Chiefs Vs Texans GDT...lets get started fresh #1 Seed

so guys i am gonna take my little bit of the spotlight and point you all to the original purpose of this site..

we wanted to help those guys on the team with there extracurricular activities in giving back to the community. 

currently we havent had enough donations to do that, just about enough to keeep the site going.. but guys donate.. if we have more than we need for the site it willl go to chiefs players and there causes...

the money goes directly so dont be afraid.

45 minutes ago, robgar said:

now mods i am thinking we have two game threads...one for the negative cant win fire the coach people.. and one for the positive guys..

whatchall think bout that?

I asked for the exact same thing a couple months ago and got torched for saying it!

6 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

According to Fanatic this will go down as one of the worst trades and extensions in Chiefs history.

I agree with Fanatic insofar as this:  giving up huge contracts AND draft capital is generally not the most efficient way to build a team.  So when you do it, you have to NAIL it.  Like we essentially did with Mahomes, actually - we gave up the extra draft capital when we traded up for him, and he's going to get an insane contract soon enough.  But a Destroyer of Worlds QB is the one player where it's a no-brainer to do it if you have the opportunity.  Other positions it's less clear.

But Clark has been a beast ever since he got a little healthier and he might in fact be one of those sorts of players.

14 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

I asked for the exact same thing a couple months ago and got torched for saying it!

sorry, you got torched for that. i am not a mod, though i like to think that i have some influence..... but only when sober... and I aint that.

3 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

I'm for it too.  I'm perfectly fine with reasonable frustration when things aren't going our way, along with having critical discussions about players, coaches, playcalling, execution, etc.  But it's the people who immediately assume a loss as soon as things start to look bad for us, and start invoking our tortured history at every point that I can't stand.  We get it, this team hasn't won it all in half a century and has had more than its fair share of heartbreak.  We don't need to bring it up all the time.

Today?  It sucked but I didn't lose faith at all after the first TD.  After the blocked punt I still believed but I wavered.  At 21-0 I started to get a little numb.  I couldn't believe it might end like this, especially as we weren't getting anything going on offense.  But I can't remember the last time in any game that I completely gave up believing that we had a shot, which is why I kept watching.  And it paid off.

15 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Not by me, I can't stand it when people bitch even after a win, but of course their reasoning is because they want the team to be better. Personally I think they just like bitching.

It's frustrating to read at times, but they're just passionate fans just like you or me. As I've gotten older, I've got to the point of just relaxing and not worrying as much when things are going bad. 

58 minutes ago, Calichief said:

99 was a beast today. Saunders is a player. He’s going to need to play this way next week.

He's got a little nasty in him like Rashad Fenton.  I like it.   Outside of the game play, HB and Frank have brought a toughness to this D we haven't seen in almost a decade.   Get us a couple DB's and LB's next year that can cover and watch out.   We got some younguns that look like they could be stout down the road.   

Early in the game, these stats kept coming to mind:

• Mahomes has never lost an NFL game by more than 7 points (team streak stretches back to mid-2017, Alex's last year).
  • With Mahomes starting, the Chiefs have only scored fewer than 23 points once, and he wasn't healthy in that game.
  • Mahomes has had a lead in every single NFL game he's ever played in.

Especially with regard to the first and third I kept thinking "this can't be how those end, can it?"

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Hey remember when the team that ran all over us in Week 6 got a 24-point lead and averaged 4.5 YPC and won TOP by almost 10 minutes to salt the game away?

Chiefs should blow out the Titans. Really, this has been coming for a while. Can't stand them.

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Chiefs should blow out the Titans. Really, this has been coming for a while. Can't stand them.

I don't think so.  The Titans play with a safe approach and wait for the opponents to start making mistakes.

Keep it close and keep them guessing on all sides of the ball.  They can't repeat the mistakes they had the last match up

20 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Every game this year that we lost was due to Mahomes being hobbled/out or special teams/TO meltdowns.  Both were the case when we lost to Houston.  The latter was the case against Tennessee, and it was Mahomes first game back so who knows for sure about the health.  The reason today's comeback was necessary was special teams/TOs.

What I'm saying is, I don't think we lose if we're healthy and play cleanly.  Maybe against anyone.