How do we stop Henry

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I saw a Honey Badger interview last night and they were asking how to stop Henry.  I thought his answer was probably honest.  He said you have to collectively want to tackle Henry.  He's a punishing runner.   He had a big first game against us, but a lot of that came on the 68 yard run.  We forced 4 punts.  It's not like we couldn't stop them. I think at home, we handle them. 

We had a lead with 1:21 to go and Tannehill hit 3/4 for 61 yards, no rushes.  So you could say that we had them beat even with Henry's big day, then the pass D lost it.  Only real counterargument would be to claim the defense was worn down from the earlier rushing, but that's hard to quantify / prove.

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

I hope Tenn wins the toss a defers. I hope KC puts the offense on the field first...scores...and never look back. 

Couldn't disagree more.  When we started coming back yesterday it was huge knowing we would get the ball first in the 2nd half, and that's kind of when we sealed it.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Couldn't disagree more.  When we started coming back yesterday it was huge knowing we would get the ball first in the 2nd half, and that's kind of when we sealed it.

Sure. Hous was about Watson. Tenn is about Henry. So for me the sooner you are out in front the sooner they have to get away from their game.

As others have said just gotta get 3rd down stops. Henry will get yds And that’s okay. Punish him when you can. Chiefs will win if they are the hammer and not the nail. 

We will see what kind of attitude our defence has in the game. Hope they come out and lay the first punch to send a message. 

14 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sure. Hous was about Watson. Tenn is about Henry. So for me the sooner you are out in front the sooner they have to get away from their game.

Tennessee was running against us down two scores halfway through the 4th in the November game (drive to make it 29-27 at 6:26).  At the time I even remember thinking they were running our 4 minute offense for us.  It wasn't quite 4 minutes yet and it obviously didn't work out how I was hoping.  But getting them down 14 or even 21 in the first half won't change their game plan.  Going to have to stop them on a drive or two to get that sort of lead whether we get the ball first or not.

I still like getting it in the second.

30 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

We had a lead with 1:21 to go and Tannehill hit 3/4 for 61 yards, no rushes.  So you could say that we had them beat even with Henry's big day, then the pass D lost it.  Only real counterargument would be to claim the defense was worn down from the earlier rushing, but that's hard to quantify / prove.

If not for a fluke bad snap we probably make a field go to go up 12 with about 7 minutes to go and we kick deep with a two touchdown lead. Instead we gave them the ball at midfield down just 9.  Then, kind of like yesterday happened to the Texans, the wheels came off. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

If not for a fluke bad snap we probably make a field go to go up 12 with about 7 minutes to go and we kick deep with a two touchdown lead. Instead we gave them the ball at midfield down just 9.  Then, kind of like yesterday happened to the Texans, the wheels came off. 

Looking at the drive chart I think you have things confused, we didn't ever have the ball when we were up 9.  We scored to go up 29-20 and then they made it 29-27 on the next drive.  But yes, our last three drives we went FG, aborted FG attempt, blocked FG.

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Looking at the drive chart I think you have things confused, we didn't ever have the ball when we were up 9.  We scored to go up 29-20 and then they made it 29-27 on the next drive.  But yes, our last three drives we went FG, aborted FG attempt, blocked FG.

My bad.  You are right.  The field goal would have given us and 8 point lead with a minute to go and kicking deep.  Instead, they got the ball at midfield down 2.  

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

My bad.  You are right.  The field goal would have given us and 8 point lead with a minute to go and kicking deep.  Instead, they got the ball at midfield down 2.  

*Down 5

We did have the one successful FG to push it to 32-27, then stopped them, then that's when we had the bad snap.

28 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Tennessee was running against us down two scores halfway through the 4th in the November game (drive to make it 29-27 at 6:26).  At the time I even remember thinking they were running our 4 minute offense for us.  It wasn't quite 4 minutes yet and it obviously didn't work out how I was hoping.  But getting them down 14 or even 21 in the first half won't change their game plan.  Going to have to stop them on a drive or two to get that sort of lead whether we get the ball first or not.

I still like getting it in the second.

True it won't change their gameplan.  But that's mostly because the Tits only have one gameplan.

Just now, reesebobby said:

Stop that.  

Sorry.

I was looking at the drive chart to remember how it all played out.  I also remember the weirdness of the scores.  Butker missed an extra point earlier in the game, that would have made those last two FG attempts for the win, not just to get us to 35 and a possible tie.  Recall that Tennessee had to go for 2 to go up 3.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Sorry.

I was looking at the drive chart to remember how it all played out.  I also remember the weirdness of the scores.  Butker missed an extra point earlier in the game, that would have made those last two FG attempts for the win, not just to get us to 35 and a possible tie.  Recall that Tennessee had to go for 2 to go up 3.

You’re fine. It was kinda funny actually. 

Everything the Titans do on offense revolves around King Henry and that running game. We simply can't get gauged all day for 4-5 yards on first down and let them dictate the pace of the game. Tannehill has been outstanding in play action as they've got good WRs who can beat man coverage. But if you put him in obvious passing down their oline does not hold up and he's not the same guy. I would think we would play a lot of zone. Maybe some run blitzes to try and get to Henry before he gets a head of steam going. Absolutely have to maintain gap integrity and gang tackle him. Really like to see his carries at 20 or less. Probably means we won. He's averaging 32 carries in this current 3 game win streak.