How do we stop Henry

Play sound gap assignments.  Swarm to the ball and do not let him tear off any big runs.  I think if we do that, we prevent them from scoring a bunch and get enough stops.  What we cannot do is let them get big plays in the passing game.   It certainly will not hurt to start out fast and get a lead on them and not take the foot off the gas.   If we can score over 30 points, I do not think the Titans will be able to match that. 

31 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

i was going to say:  “activate Pennell & play him.... don’t start Ivey in his place.”

If you want ironic then how about the reality Joey Ivie was released right after that game and now plays for the Titans. 

Long as the OL gives PM some time, we should be able to score

Hou and Tenn are really close in passing D stats... with similar schedules

Special Teams and turnovers will be key... and it's important to point out we lost BOTH of those battles early yesterday but didn't give up

Hoping the confidence we earned through big time adversity yesterday plays a role in settling everyone down

With Tenn we can't afford to fall behind early... we can force them out of their 'grind' it out gameplan

Titans are having a Giants-like season so far. A lot of things had to go their way to simply make the playoffs and they are playing as simple of a game as possible to keep going. I don't think they'll stop using Henry as he's their entire offense. We simply need to make sure that we keep scoring to render Henry's production useless. 

41 minutes ago, mex said:

Long as the OL gives PM some time, we should be able to score

Hou and Tenn are really close in passing D stats... with similar schedules

Special Teams and turnovers will be key... and it's important to point out we lost BOTH of those battles early yesterday but didn't give up

Hoping the confidence we earned through big time adversity yesterday plays a role in settling everyone down

With Tenn we can't afford to fall behind early... we can force them out of their 'grind' it out gameplan

The Titans are bad at pass D but not nearly as bad as the Texans.  So we should absolutely attack them there but we can't expect it's going to be quite as easy.

I've been saying stopping the run is overrated.  We didn't stop the run against the Titans, and it took a fumble return TD, two botched FGs, general sluggishness from the offense, and a furious comeback where Tannehill passed all over us in order for us to lose.

The Titans ran all over the Patriots but only scored 14 points on offense and NE still had the ball late with a chance.

The Titans ran all over the Ravens and that mattered a little, but the main thing in that game was their defense---they created turnovers and stopped the Ravens on two 4th-and-shorts.

I had to say this like 20 times in another thread.  I'm not saying run defense doesn't matter.  But I am saying that (a) other things matter more and (b) we could very conceivably have a bad run defense day and still win as long as we stay aggressive and don't have killer turnovers/special teams mistakes.

LB have to play smart football..Fill the gaps...If i'm correct, Henry runs a lot INSIDE..gotta be gap sound and swarm the ball. Set edges so he doesn't bounce it out..The key is gonna be the LBs filling those holes..DLine needs to play the run. GANG TACKLE!!!!

And for the love of god, STACK THE BOX!!!

EVERYONE BUT CORNERS (AND MAYBE ONE SAFETY) SHOULD BE PLAYING THE RUN...

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

The Titans are bad at pass D but not nearly as bad as the Texans.  So we should absolutely attack them there but we can't expect it's going to be quite as easy.

I've been saying stopping the run is overrated.  We didn't stop the run against the Titans, and it took a fumble return TD, two botched FGs, general sluggishness from the offense, and a furious comeback where Tannehill passed all over us in order for us to lose.

The Titans ran all over the Patriots but only scored 14 points on offense and NE still had the ball late with a chance.

The Titans ran all over the Ravens and that mattered a little, but the main thing in that game was their defense---they created turnovers and stopped the Ravens on two 4th-and-shorts.

I had to say this like 20 times in another thread.  I'm not saying run defense doesn't matter.  But I am saying that (a) other things matter more and (b) we could very conceivably have a bad run defense day and still win as long as we stay aggressive and don't have killer turnovers/special teams mistakes.

yeah,  you're right...mistake free football...gotta keep the pressure on..

KC is not playing Henry. Score 51 again. Understand its ok to PASS FIRST AND OFTEN. Titans will hand the ball off  to HENRY. Chiefs dont need to hand the ball off. KEEP IT IN MAHOMES HANDS. Chiefs dont need to win time of possession. JUST SCORE

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

96 carries in the last 3 games is a lot of wear and tear. 64 in the playoffs is almost double the next most, Cook 37 carries. How many more hits can he take? Over 365 carries on the season, including playoffs. 

I’m sure he’s feeling it but should be fine this week. the Titans are crazy to give him a huge contract though.  Almost guaranteed regression coming in a few years. 
incredibly though this will be the Titans fourth straight road game as well.  

I saw a Honey Badger interview last night and they were asking how to stop Henry.  I thought his answer was probably honest.  He said you have to collectively want to tackle Henry.  He's a punishing runner.   He had a big first game against us, but a lot of that came on the 68 yard run.  We forced 4 punts.  It's not like we couldn't stop them. I think at home, we handle them. 

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I saw a Honey Badger interview last night and they were asking how to stop Henry.  I thought his answer was probably honest.  He said you have to collectively want to tackle Henry.  He's a punishing runner.   He had a big first game against us, but a lot of that came on the 68 yard run.  We forced 4 punts.  It's not like we couldn't stop them. I think at home, we handle them. 

Exactly. Dont worry about giving up a big run. It will happen. A big run does not take 6 minutes off the clock. Just force them into a few third and longs and get them off the field. Mahomes & Co will take care of the rest.