Dan Sorensen

1 hour ago, mex said:

I have defended this guy on multiple occasion when he was badmouthed by so many in this forum.

His stuffing of the fake punt saved our season.

This was one of the single most important plays in KC history.

Sorensen is a worthy safety... he's been a GREAT Kansas City Chief.

What a clutch heads up play.  What were the texicans thinking there?  Great tackle

I've defended Dirty Dan regularly.  He is what he is, and the problem was that Sutton was asking him to be Eric Berry, which he was not.  He's a solid, not spectacular football player that will make plays if he's asked to do things he's capable of doing.   The popular idea has been to cut him to save money.  Thank god that wasn't the case. 

Dirty Dan is by no way empty of faults.  Here does have his shortcomings.  I my self have called for him to be cut.  And I still believe we could get similar production from Watts at a cheaper price. 

But today is his day.  He showed in big spots and made plays.  My hats off to him.  I think Spags uses him better than sutton did too. 

Enjoy Dirty Dan, you deserve it today

21 hours ago, omahacolt said:

What a clutch heads up play.  What were the texicans thinking there?  Great tackle

I don't blame BoB for calling that play.  The Chiefs seemed to find their footing when Hardman ran back that kick and the team scored so quickly.  With a 17 point lead and most of the game time remaining, punting to the Chiefs probably meant a ten point game with tons of time left in the second quarter.  Now if the Texans faked for a first down, it would keep Mahomes off the field and maybe demoralize the whole team.  Just like a failed fourth down attempt, it only looks bad in hind sight when it doesn't work.  It cost the Texans 40 yards to a great offense.  It could have buried the Chiefs if the Texans went on to another score.  The call make perfect sense.  How would Titan fans feel if the Henry pass for a TD had been an interception?   Gotta take a few risks to beat the superior team. 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I don't blame BoB for calling that play.  The Chiefs seemed to find their footing when Hardman ran back that kick and the team scored so quickly.  With a 17 point lead and most of the game time remaining, punting to the Chiefs probably meant a ten point game with tons of time left in the second quarter.  Now if the Texans faked for a first down, it would keep Mahomes off the field and maybe demoralize the whole team.  Just like a failed fourth down attempt, it only looks bad in hind sight when it doesn't work.  It cost the Texans 40 yards to a great offense.  It could have buried the Chiefs if the Texans went on to another score.  The call make perfect sense.  How would Titan fans feel if the Henry pass for a TD had been an interception?   Gotta take a few risks to beat the superior team. 

I think he made two critical mistakes.  The first was not going for it on 4th and inches with a chance to go up 28-0.  The field goal seemed to give us a reprieve.  Then the fake punt.  He was aggressive the wrong 4rh down play. 

24 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think he made two critical mistakes.  The first was not going for it on 4th and inches with a chance to go up 28-0.  The field goal seemed to give us a reprieve.  Then the fake punt.  He was aggressive the wrong 4rh down play. 

It's hindsight though.  I don't think the fake was a bad call.  Dan make a spectacular play.  The odds of that tackle being completed short of the line to gain were much less than they were for them to make it.  Regardless, I gotta give BoB some props, he knew the Chiefs offense was beyond dynamic, and he didn't turtle, he stayed aggressive.  Those plays didn't work out, and the Chiefs offense came alive.  There's a reason the Chiefs were 10 point favorites. 

When you are being aggressive you also have to weigh risk vs reward. Going for the first down on our 10 yard line had high upside and if you don’t make it you still give us a 90 yard field. On the contrary the downside of the fake punt was to make it a 1 score game basically.  He absolutely turtled when the numbers said go for it in our territory. 

The fact that it’s hindsight doesn’t mean it’s not a mistake.  Frankly every coaching decision is a hindsight question.  And every draft pick. And coaching hire. It doesn’t mean mistakes weren’t made in the decision process. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Now if the Texans faked for a first down, it would keep Mahomes off the field and maybe demoralize the whole team. 

It would have changed the entire game... they likely score

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 5:50 PM, xen said:

A lot of the hate on Dan is his mistakes get magnified due to his position.  That and Sutton had no idea what to do with him.  Spags has obviously figured it out.

I for one am damn glad he did.  Even when others were hating on Dan, I always thought he is a damn good player.  Not always great, does have a nose for the ball as someone else  mentioned,  But DAMN he plays with Heart!  And gives total effort.