Keys to Chiefs vs Texans - Divisional Round

Your key matchup for Chiefs Texans - Divisional Round  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which matchup will the game boil down to?

• Reid vs O'Brien
    • Mahomes vs Watson
    • Chiefs Secondary vs Texans Wideouts
    • Chiefs Run D vs Texans Backs / RPO
    • Chiefs Backs vs Texans Run D
    • Spags vs O'Brien
    • Reid vs Crennel

33 minutes ago, moons314 said:

We're an offensive team, so the easy answer is the right answer, score points.  If the Chiefs offense is aggressive and on, the Titans won't be able to have entire games with less than 100 yards passing and expect to be in the game.  The most effective way to stop a running game is to score points and make the other guys try to keep pace. 

We did that. And they still ran and kept pace. 

21 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Andy And Toub had a rough  game. That shouldn’t have been close. 

That loss was solely on Toubs group and a huge Williams fumble. I think Andy delivered a winning game plan. We just didn’t execute. 

17 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Winners today ran the rock 30 plus times. 

Niners coach said there goal was to have at least 30 and the first team to do that would probably win. 

Interesting. With that being said they all don’t have Mahomes. 

Exactly. Works for them. That won’t work for us. But maybe next year we can aspire to move the dial at least a little more in that direction. Easier to close games out with a reliable running game we don’t have. 

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

Andy And Toub had a rough  game. That shouldn’t have been close. 

Dustin Colquitt not only screwed up the snap on the FG at the end of the game, he put a bow down on it for Tenn by throwing an illegal pass & gave Tenn great field position.  We self destructed at the end in all phases of the game.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We did that. And they still ran and kept pace. 

They recovered a Damien Williams fumble for a TD.  We were slapping them around until we self destructed at the end of the game.

IF we get past the Texans (& that’s a big if), then I think the Chiefs are going to have a settle to score vs the Titans.  

zOb6W64M_normal.jpg
James Palmer

@JamesPalmerTV
· 4m
#chiefs star DL Chris Jones injured his calf in one of the final plays of practice on Thursday and was held out of practice Friday. I’m told they’ll watch him work pregame, but are optimistic he’s going to be able to go today. Jones missed Week 6 vs the Texans who rushed for 192

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:
zOb6W64M_normal.jpg
James Palmer

@JamesPalmerTV
· 4m
#chiefs star DL Chris Jones injured his calf in one of the final plays of practice on Thursday and was held out of practice Friday. I’m told they’ll watch him work pregame, but are optimistic he’s going to be able to go today. Jones missed Week 6 vs the Texans who rushed for 192

That can't be true, Petro said he saw him fall in the locker room playing basketball, also his Achilles is going due to the calf injury he received at that time.

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

That can't be true, Petro said he saw him fall in the locker room playing basketball, also his Achilles is going due to the calf injury he received at that time.

The basketball story was confirmed by several people in the locker room when it happened. All of which would also tell you that they have no idea if that had anything to do with the injury.  I really don’t care either way. We really need him today. 

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

NFL Network's James Palmer confirms Chiefs DL Chris Jones (questionable, calf) will play in Sunday's Divisional Round game against the Texans.

Jones sat out Friday's end-of-week session after injuring his calf late in Thursday's practice. He'll test out his calf in pre-game warmups, though the expectation is that he'll suit up for Sunday's Divisional showdown with Houston. The fourth-year D lineman logged a team-high nine sacks during the regular season while also garnering his first Pro Bowl nod.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:
zOb6W64M_normal.jpg
James Palmer

@JamesPalmerTV
· 4m

Guess he was limited practice that day in anticipation of the calf injury?  Just wondering. 

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Guess he was limited practice that day in anticipation of the calf injury?  Just wondering. 

F*** Jones

Chris Jones just got done his on the field workout. He was wearing a sleeve on his right calf with a knee brace on that knee as well. I’m told he WILL NOT be active. They wanted to see the workout and make the call. Apparently didn’t see what they wanted.

10:21 AM - 12 Jan 2020

21 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

F*** Jones

Chris Jones just got done his on the field workout. He was wearing a sleeve on his right calf with a knee brace on that knee as well. I’m told he WILL NOT be active. They wanted to see the workout and make the call. Apparently didn’t see what they wanted.

10:21 AM - 12 Jan 2020

I hate basketball.

Being obvious here, none of these options will determine the outcome of the game. Neither D is going to stymie either O. IMO, the team that makes the most of their possessions and makes the fewest mistakes will win.

If I'm not mistaken, Jones didn't play in the first meeting. Hill just returned from injury and Mahomes was hobbled with that ankle injury. Hardman had barely seen the field and the D was still learning the system and trying to play together.

The Chiefs, man to man is better than the Texans, this doesn't guarantee a win but I like their chances better than Houston's. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

You still believe that narrative? As far as I can tell Petro is the only person to report that.

And does it really even matter if he was injured playing basketball, or on the practice field or reaching for the next buffalo wing on the platter from his couch at home?

Just now, liquidfriend said:

And does it really even matter if he was injured playing basketball, or on the practice field or reaching for the next buffalo wing on the platter from his couch at home?

Yep, because people jump on a narrative or what they perceive as fact and they let it blind them. Good example, Dee Ford neutral zone violation, people forget the Chiefs sucked ass the first half. Why does it matter, to me it doesn't, to others that react to a post like mine, it must.

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Fans are being fans, and they're more angry if it was something that came from a questionable decision/was preventable rather than something that happened in the course of normal football activities or some freak accident.

I'm not saying that opinion is right or wrong, I'm just saying that's where it comes from.