So here is the big question

At best they have one more year if they surround Brady with a lot of talent.  They actually remind me of our team a few years back with Alex Smith.   He's declined a lot and while he's still a dangerous qb because of his knowledge and experience his body is declining.   IMO we would have embarrassed them in Arrowhead.   

They are done.  They will still be a playoff team because their division is so weak but they are not gonna be the patriots anymore. And it’s not just Brady.  Their drafts have been bad lately.  Gronk is gone.  Edelman is getting old. Probably losing McDaniels again.  

Tom  Brady is an old man as a football player and it shows.  He still has a great mind as to how to pick apart defenses, but he freaks out anytime there is pressure coming his way.    It's time to hang up the cleats, but if the Pats want to keep trotting his old ass out there, they will not be that dynasty they once were.

Brady could have retired as a champion after last year like Elway did but wants to play forever. You can’t play forever. This year was an embarrassment for the Patriots. They beat no playoff caliber teams except the Bills. Ravens, Chiefs and Texans beat them in regular season and one bad ass hard charger in Derrick Henry beat them in the wc round. Belichick couldn’t scheme a way to stop Henry? It’s getting near the end for the 20 year long stranglehold they have enjoyed. If it isn’t over already. 

Brady is still serviceable but the days of him making everyone around him championship level are over.  Also, we finally saw that the cliff is coming for him.  It's not totally here yet but I am certain he will be 2015 Manning by next year or the year after.  If the Patriots move on to a new QB I have no doubt that they'll still be a playoff contender, but they won't win Superbowls right and left like they have been.

There done. Brady has already said no hometown discount, so to get him to stay they will have to pay. Personally, he can't do it like he used to and will need lots of help which the team won't be able to afford if they have to pay him.

If he plays, he will probably go to an AFC West team like the Chargers. Gets him home and they already have a lot of pieces.

I see the Patriots going the way of the Patriots under Eason, Grogan and Bledsoe. Pedestrian

Brady is losing his physical talent in the same way Manning did. His supporting cast wasn’t very good though. They need a stud RB and a true outside WR. Need a TE with talent. They gambled on Gordon and AB and it failed. He is smart enough to do it, but cannot make guys better.

If Brady leaves NE, they are done.  While his game has slipped, he's still Brady, and I still think that a lot of his slip in play this year has been due to the mess around him.  When they replace Brady and start posting 8-8, 9-7 type seasons regularly, fans will start calling for the head of BB, who IMO gets way too much credit.  I'm not saying he's a horrible coach, but winning is a lot easier when you luck into the GOAT in the 6th round.  I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I think BB will retire after Brady to preserve his legacy, or stick it out to try to prove that he was the force behind the dynasty and not Brady.  Either way, screw him and his cheating culture. 

There isn't a D in the league that can shut down an elite offense consistently.   Rules have changed.  Building elite D's with nothing on O is a recipe for failure.   You have to have both these days.   If your D is elite then your O has to be good at least at rushing/passing and competent at the other or Elite on O and good at stopping the rush/pass.   What made them a dynasty was BB's defensive mind and Brady's offensive ability.   Take away one and the other isn't nearly as good.   To be honest they haven't been good all year just got away with a super weak schedule.   Like 63 said, they are going to have to overpay and surround him with studs for them to have a chance.    

Only thing I regret is not being able to knock them out ourselves.   

I don't see Brady getting to another Super Bowl in NE.  He most likely won't get to one with another team.  Brady may have suffered from a lack of Gronk and a drop by Edelman, but he just didn't look like the same QB as in the past.  To respond to Wilkie, the answer is YES, the Pats are in decline and unless they come up with an elite QB, they will struggle to win playoff games.  They may win a weak division, but they won't be on top of the AFC in the near future. 

On 1/6/2020 at 4:28 PM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

So Brady doesn't make those around him better.

The reason I say that is some people believe it only takes an MVP quality QB to win it all.

Not arguing the merits of the premise, but Brady is far from an MVP quality qb at this point. Average at best. Crumpled under pressure of any kind and has lost the consistency he had earlier in his career. 

35 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Not arguing the merits of the premise, but Brady is far from an MVP quality qb at this point. Average at best. Crumpled under pressure of any kind and has lost the consistency he had earlier in his career. 

That's why I say they are done. Pre Brady/BB the Patriots were average at best. Now Brady/BB are average at best. Post Brady/BB or whether one or both, average at best.