I know will get blasted for it, but Schwartz and Fish are very close. Both are incredibly  durable. Both are above average Ts. Fish is better at sliding to take on speed rush and is not quite as good at bull rush. Schwartz struggles with speed but is strong as an ox.

I know, I know. Schwartz can do no wrong and Fish can’t do anything right. I get it. They are both very good and very durable and both should have gotten Pro Bowl nods at some point. We are lucky to have both of them. Wish we had more like them on the inside.

5 hours ago, qnet said:

The All pro team seems harder to make

There's a 1st and 2nd team (= "string") for the whole league, instead of a full 53 man roster for each conference + like a billion injury replacements.  So yeah, All-Pro is harder to make and doesn't have a fan/player element to the voting.

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Surprised Kittles got 1st team over Kelce.

No matter what anyone says, all of these things have some popularity vote involved. All voters are fans which makes them bias to a point. The renewed love affair with SF this year boosted him, eventhough based on stats only, Kelce beat him in almost every category.

20 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

No matter what anyone says, all of these things have some popularity vote involved. All voters are fans which makes them bias to a point. The renewed love affair with SF this year boosted him, eventhough based on stats only, Kelce beat him in almost every category.

I love Kelce as much as anyone but his stats, on a per game basis, were basically identical with Kittle's, and several of those games that Kittle did play he was hampered.  Kittle is clearly the superior player at this moment in time and if he'd been fully healthy he would have surpassed Kelce's stats by a fair margin.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

I love Kelce as much as anyone but his stats, on a per game basis, were basically identical with Kittle's, and several of those games that Kittle did play he was hampered.  Kittle is clearly the superior player at this moment in time and if he'd been fully healthy he would have surpassed Kelce's stats by a fair margin.

Part of being an all pro is availabilty too. Playing devils advocate here but if Mahomes had been healthy all year Kelce would have benefited more too. That and having more weapons to throw to hurts Kelce at KC. Kittle is all SF had until they traded for Sanders.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Part of being an all pro is availabilty too. Playing devils advocate here but if Mahomes had been healthy all year Kelce would have benefited more too. That and having more weapons to throw to hurts Kelce at KC. Kittle is all SF had until they traded for Sanders.

But you could argue the weapons thing in favor of Kittle too, that if he's all they had it becomes all the more impressive that he was the #1 option and had all that production.

It comes down to if the award is for raw production or the best player or some mix of the two.  Kelce wins on raw production but if it was close enough that if you think he's the better player it's not unreasonable to vote for him for the award.  Also, he had a play that more or less won possibly the game of the year.  You can't say anything similar about Kelce.

Again, I love Kelce and think he deserved at least 2nd team.  I just don't blame people for voting Kittle.  If I had one game tomorrow, all other things being equal, I'd pick Kittle.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I think Kittle blocks really well also, but I just remember hearing that during a 49ers game. Kelce looks just as good to my eyes, but I've only seen Kittle a couple times. 

13 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

But you could argue the weapons thing in favor of Kittle too, that if he's all they had it becomes all the more impressive that he was the #1 option and had all that production.

It comes down to if the award is for raw production or the best player or some mix of the two.  Kelce wins on raw production but if it was close enough that if you think he's the better player it's not unreasonable to vote for him for the award.  Also, he had a play that more or less won possibly the game of the year.  You can't say anything similar about Kelce.

Again, I love Kelce and think he deserved at least 2nd team.  I just don't blame people for voting Kittle.  If I had one game tomorrow, all other things being equal, I'd pick Kittle.

Knowing I am an Iowa guy i was hammering for us to draft him. Imagine that combo

Kittles PFF grade is off the charts but the advanced metrics don’t line up with your assessment.  In fact neither was the best tight end here. But when you also look at simple yards per game and yards per catch which eliminate missed games from injury, Kelce was better.  With multiple game injuries to nearly every other starting Chiefs skill position player really make his reliability this year a massively important measure of his value as well.  Both great bit there’s no way you can say Kittle is clearly better without evaluating blocking and their roles there. 
https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te/2019

34 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Kelce is surrounded by more weapons too. 
you could argue he has have even more touches