Will Juan Thornhill come back 100% ??

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm not saying this wouldn't be a good player, I'm just saying guys in football and basketball take most of a year before they can play again, and then it takes a season before they are fully back to form.

But not a reason to waste an early draft pick on his temporary replacement. 

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

6 to 9 months is the norm. Depends on how severe and how he heals up etc. Some have come back before 6 months, some take the whole 9 months and then some. He is young and I am hoping for the 6th month time frame.

More like 9 months is the norm for a football player. There may have been athletes who have returned before 6 months, but I've never seen it in football. 

11 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

More like 9 months is the norm for a football player. There may have been athletes who have returned before 6 months, but I've never seen it in football. 

Wasn't Adrian Peterson less than 9 months?  Injured in December then ready for preseason?  I may be forgetting the details. 

15 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

Clemson WR Amari Rodgers came back in around 5 to 6 months. Peterson did his MCL and ACL in around 10 and then led league in rushing etc.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Thank you Nostradamus. Nobody thought Mahomes would be back as quick as he was. Nobody thought JJ Watt would play again this year. Let's see what happens before we right him off.

Yeah no need to rush.  We got 5 months until the draft and we will know a lot more then and I think players are gonna want to come play here and we could sign a few prove it deals to supplement depth without blowing a draft pic.  

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah no need to rush.  We got 5 months until the draft and we will know a lot more then and I think players are gonna want to come play here and we could sign a few prove it deals to supplement depth without blowing a draft pic.  

Exactly. If they think there’s a short term problem, they will find a short term solution.  

On 1/5/2020 at 9:22 PM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

But not a reason to waste an early draft pick on his temporary replacement. 

Even if he never got hurt, we play 3 safeties and only have 2. Dan is over paid and under performs so I would like to let home walk. Lucas and Watts need to show that they deserve to be one of the 3 or we need to get a safety. Just my opinion.

Dan has lined up at the Will a lot. We play a S there a much as we play a LB. probably more. I think a good S gives us more snaps than a good Will. Assuming Spags keeps this approach and it wasn’t just because we sucked at Will LB.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

Even if he never got hurt, we play 3 safeties and only have 2. Dan is over paid and under performs so I would like to let home walk. Lucas and Watts need to show that they deserve to be one of the 3 or we need to get a safety. Just my opinion.

Dan has lined up at the Will a lot. We play a S there a much as we play a LB. probably more. I think a good S gives us more snaps than a good Will. Assuming Spags keeps this approach and it wasn’t just because we sucked at Will LB.

The Chiefs have HB, Thornhill, Watts, and Fuller playing in Spag's scheme.  Even with Thornhill possibly out for part of next season, they aren't in critical shape there.  I think a top LB that can cover will be the best solution to improving the D along with a cover CB.  Even if Breeland comes back, there is primary need there. 

• 1 month later...

Expectation is for #chiefs S Juan Thornhill to be ready for the start of the season. When he gets going during training camp is still TBD. I’m told his ACL injury actually turned out to be in better shape than expected when the surgery actually happened. Good news.

43 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Expectation is for #chiefs S Juan Thornhill to be ready for the start of the season. When he gets going during training camp is still TBD. I’m told his ACL injury actually turned out to be in better shape than expected when the surgery actually happened. Good news.

Good news.  We need him healthy.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, DieHard said:

Q:  how many safeties do we need that can play single high?

A:  just Juan.