Just saw Chris Jones was out.

1 hour ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Jones is day to day and was out again today.  From what I hear he is really trying to make it back in time for the Championship.  He and Pennel are playing for 2 on 2 basketball title on Wednesday. 😄

Now that’s funny

What is everyone else’s opinion on what this does to the chances of Chris Jones being resigned?

In my mind if we move on to the SB w/o him playing during the playoffs then he’s not going to get a big long term deal from us.  He might get franchised, but he’s not going to get a long term Aaron Donald-like contract.

I really like the guy as a player & a person, but I would not give him a huge long term deal if he’s not playing in the postseason games.

1 hour ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

What is everyone else’s opinion on what this does to the chances of Chris Jones being resigned?

In my mind if we move on to the SB w/o him playing during the playoffs then he’s not going to get a big long term deal from us.  He might get franchised, but he’s not going to get a long term Aaron Donald-like contract.

I really like the guy as a player & a person, but I would not give him a huge long term deal if he’s not playing in the postseason games.

I think Jones is the one player that could fetch us a couple 1st rounders in a trade.  If so, I say save the $100+ million and grab a couple cheap 1st rounders to build up Spag’s D.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

IF we win out ..I see him getting the Dee Ford Treatment..he will of proven himself expendable

unfortunately true.  I don't think we can really afford to pay him once we pay Mahomes.  And yes, I know we can clear up the cap room for him if we really wanted to, but that is a lot of cap space to put on the defensive front and I think we will spread the money around a bit.

9 minutes ago, artsy said:

What do you think about that video?

Do you think he plays???

maybe  alimited role..not confident.. that being said Tootsy the Gatorade girl out there sporting shorts.. that girl is off her rocker

Is that the crap kids listen to these days???

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

What do you think about that video?

Do you think he plays???

I would dress him, if needed play him. Limit his playing time though. 

If they lose he will have all off season to recover. If they win and can't play in the SB, neither NFC team has a bruiser and the Chiefs can win the SB without him.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I would dress him, if needed play him. Limit his playing time though. 

If they lose he will have all off season to recover. If they win and can't play in the SB, neither NFC team has a bruiser and the Chiefs can win the SB without him.

I think the Chiefs would need him more to chase down Garp than Tannahill.  Not to get ahead of Sunday's game, but unless Jones is 100%, rest him for two more weeks.  Run defense isn't his forte. 

41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I think the Chiefs would need him more to chase down Garp than Tannahill.  Not to get ahead of Sunday's game, but unless Jones is 100%, rest him for two more weeks.  Run defense isn't his forte. 

My mindset is, if they don't win this week it doesn't matter.

Watching the week 10 game, currently 13-10 Tits in the 2nd, with Fischer out and Schwartz just went down and now Rankin. Not that many in here care but LDT was out then. I remember this game now, it was the walking dead game. Hill also got dinged.

7 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

My mindset is, if they don't win this week it doesn't matter.

Watching the week 10 game, currently 13-10 Tits in the 2nd, with Fischer out and Schwartz just went down and now Rankin. Not that many in here care but LDT was out then. I remember this game now, it was the walking dead game. Hill also got dinged.

Agree.  The point is that Jones at less than 100% won't help that much.  Playing him and losing him for the SB doesn't make sense unless one believes he will make the difference against the Titans. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  The point is that Jones at less than 100% won't help that much.  Playing him and losing him for the SB doesn't make sense unless one believes he will make the difference against the Titans. 

Just saw the dropped pick possible 6 by Clark and then Hardman taking the punt on the 3. A lot of mental mistakes led to a 13-13 Halftime score. Lot of penalties that game as well.

Too much emphasis is being put on the first KC/TENN game this year.  This is totally different.  Different players healthy.  Different venue.  Different number/types of mistakes.  Only thing the same is that Henry will be pounding the ball and the Chiefs will be throwing it all over the yard.  The Titans are plus 5 on turnovers the first two playoff games this year.  If the Chiefs don't lose the turnover battle, they have a huge advantage.

DT Chris Jones is officially questionable to play in Sunday's AFC championship game on the Chiefs' final injury report of the week. He has a calf strain, Backup RB LeSean McCoy and backup QB Matt Moore are also questionable. They were sick this week and returned to practice only on Friday.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fteicher_adam.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff Writer28m ago