AFC offseason grades: Chiefs get an "F"

Yep, the CB's are my major concern. Even with a solid pass rush, can they play press man good enough to win? We saw what happend in the colts game when Flowers went out....Albeit, Dunta Robinson and K. Lewis was still in the game, so was cooper, parker and Hussein Abdullha.

Like everyone else, I have to assume that Reid and co. know what they're doing. But damn, it looks pretty shitty on paper.

Thank God they don't play games on paper. ????

Yep.  Every year a team like the Chiefs comes out of nowhere to shock the world.  Of course the Chiefs won't be that team this year, will they?  They won't surprise any one.  They'll have the top teams lying in wait.  

"On paper", this team isn't equipped for the challenge.  Most times, what you see is what you get.  The secondary, OL and WR are problems.  Paper or not. 

I think the oline will do an ok job IF they all stay healthy, but I don't they do. Hell, we have two of them hurt already. I not to concerned about the WR position either, becuase we did ok with the same guys last year.

Those DB's are my concern though. The Chiefs did get faster in the secondary, but speed doesn't always count for a good corner. I think Parker is the wild card here. If he improves his game, I think we will alright, because he will keep the heat on Cooper and Smith to play good. But if he struggles, I think we will be in a world of hurt, becuase Sean Smith is not that good IMO and Gaines and Owens haven't showed anything special in camp as of yet.

I think the oline will do an ok job IF they all stay healthy, but I don't they do. Hell, we have two of them hurt already. I not to concerned about the WR position either, becuase we did ok with the same guys last year.

Those DB's are my concern though. The Chiefs did get faster in the secondary, but speed doesn't always count for a good corner. I think Parker is the wild card here. If he improves his game, I think we will alright, because he will keep the heat on Cooper and Smith to play good. But if he struggles, I think we will be in a world of hurt, becuase Sean Smith is not that good IMO and Gaines and Owens haven't showed anything special in camp as of yet.

This isn't last year

Good post West. I agree that the o-line has something to prove. However, I have a good feeling about it. Last year's line was pretty average. At the very least, I think we can duplicate the skill of that line.

Mugsy,  the Oline is below average.   This is the worst since Kyle Turley.  Losing Albert was tough but losing Albert, Asamoah and Schwartz will sink us.

Archived