How do we stop Henry

I think the biggest mistake defensive guys make is trying to tackle him high. Why in the world would a defensive back want to not only tackle a guy 40 pounds bigger than them but then also get their face mask snapped in half by one of his stiff arms? Not saying you should cheap shot him and go after his knees or something but you definitely need to hit him low to bring him down. Chiefs defenders need to watch old game films of how teams tackled Earl Campbell and Christian Okoye. 

Secondly, I kind of like the idea of DOD playing next week to spy Tannehill. He killed us a few times with his runs earlier in the year. Tannehill may not have the speed of Watson but he is pretty elusive. Maybe use him on 3rd and long in a sub package at least. With the NFL teams now going to these hybrid QBs, I think DOD may make a huge jump next year in playing time. 

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

The Honey Badger and FC brought an attitude to this defense. They're going to be sick of hearing about Henry gashing them. Henry will be lucky to get a 100 and Tanehill won't be able to carry them. Chiefs 42-24 and SB bound.

I do like how HB and Clark have imparted some nastiness to this defense.  It's my belief that while talent and scheme are obviously important, attitude / effort / discipline can elevate a defense in a way that doesn't really happen on offense.

Just noticed, Henry has 5 fumbles on the year which makes you wonder about ball security.

He also doesn't seem to be too much of a receiver 18 (2 TDs) receptions all year vs Damien Williams 30 (5 TDs) and McCoy's 28 (4 TDs). My point, yes he is a Mack Truck but he's one dimensional.

Pretty much man for man, the Chiefs are the better team. Now they just have to prove it.

Guys need to get off blocks and hit him behind or at the line. He may still fall forward for a yard or two, but once he picks up steam he is tough. Basically the fat guys need to slow him or stop him outright. We also need to score early and often and try to force it into a Tannehill throwing contest.

2 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

The Titans offensive line is mean. 

Chiefs D line need to be Authoritive.... 

Stop em. Will need Chris Jones and his attitude and leadership. 

not gettn him..seems to be already a given ..at least according to Jeff Chadia this morning

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

not gettn him..seems to be already a given ..at least according to Jeff Chadia this morning

Oh ffs. 

Chiefs will have to do one thing: be more physical, aggressive. 

This game will come down to the line of scrimmage. Titans win that battle, we're screwed. Mahomes can't save us on the bench 

10 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

The Titans offensive line is mean. 

Chiefs D line need to be Authoritive.... 

Stop em. Will need Chris Jones and his attitude and leadership. 

On paper, it would seem the Chiefs would need Jones more for his pass rush up the middle against Watson than they need him for run stopping ability.  Pennel and Saunders just need to clog the middle and let Ragland meet Henry.  Sure, Jones is the best interior DL ovverall but the Chiefs can win without him against a run heavy offense.  The will surely need Jones against SFO or GB if it comes to that. 

3 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Oh ffs. 

Chiefs will have to do one thing: be more physical, aggressive. 

This game will come down to the line of scrimmage. Titans win that battle, we're screwed. Mahomes can't save us on the bench 

Nah....he went 188 last time and KC gave that game away. Mahomes threw for 456 on a bad leg. Just score. Get the lead. Dont need to stop him. Just keep them playing from behind. Chiefs D needs to just get a few key stops.

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Nah....he went 188 last time and KC gave that game away. Mahomes threw for 456 on a bad leg. Just score. Get the lead. Dont need to stop him. Just keep them playing from behind. Chiefs D needs to just get a few key stops.

This is an underestimate you and I both know playoff football is an entirely different game. 

Momentum is everything and there's no better momentum than beating up your opponent with the ground game. you can ride that all game long 

1 minute ago, Chiefmanzada said:

This is an underestimate you and I both know playoff football is an entirely different game. 

Momentum is everything and there's no better momentum than beating up your opponent with the ground game. you can ride that all game long 

I agree. I expect that Henry will have another big day.. Reid likely knows this as well. So stopping him is not the key to the game. Out scoring them is. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

On paper, it would seem the Chiefs would need Jones more for his pass rush up the middle against Watson than they need him for run stopping ability.  Pennel and Saunders just need to clog the middle and let Ragland meet Henry.  Sure, Jones is the best interior DL ovverall but the Chiefs can win without him against a run heavy offense.  The will surely need Jones against SFO or GB if it comes to that. 

Yes Pennel has turned my favorite player on D. Ever since #64 stepped on the field we have stuffed the run. 

Maybe it's a blessing Jones ain't playing?? 

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I agree. I expect that Henry will have another big day.. Reid likely knows this as well. So stopping him is not the key to the game. Out scoring them is. 

So the gameplan is we aren't going to stop Henry, we need to outscore them and have them play from behind the entire game. FFS, what the hell kind of plan is that?! 

This is the road to the Superbowl: beat the Titans with Ryan Tannehill at QB at Arrowhead. 

I'm telling all of you, that thread Same Old Chiefs will be fired the fuck up if we lose this game. 

All hell would break loose so I wouldn't get too cocky with another devastating heartbreak on the line. Win the fucking game Chiefs.

16 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Yes Pennel has turned my favorite player on D. Ever since #64 stepped on the field we have stuffed the run. 

Maybe it's a blessing Jones ain't playing?? 

Not saying that, just pointing out that Jones is more important for collapsing the pocket than stuffing the run. 

19 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

So the gameplan is we aren't going to stop Henry, we need to outscore them and have them play from behind the entire game. FFS, what the hell kind of plan is that?! 

This is the road to the Superbowl: beat the Titans with Ryan Tannehill at QB at Arrowhead. 

I'm telling all of you, that thread Same Old Chiefs will be fired the fuck up if we lose this game. 

All hell would break loose so I wouldn't get too cocky with another devastating heartbreak on the line. Win the fucking game Chiefs.

Its not a plan its reality. Ne could not. Balt could not. Yes KC will try. I think he will still get his 150+. He got 188 last time. Its not a plan its reality. Its like Tenn thinking they are going to suddenly stop Mahomes. He put 456 on them with a bad leg. They will try but? Tenn knows the only way to stop Mahomes is keep him on the sidelines. 

So yes...get the lead....keep pushing it like last week....KC will need at least 35 to win.

KC defense needs to win on third and long!

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Stop the run.... why not have Pennel and Nnadi in the middle and put Jones and Clark at DE? Move jones inside to replace Pennel and add Suggs at DE in passing downs. That is if Jones is good to go.

I feel pretty ok with any combination of the front 4.  I wish we had a better option at middle linebacker.  Our linebackers do not generally do well at the point of attack. 

I think some of us forget he went for 190 yards the first time we played and we had that game well in hand with a fumble lost and an inexplicable choke job in the final two minutes.  This was vs a hobbled Mahomes and lots of others missing.   Not saying we are going to dominate but it’s not like we haven’t seen Henry go off.   They are gonna have to figure out how to score 4-5 TDs to beat us though.    

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I think some of us forget he went for 190 yards the first time we played and we had that game well in hand with a fumble lost and an inexplicable choke job in the final two minutes.  This was vs a hobbled Mahomes and lots of others missing.   Not saying we are going to dominate but it’s not like we haven’t seen Henry go off.   They are gonna have to figure out how to score 4-5 TDs to beat us though.    

68 if that was on one play.  For the most part we were able to slow him down. 

Don’t overrate Jones in the run game.

getting Pennel and Saunders out there plays in our benefit. 

they will do better this time but he is going to get his. When tanny drops back, that’s when kc needs to win. Period. No big plays in the pass game.

29-26 kc 

1 minute ago, xen said:

And if you take out the second quarter, houston beat us Sunday by a touchdown.

I understand the logic, but if you are talking about the advantage of rushing for 200 yards, a big component of that is ball possession and wearing down a defense.  A single 70 yard run eats 10 seconds of clock.  There's a reason why 200 yards rushing is good and 200 yards passing is not good.  It's the same yards, but not the same.