Keys to Chiefs vs Texans - Divisional Round

Your key matchup for Chiefs Texans - Divisional Round  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which matchup will the game boil down to?

• Reid vs O'Brien
    • Mahomes vs Watson
    • Chiefs Secondary vs Texans Wideouts
    • Chiefs Run D vs Texans Backs / RPO
    • Chiefs Backs vs Texans Run D
    • Spags vs O'Brien
    • Reid vs Crennel

11 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Niners are good. They beat teams in front of them.

they aren’t pretenders as some said 

Good team that needs to play from ahead. They got to play a team we beat with our third string QB to get to NFC Title game. The next QB they play will not be Kirk Cousins. I think they lose. But who knows. I do think the AFC bracket is MUCH tougher. 

24 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Good team that needs to play from ahead. They got to play a team we beat with our third string QB to get to NFC Title game. The next QB they play will not be Kirk Cousins. I think they lose. But who knows. I do think the AFC bracket is MUCH tougher. 

Two top teams in the AFC, KC and BAL and four in the NFC, SFO, GB, SEA, and N.O.  Doesn't mean any of those can't lose early as N.O. proved, but it would be a real surprise if the SB doesn't come from that list.  Actually, SEA and GB look inconsistent at times.  Smart money is on BAL vs. SFO but KC and the others have legitimate shots. 

40 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I said good. Not elite. Good teams beat the the teams they are supposed to beat.

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

I'm pulling hard for them right now. The AFC Championship Game in KC for a second year in a row would be awesome, and I feel like we owe them. 

They're two really tough teams, but I agree I'd rather play the Titans in Arrowhead vs. playing the Ravens on the road.

Just now, AppalachianChief said:

Jackson sucks as a passer! If the Titans would have scored another one it would all but be over! Go DAT! Lol

Actually he has excellent #s throwing the ball. I see a guy that thinks he can do it all, pads his numbers each week and wants to be the highlight film. Selfish and due for typical running back injury.

35 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Actually he has excellent #s throwing the ball. I see a guy that thinks he can do it all, pads his numbers each week and wants to be the highlight film. Selfish and due for typical running back injury.

The percentages are good, but overall the numbers aren't great throwing the ball, just because he does it so little. He threw for barely over 3000 yards this year.  He's a QB that can make throws when the defense is on it's heels and cant key on the pass, but he's not a guy that's ever going to drop back 40 times and pass you to a win.  To put those numbers into perspective, Mahomes threw for 700 more yards in his first season as a starter than Jackson has in 22 games.  We've seen this love affair before with Mike Vick and we know how that ended.  

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Again....how can you win the MVP and lay such an atrocious egg in the biggest game of the year.     Where are all those LJ lovers at now?    2 ints, 1 LF, 2 turnover on downs on 4 and 1 or less.   Good times!

It goes back to what I said earlier.  If he has a running game that keeps the focus off of him he's pretty good, but he's not a superior qb that is going to take the game on his shoulders and win when the other phases aren't working.  We're talking about a QB being the MVP with just 3000 yards passing

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

Again....how can you win the MVP and lay such an atrocious egg in the biggest game of the year.     Where are all those LJ lovers at now?    3 ints, 1 LF, 2 turnover on downs on 4 and 1 or less.   Good times!

Fify

Ravens fans heading for the exits

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Again....how can you win the MVP and lay such an atrocious egg in the biggest game of the year.     Where are all those LJ lovers at now?    2 ints, 1 LF, 2 turnover on downs on 4 and 1 or less.   Good times!

These guys have played with a lead, in a shitty division and played arrogant. They have piled on scores and stats. Going on 4th down twice was another example. Not sure Jackson can handle adversity.

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

It goes back to what I said earlier.  If he has a running game that keeps the focus off of him he's pretty good, but he's not a superior qb that is going to take the game on his shoulders and win when the other phases aren't working.  We're talking about a QB being the MVP with just 3000 yards passing

Which is asinine.  Example of the media looking too hard for the next big thing.

He's a pretty good RB, but consider he has the advantage of running out of passing formations.

Just now, moons314 said:

I agree!   I am in no way saying he's not very talented and very very dangerous, but time and time again his highlights are to guys open by 10 yards because the d is so key on the running game.  Its like pitch and catch.  Force him to make tight contested throws and he looks very pedestrian.