Dan Sorensen

5 hours ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

I for one am damn glad he did.  Even when others were hating on Dan, I always thought he is a damn good player.  Not always great, does have a nose for the ball as someone else  mentioned,  But DAMN he plays with Heart!  And gives total effort.

They’ve learned how to use him.

just don’t line him up outside one on one where he gets roasted.

He’s going to get exposed a little more without Thornhill (he played every defensive snap)  but overall Spags really seems to grasp how to use him. And there’s no denying his penchant for making big plays in January. Back to back games he’s come up with a few huge plays.  

I'm glad he is getting his due.  He has always been one of my favorite guys, and I could not believe the negatives directed at him in the offseason the last two years. I agree, he was misused by Sutton when on defense, but he has been an ST ace throughout, and no way Toub was going to let him go.  On D, he just plain hits people hard and knows where they are going to be in order to hit them.  He is smart and experienced.  His smarts covers for the loss of Thornhill at this point in Thornhill's career, even though he does not have the same athletic and ball hawking skills as Thornhill.  Any team would kill to have what he brings in depth and versatility and attitude.  He is exactly the kind of guy who we want to see define what it is to be a Kansas City Chief. "Lunchpail Dan".  And in his pail is an opponent, a knife, and a fork.

On 1/12/2020 at 5:48 PM, mex said:

I'm serious... been a fan since we got beat by GB in #1

never have I seen a single play so critical to our team... ever

I've seen one. It was the goal line stand against the Jets in 1970 that got us into that longest game ever played against Miami. The entire four down sequence on first and goal on the Chiefs 2 yard line with the game on the line,  and the last stop by by Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell when the Jets were on the 1 yard line to end the game.  Even though the Chiefs lost to Miami in the next game and didn't get to SB V, it was still the best defensive effort I have ever seen.  I was only 23 years old.

On 1/14/2020 at 10:33 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

I've seen one. It was the goal line stand against the Jets in 1970 that got us into that longest game ever played against Miami. The entire four down sequence on first and goal on the Chiefs 2 yard line with the game on the line,  and the last stop by by Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell when the Jets were on the 1 yard line to end the game.  Even though the Chiefs lost to Miami in the next game and didn't get to SB V, it was still the best defensive effort I have ever seen.  I was only 23 years old.

Didn't play Jets in  1971.  This was our 1970 trip to N Y then to Oakland and On to Superbowl.  But yeah.  Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell were awesome

On 1/14/2020 at 9:33 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

I also remember Ed Podolak having a career game in a losing cause that next week vs Miami

I was 12... and crying on Christmas Day

1 hour ago, wilkie said:

Didn't play Jets in  1971.  This was our 1970 trip to N Y then to Oakland and On to Superbowl.  But yeah.  Willie Lanier and Bobby Bell were awesome

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I sure remember that set of downs.

16 hours ago, wilkie said:

14 hours ago, xen said:

I wasn't alive yet for any of that

3 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I was 11 ... and crying on Christmas Day. 

1 hour ago, robgar said:

i was about 4 months old.. so dont remember much of that.

I was a barely over a year old, was told it was a heck of a parade in KC.

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/12/2020 at 11:47 PM, Palangi said:

Dirty Dan is by no way empty of faults.  Here does have his shortcomings.  I my self have called for him to be cut.  And I still believe we could get similar production from Watts at a cheaper price. 

But today is his day.  He showed in big spots and made plays.  My hats off to him.  I think Spags uses him better than sutton did too. 

Enjoy Dirty Dan, you deserve it today

Dan is NOT the best player...and never will be.  Yea...he will make mistakes...BUT when there is a need...he seems to always step up.  I  had concerns,....but man, the big play on D is so often Dirty Dan.