talent is there. Even if he comes back 100%. We play 3 safeties. 

All the holes we have and you want to draft a3rd safety when we have thornhill,  Mathieu,  watts,  and Lucas already.  Not to mention Fenton and fuller (if brought back)  who showed promise in that role also. 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

And I really wish they would use DOD in Sorenson spot.  He is faster and more athletic

I’m not remotely sold that Watts, Lucas or DOD aren’t gigantic drop offs from Thornhill.  There’s a reason these guys get almost no snaps. Losing Thornhill has the look of a major blow. Hope one of these guys proves me wrong.  

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

I would take safety if the talent is there. Even if he comes back 100%. We play 3 safeties. 

Lunacy.  With all the areas of need, drafting a safety early just doesn't make sense.  CB, LB, IOL are all crying needs.  Even if Thornhill misses games next fall, Watts can fill in better than the Chiefs can get along with the CBs and LBs they have under contract. 

It's up to the doctors to decide. Even though we have a terrible record of anticipating recoveries we still need to trust the doctors. If they believe he won't come back 100% we should be on the market for a replacement but with the way he played this year that won't be an easy task. 

9 hours ago, Palangi said:

All the holes we have and you want to draft a3rd safety when we have thornhill,  Mathieu,  watts,  and Lucas already.  Not to mention Fenton and fuller (if brought back)  who showed promise in that role also. 

Yep. BPA. Right now we are one injury from starting Luca and Watts. We don’t know if or when Thornhill will be his old self. So, yeah.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Lunacy.  With all the areas of need, drafting a safety early just doesn't make sense.  CB, LB, IOL are all crying needs.  Even if Thornhill misses games next fall, Watts can fill in better than the Chiefs can get along with the CBs and LBs they have under contract. 

If Watts can’t beat our Dirty Dan for playing time, I am not quite ready to put my eggs in that basket. It is his time to step up. If he doesn’t, you are starting Dirty Dan next year. Ouch.

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

With Ward, Breeland, Fenton, Claiborne and Fuller at CB.

And HB, Dan, Watts and Lucas at safety. 

Is it really fair to say it’s lunacy that I think safety is the thinner position group?

The general recovery timetable for ACL injuries across sports seems to be that since he's so young, yes, he should get back to 100% but whatever we see of him in 2020 won't be at 100%, we'll have to wait until 2021.

To those of you who say we have a bad track record of injury recovery as an organization, who other than Berry are you talking about?  I can't think of examples.

31 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

The general recovery timetable for ACL injuries across sports seems to be that since he's so young, yes, he should get back to 100% but whatever we see of him in 2020 won't be at 100%, we'll have to wait until 2021.

To those of you who say we have a bad track record of injury recovery as an organization, who other than Berry are you talking about?  I can't think of examples.

Justin Houston was by far the crowning glory of failure. Chiefs doctors also had real problems with Jamaal Charles knee later in his career. 

Overall the problem is overstated largely because of the very high profile nature of these three..  You’ve also had some major injuries where stars have returned less than a year later and had big years. Including Jamaal Charles after a torn ACL in 2011 and Eric Berry.in 2012.  

And obviously major props should go out to Rick Burkholder and how he handles Mahomes knee dislocation from the get go. Probably saved our season.  But it’s been a mixed bag.  

28 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

We have a terrible history of estimating the recovery times. They anticipated guys like DJ, Hali, Houston, LDT, Charles to return much sooner than they ended up doing. I don't know if the staff is actually this optimistic among themselves or if it's just what we end up hearing as the public but the staff seems way too optimistic.

15 hours ago, Palangi said:

I think Lucas is a FA after this season.

EDIT:  Jordan Lucas is a free agent after this season:  https://overthecap.com/player/jordan-lucas/4917/ 

I'm not sure KC will bring him back, I would rather bring back Kendall Fuller.

Dirty Dan will probably stay through his current deal which expires after the 2020 season.

15 hours ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Will he make a complete recovery or do we draft another safety?

Yes, relax.  The Chiefs take it slow with this type of thing so I think by week 8 or 9 next season he'll be a full 100% to go.

Don't worry if he misses training camp, pre-season and the start of the season next year.