Chiefs Vs Texans GDT...lets get started fresh #1 Seed

11 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't think so.  The Titans play with a safe approach and wait for the opponents to start making mistakes.

Keep it close and keep them guessing on all sides of the ball.  They can't repeat the mistakes they had the last match up

The blocked FG in that game coupled with the blocked punt yesterday have to be a big time part of Dave Toubs coaching this week. Both the cadence that was timed perfectly and the blocking scheme have to be addressed.  

17 hours ago, artsy said:

Andy Freaking Reid.

Team totally unprepared.

Andy Reid was brilliant yesterday. Most teams collapse in that spot. We’ve now gone from a 2 win team before he got here to 2 AFC Title games in a row. And he’s two wins from being.a lock first ballot HOFer. We are damn lucky to have him!

12 hours ago, Calichief said:

99 was a beast today. Saunders is a player. He’s going to need to play this way next week.

On point Brett Veach had one of the best offseasons by a Chiefs GM of all time last year.  And I remember it wasn’t too long ago that our defensive staff refused to even play rookies much less develop and depend on them. 

2 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I don't know if it was mentioned but, the defense actually played really well.

They had one busted coverage, didn't give up the special teams TD, Tyreek muffs the punt 6yds from their endzone...I think they played really well..

17 legit points against our defense. They did phenomenal 

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

17 legit points against our defense. They did phenomenal 

It was the worst case scenario for our defense to be in, too.  In the early going the Texans had a lead, so conventional wisdom says they can do whatever they want (run or pass).  Then toward the end we didn't really give up any garbage points either, just the one TD which was kind of half-garbage time (late third, we were in control but the game was still in doubt).

On 1/13/2020 at 7:25 AM, Mloe68 said:

On point Brett Veach had one of the best offseasons by a Chiefs GM of all time last year.  And I remember it wasn’t too long ago that our defensive staff refused to even play rookies much less develop and depend on them. 

Yep, great additions on defense in Clark and HB.  Good draft with Thornhill, Saunders, Fenton, and Hardman.  We may see production from Thompson and Alligretti down the road.  Best off season in the Reid era.  (I'm counting the draft of Mahomes as an obvious  necessity rather than an inspired move.)

I have a grandson who is in kindergarten. The teacher sent home a note yesterday asking all the parents to dress their kids up in Titans apparel to support the Titans. Wish I could see the look on her face when my grandson shows up today rockin' his Jamaal Charles Jersey (hand me down from his dad) and the Chiefs logo painted on his face. 😀

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

I have a grandson who is in kindergarten. The teacher sent home a note yesterday asking all the parents to dress their kids up in Titans apparel to support the Titans. Wish I could see the look on her face when my grandson shows up today rockin' his Jamaal Charles Jersey (hand me down from his dad) and the Chiefs logo painted on his face. 😀

Nice! I live in TN also, and all I heard was people talking about wearing Titans gear. I have been wearing my chiefs hoodie all week!

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

my son lives in Portland..but not a football fan..if he were not my mini me I'd say he wasn't my son lol but then his mother did raise him

I'm fortunate...both my sons are diehard Chiefs fans and they let everyone around here know it. We always watch the games together.

10 hours ago, dhitter said:

Also want to mention this...when we were down to the Texans. Right after they kicked a field goal to go up 24-0 my oldest son said basically, "So what? We scored 28 points in a quarter before and we can do it again." Man if he didn't nail it. 

You should get an A+ in parenting.  😊

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

You should get an A+ in parenting.  😊

Meh.  B at best.  You get an A only if your kid plays for the Chiefs.  A- if they play special teams.  B+ for practice squad.  A+ only if your kid is Patrick Mahomes.  You get an F if, when we refer to your kid, it's followed by the position they played and "who shall not be named".

21 hours ago, dhitter said:

Also want to mention this...when we were down to the Texans. Right after they kicked a field goal to go up 24-0 my oldest son said basically, "So what? We scored 28 points in a quarter before and we can do it again." Man if he didn't nail it. 

make sure he's on board tomorrow... we need all the help we can muster

ALL HANDS ON DECK