liquidfriend

Release:

Sammy Watkins (sucks)

Cam Erving (sucks)

Austin Reiter (sucks)

Anthony Hitchens (post June 1, but only if there's a new CBA in place)

Tag:

Chris Jones

Paycut:

Dirty Dan chops off 2m in base to stick around

Re-Sign:

Stefen Wisniewski

Emmanuel Ogbah (2 yr/8m)

Mike Pennell (2 yr/6.9m)

The Chiefs retain these 3 players.

Sign:

QB Marcus Mariota (3yr/14m)

Mariota is brought in as a rehab project behind Pat.  Low year one cap charge with the idea that he'll be flipped in a trade before he gets expensive.

WR Albert Wilson (1yr/3m)

Brought back on a prove it deal to play in the slot

Ultimately the Chiefs are cap strapped even without a Pat extension.  It's going to be a quiet winter in KC.

Draft:

1.  C.J. Henderson, CB  Florida

They will be targeting a CB early with Fuller, Breeland and Claiborne all due to be leaving.  They might have enough space to keep Claiborne but that's about it.

2.  Joe Bachie, LB  Michigan State

The Chiefs have been dreadful at LB.  Should be a Day 1 starter at Mike.

3.  Nick Harris, C  Washington

Excels at blocking in space and lots of experience playing in Washington.

4.  Michael Divinity, LB  LSU

The Chiefs double up on Linebackers in hopes of quickly turning around its weakest position on the team

5. Jacob Breeland, TE  Oregon

Should be a decent developmental player at TE.

Will be a pretty bare Offseason for the Chiefs.

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Release:

Sammy Watkins (sucks)

Cam Erving (sucks)

Austin Reiter (sucks)

Tag:

Chris Jones

Paycut:

Re-Sign:

Stefen Wisniewski

Emmanuel Ogbah (2 yr/8m)

Mike Pennell (2 yr/6.9m)

Sign:

Mariota is brought in as a rehab project behind Pat.  Low year one cap charge with the idea that he'll be flipped in a trade before he gets expensive.

Ultimately the Chiefs are cap strapped even without a Pat extension.  It's going to be a quiet winter in KC.

Draft:

They will be targeting a CB early with Fuller, Breeland and Claiborne all due to be leaving.  They might have enough space to keep Claiborne but that's about it.

The Chiefs double up on Linebackers in hopes of quickly turning around its weakest position on the team

Rb?

On 1/2/2020 at 4:57 PM, liquidfriend said:

Release:

Sammy Watkins (sucks)

Cam Erving (sucks)

Austin Reiter (sucks)

Tag:

Chris Jones

Paycut:

Re-Sign:

Stefen Wisniewski

Emmanuel Ogbah (2 yr/8m)

Mike Pennell (2 yr/6.9m)

Sign:

Draft:

I like the bachie pick. But we might be able to get him in round 3 or 4. He failed a drug test and was suspended this year. 

On 1/2/2020 at 4:57 PM, liquidfriend said:

Release:

Sammy Watkins (sucks)

Cam Erving (sucks)

Austin Reiter (sucks)

Tag:

Chris Jones

Paycut:

Re-Sign:

Stefen Wisniewski

Emmanuel Ogbah (2 yr/8m)

Mike Pennell (2 yr/6.9m)

Sign:

Draft:

I think there is a chance we can get something for Watkins and LDT.  Maybe if we package them we can get a 3rd rounder. Both have shown talent but might just need a change in scenery.  

Maybe buffalo would trade for LDT. Gets him real close to home in French Canada.  

10 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I think there is a chance we can get something for Watkins and LDT.  Maybe if we package them we can get a 3rd rounder. Both have shown talent but might just need a change in scenery.  

Maybe buffalo would trade for LDT. Grey's him real close to home in French Canada.  

I'd take a 7th for both. Free up almost 20 mill and get a flyer on a rookie. Sign me up. 

I usually agree with you about offseason plans and personnel stuff, but this idea you have that these guys can net valuable picks is crazy to me. 

To trade them as a package you would be asking a team to take on 30 million dollars in salary in 2020 for an underachieving WR who cant stay healthy, and an average at best RG. I mean what GM is going to give up a 3rd for that package? What GM is going to give up anything other than swap of bad contacts for that?

On 1/2/2020 at 7:57 PM, Calichief said:

Rb?

I guess I didn't address this at all. 

Going to be hard to address all the needs with the limited resources they have, but they do need to address RB in some form.  I think Jonathan Williams from the Colts would be a nice addition to the rotation if Ballard doesn't keep him.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:27 AM, Wolfscall said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hunt return to KC on a cheap 2 year deal. Not saying he will, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That book has been closed.  Hunt is a RFA and I don't think the Chiefs will ever bring him back.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:46 PM, Palangi said:

I like the bachie pick. But we might be able to get him in round 3 or 4. He failed a drug test and was suspended this year. 

I totally forgot about that failed test.  Will depend on how he answers questions about .

On 1/3/2020 at 7:49 PM, Palangi said:

Maybe buffalo would trade for LDT. Gets him real close to home in French Canada.  

I don't see any value in Watkins unless he blows up in the playoffs.  For now they would be better off to keep Ldt.

19 hours ago, Palangi said:

I like Michael ojemudia from Iowa too. We can probably get him in round 4 too. Develop him. 

Bring breeland back.  

Ward

Breeland

Fenton

Ojemudia

Reaser

Brown 

If the Chiefs end up keeping Chris Jones, I just don't see the space to keep Breeland

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Yea. I know a too many needs to address for sure. But I think rb is a real issue 

It is. They will draft one. And theres no way in hell we are "better off keeping LDT" when the guy has a 9 million dollar cap number. I'd much rather use the money that he has going to Mariota on retaining a CB too.

As far as Ogbah is concerned I think that Breeland Speaks is probably going to get his snaps for a fraction of the cost. Cutting LDT, Sorenson, and not spending the money on Ogbah or Mariota would give us another roughly 15 mill that isnt available in his mock off season. 

Watts needs to show up though. Him playing at a solid level is the only way we will be able to justify cutting Sorenson.

I agree with him it will be an off-season where we dont see many outside names brought in. I do think they will find a way to sign a good interior lineman though. Drafting a center, signing a RG ( Graham Glasgow ?) and getting Rankin back in there at LG could make a huge difference in the run AND pass game.

What you think about Ldt and what they think are two different things.

I do not think they're going to flip the entire interior OL in one offseason.  

In your scenario they are very thin at the edge, the line has lacks cohesion and getting a back up QB on a backoaded deal to flip for draft picks is a great idea.

Gonna have to disagree entirety.  The Chiefs aren't going to be big spenders on a RB in a RBBC plan.

12 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

What you think about Ldt and what they think are two different things.

I do not think they're going to flip the entire interior OL in one offseason.  

In your scenario they are very thin at the edge, the line has lacks cohesion and getting a back up QB on a backoaded deal to flip for draft picks is a great idea.

Gonna have to disagree entirety.  The Chiefs aren't going to be big spenders on a RB in a RBBC plan.

Speaks, Kpass, Harris, Okafor, Clark. That seems like solid depth. I'm not saying I don't want them to resign Ogbah. I do. 

As far as the interior line you could be right. Center is clearly gonna change, but they might roll with LDT another year. They did overhaul the entire D in one offseason though, so I dont think a new starting C and RG is out of the question.

I also think they'd prefer to have a workhorse than this committee plan. Reid fed the shit out of Hunt when we had a legit RB1.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:18 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

Speaks, Kpass, Harris, Okafor, Clark. That seems like solid depth. I'm not saying I don't want them to resign Ogbah. I do. 

As far as the interior line you could be right. Center is clearly gonna change, but they might roll with LDT another year. They did overhaul the entire D in one offseason though, so I dont think a new starting C and RG is out of the question.

I also think they'd prefer to have a workhorse than this committee plan. Reid fed the shit out of Hunt when we had a legit RB1.

I don't know if I would agree.  The long term approach for Andy has been the RBBC system, but Kareem Hunt happened to just be good enough to where that was brought to an end.  If they can get another back like that on the cheap?  Sure, but I don't think they will pay steeply for it.  That's why I said it was nbd when the Kareem Hunt thing went down as I don't think he was going to be a long term solution here.

On the Defense, they mostly swapped parts that just did not work at all.  I think they can squeeze a bit more out of the frenchy Canadian, but we'll see.

The main thing here is I don't see them filling all of these holes in one offseason with just 5 picks and minimal cap and a Pat extension looming.

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't know if I would agree.  The long term approach for Andy has been the RBBC system, but Kareem Hunt happened to just be good enough to where that was brought to an end.  If they can get another back like that on the cheap?  Sure, but I don't think they will pay steeply for it.  That's why I said it was nbd when the Kareem Hunt thing went down as I don't think he was going to be a long term solution here.

On the Defense, they mostly swapped parts that just did not work at all.  I think they can squeeze a bit more out of the frenchy Canadian, but we'll see.

The main thing here is I don't see them filling all of these holes in one offseason with just 5 picks and minimal cap and a Pat extension looming.

Isn't it probable that the Chiefs get a comp pick for Nelson?  I'm thinking a fourth which wouldn't be out of range for a RB or second CB.  CB, LB, IOL could be the first and second day picks.  Just hope Veach doesn't trade them off to move up and grab an unheard of prospect in the second.  😊

Also wonder if Alligretti fits into the Chiefs O-line plans.  Could be back up a OG position or maybe play center?  By next fall he should be an upgrade over Reiter.  Is Rankin starter quality?  We know the Chiefs don't have the stud LB anywhere on the roster and they'll need another CB in all probability so expect to see early emphasis there with a second day fix on the line. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Isn't it probable that the Chiefs get a comp pick for Nelson?  I'm thinking a fourth which wouldn't be out of range for a RB or second CB.  CB, LB, IOL could be the first and second day picks.  Just hope Veach doesn't trade them off to move up and grab an unheard of prospect in the second.  😊

Also wonder if Alligretti fits into the Chiefs O-line plans.  Could be back up a OG position or maybe play center?  By next fall he should be an upgrade over Reiter.  Is Rankin starter quality?  We know the Chiefs don't have the stud LB anywhere on the roster and they'll need another CB in all probability so expect to see early emphasis there with a second day fix on the line. 

Yes I believe they are lined up for a 4th rd comp.

Release: 

Sammy Watkins 

Cam Erving 

Austin Reiter 

LDT

Tag:

Chris Jones

Paycut:

Re-Sign:

Emmanuel Ogbah (2 yr/8m)

Mike Pennell (2 yr/6.9m)

Jordan Lucas (2 yr/3m)

Breshaud Breeland  (2 yr/8m)

Marcus Kemp (minimum) 

Sign:

C- Graham Glasgow 4yr/25m) a starting center that can push in the run game.  Can hold up on the pass game.  Is only 28. Can at least hold the spot until Allegretti is ready. 

Draft:

1.  Jedrick Willis OL Alabama

I'd the RT gout Bama, but we bring him in to lock in the RG spot. Has day 1 starting ability.  6'5" 325. Dominant in the run game.  Will be very good at the pass game as a guard

2.  Damon Arnette CB, Ohio State

A 6' corner with immense speed. With the resigning of Breeland he can learn for a year or two then take over. Has experience on the outside and slot. 

3.  Joe Bachie LB, Michigan State

Physical kid with good movement skills.  Has very good instincts.  

4.  Michael Ojemudia CB, Iowa

Big long corner 6'1". Has good instincts and a tough player.  A depth and developmental guy 

5. Devin Duvernay WR, Texas

Fits the mold of our WR not overly tall 5'11" but has a good build and is very fast.  Expected to be in the 4.3 range. 

Roster: 

QB- Mahomes, Henne

RB- Williams,  Thompson,  Williams,  Weber, McGuire

FB- Lovett

WR- Hill,  Hardman, Pringle, Kemp, Duvernay 

TE- Kelcie, Yelder, Fortson

LT- Fisher,  Senat

LG- Rankins, Wylie

C- Glasgow, Allegretti 

RG- Willis, Wylie

RT- Schwartz,  Barton

DE- Clark,  Harris, Ward

DT- Jones, Speaks, Pennel

DT- nnadi, Saunders 

DE- Ogbah, Kpass, Lanier

SLB- Neimann, Harris

MLB- Hitchens, Bachie

WLB- Wilson, DOD

CB- Ward, Ojemudia 

CB- Breeland, Arnette 

NB- Fenton, Brown

SS-  Mathieu, Sorenson, lucas

FS- Thornhill, Watts, lucas

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

15 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yes I believe they are lined up for a 4th rd comp.

Don't think so.  Think it was contingent on Devey being a significant contributor, but he broke his dick again.

With that said, who knows with the comp moon math formula

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Don't think so.  Think it was contingent on Devey being a significant contributor, but he broke his dick again.

With that said, who knows with the comp moon math formula

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/5/10/18564479/nfl-com-projects-chiefs-to-receive-2020-fourth-round-compensatory-pick

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 1:56 PM, Iluvhouse24 said:

They were assuming that Breeland won't impact the formula at all. 

https://overthecap.com/projecting-the-2020-compensatory-picks-2/

I'd be surprised if the Chiefs got anything.  Basically hoping that Okafor wouldn't quality to get that 4th (slim chance).

On 1/20/2020 at 7:34 PM, liquidfriend said:

They were assuming that Breeland won't impact the formula at all. 

https://overthecap.com/projecting-the-2020-compensatory-picks-2/

I'd be surprised if the Chiefs got anything.  Basically hoping that Okafor wouldn't quality to get that 4th (slim chance).

Yeah I don't think we get anything either.  Doesn't seem to add up

• 3 weeks later...