Keys to Chiefs vs Texans - Divisional Round

Your key matchup for Chiefs Texans - Divisional Round  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which matchup will the game boil down to?

• Reid vs O'Brien
    • Mahomes vs Watson
    • Chiefs Secondary vs Texans Wideouts
    • Chiefs Run D vs Texans Backs / RPO
    • Chiefs Backs vs Texans Run D
    • Spags vs O'Brien
    • Reid vs Crennel

5 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Seeing that he was listed this morning around 0800 CST as limited participation it begs the question of when did this happen?

Just means he was limited the day before when they release the league mandated injury report about 3 PM. 

The Kansas City Chiefs practiced Friday without defensive tackle Chris Jones, who was limited Thursday because of a calf injury.

Coach Andy Reid said Jones “tweaked his calf” Thursday, leading to a cautious approach Friday ahead of Sunday’s playoff game against the Houston Texans at Arrowhead Stadium.

“We held him out today,” Reid said. “We’ll just see how he does.”

The Chiefs later designated Jones as questionable against the Texans on Friday’s injury report.

If Jones, who missed Week 6’s matchup against the Texans with a groin injury, can’t play Sunday, the Chiefs are likely to utilize an interior defensive line rotation with Derrick Nnadi, Mike Pennel and rookie Khalen Saunders.

While the Chiefs now take a wait-and-see approach with Jones, there doesn’t appear to be a high level of concern for tight end Travis Kelce, who was limited in practice Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because of a knee injury.

Reid said Kelce’s injury is “more a bruise than anything” and complimented what the tight end was able to accomplish during Friday’s workout.

“He was out there practicing, did a nice job with the plays that was in,” Reid said.

Nevertheless, the Chiefs listed Kelce as questionable on the final injury report.

Reid said cornerback Morris Claiborne, who is ruled out for Sunday’s game, was excused from a third straight day of practice for personal reasons. Claiboorne hasn’t played since suffering a shoulder injury in Week 13.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article239154803.html

From Nate Taylor at The Athletic:

Quote:
During the portion of Thursday’s practice that was open to reporters, I watched Kelce across the field, and he appeared to be in his normal routine. Kelce looked good when he ran and has played in every game this season. Based on these facts, I’m confident Kelce will play Sunday and that the Chiefs’ training staff is only being cautious with his sore knee, although I can’t tell you which knee it is at the moment.

As for Jones, I expect much of the same. Jones hasn’t been on the Chiefs’ injury report since he returned in November. Jones appeared to have a slight calf injury during Thursday’s practice. But he wants to make a statement in the playoffs since he’s playing in the final year of his rookie contract. Jones has also yet to record a sack in the postseason, so I’d be surprised if he’s not in uniform Sunday.

5 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Oh yeah he does. Niners winning today , Cali?

Yea. Theilan injury hurts.

ps- the Jones injury wouldn’t  hurt as much against the titans or ravens imo. Due to the heavy run. Pennel Williams and nnadi will be key against either of those teams.

22 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yea. Theilan injury hurts.

ps- the Jones injury wouldn’t  hurt as much against the titans or ravens imo. Due to the heavy run. Pennel Williams and nnadi will be key against either of those teams.

Yup which is why we got the better matchup with Hou rather than TN. Let those two beat each other up 2nite.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea they look good thats for sure

that Debo Samual and their Pass rush is concerning..damn I hope the Queens can pull this out

ViQueens playing them tough. If Houston is this close with us tomorrow it might be a long day. I don't think it'll happen though.

43 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

yea they look good thats for sure

that Debo Samual and their Pass rush is concerning..damn I hope the Queens can pull this out

They look really solid. I gained a lot of respect for them when I watched them play the Ravens over the holidays.  

Just now, Lamardirts said:

San Fran looks tough.  They can run the ball very successfully and that defensive front is ridiculous.   We would have to get a lead and force them into passing the ball otherwise I don't know if we can shut that down.

KC beat Minn with a back up QB. They are nothing special. KC can hang with anyone.