Keys to Chiefs vs Texans - Divisional Round

Your key matchup for Chiefs Texans - Divisional Round  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which matchup will the game boil down to?

• Reid vs O'Brien
    • Mahomes vs Watson
    • Chiefs Secondary vs Texans Wideouts
    • Chiefs Run D vs Texans Backs / RPO
    • Chiefs Backs vs Texans Run D
    • Spags vs O'Brien
    • Reid vs Crennel

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I can't imagine Reid ever feeding him enough to get in a groove.   I feel he would be a big disappointment here.

Let's not forget he was pretty meh until they started running the offense through him this year.  

Our offense runs through Mahomes, as it should.

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Which is asinine.  Example of the media looking too hard for the next big thing.

Another thing this year is they have changed QB stats to Offensive yards, and Offensive TDs, just to cater to Jackson’s playIng style.  MVPat’s stats were always 5000 yds, 50TDs.  They never mentioned his rushing yards or TDs.

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

Another thing this year is they have changed QB stats to Offensive yards, and Offensive TDs, just to cater to Jackson’s playIng style.  MVPat’s stats were always 5000 yds, 50TDs.  They never mentioned his rushing yards or TDs.

Pretty much.  Wake me up when Jackson passes for the league average.  @3700 yards this year.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Dude gets 4 or 5 everytime

thats all we need 

I firmly believe Andy could effectively integrate most running backs, so you're right.  

But I think we could get the same production for less money than Henry will command.

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I agree!   I am in no way saying he's not very talented and very very dangerous, but time and time again his highlights are to guys open by 10 yards because the d is so key on the running game.  Its like pitch and catch.  Force him to make tight contested throws and he looks very pedestrian.     

He's an elite athlete, not an elite passer.

Hope we have some guys figuring out how to stop Henry if we can get past the Texans.    The best way is get a lead and keep the foot on the gas, but our D isn't as good as the Pats or Ravens imo....we aren't bad but without Thornhill we can't protect the back end as easily which weakens our run D.     Won't matter if we don't take care of business tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Hope we have some guys figuring out how to stop Henry if we can get past the Texans.    The best way is get a lead and keep the foot on the gas, but our D isn't as good as the Pats or Ravens imo....we aren't bad but without Thornhill we can't protect the back end as easily which weakens our run D.     Won't matter if we don't take care of business tomorrow!

Baltimore missed one player 2nite....Suggs. Glad we have him now.

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

The Chiefs defense isn't far from the Ravens stat wise, but the problem is the weakness of it, is the Titan's strength (run defense).

The Chiefs really really  have to take care of business tomorrow., that's all I really care about now. 

19 minutes ago, xen said:

I firmly believe Andy could effectively integrate most running backs, so you're right.  

But I think we could get the same production for less money than Henry will command.

Yea. I didn’t really factor that. But I’m also just wishing. I’m  not banging the table to sign him.

just dreaming 

11 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I don’t agree. Our dline is way better than the pats. Way better.

43 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We're an offensive team, so the easy answer is the right answer, score points.  If the Chiefs offense is aggressive and on, the Titans won't be able to have entire games with less than 100 yards passing and expect to be in the game.  The most effective way to stop a running game is to score points and make the other guys try to keep pace. 

8 minutes ago, moons314 said:

We're an offensive team, so the easy answer is the right answer, score points.  If the Chiefs offense is aggressive and on, the Titans won't be able to have entire games with less than 100 yards passing and expect to be in the game.  The most effective way to stop a running game is to score points and make the other guys try to keep pace. 

Yes, I agree , but let's just beat the Texans first.  

Everyone is getting ahead of themselves.  The Chiefs have to win tomorrow or this whole thread is pointless.  That being said, the Ravens beat themselves and, hopefully, the Chiefs won't.  BAL gained 530 yards, gave up about 300 and held TENN to 83 passing yards.  That won't do it against KC.  Two INTS, a bad fumble, two fourth and shorts not converted.  BAL will have a lot to think about this winter. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs need a rb like this. Mahomes would be even more unstoppable 

henry is incredible

Notion running game doesn’t matter very much in this league anymore was pretty much destroyed today. The two winning QBs barely threw for 200 yards combined. Run first in a league full of defenses built to stop the pass has its merits.