How do we stop Henry

We kept Henry somewhat in check, and still semi-sweated it to the end because of what we gave up in the passing game and the dumb special teams play.  We didn't even need to take the early lead to neutralize him.

We played clean and fairly aggressive and the better team won.  It's as simple as that.

This is why we never got to the Superbowl with a strong defense and a great runner.  We never got there with Okoye, Priest Holmes, Jamaal Charles, a strong defense, and a merely decent QB.  You can get to the playoffs, but that is it.  To make it to the big game, you need a GREAT QB.  The closest we came was with Montana, but he was already at the end of the road.  Now, we have to pay Mahomes while keeping a merely good defense, and a few good running backs and receivers. If we do that, we will have mulitiple trips to the big game, and win our share of them.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

This is why we never got to the Superbowl with a strong defense and a great runner.  We never got there with Okoye, Priest Holmes, Jamaal Charles, a strong defense, and a merely decent QB.  You can get to the playoffs, but that is it.  To make it to the big game, you need a GREAT QB.  The closest we came was with Montana, but he was already at the end of the road marty wouldn't let him take charge of the offense. Now, we have to pay Mahomes while keeping a merely good defense, and a few good running backs and receivers. If we do that, we will have mulitiple trips to the big game, and win our share of them.

FIFY

54 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

hats off to Penell. He played great. 

Chris Jones is a beast. Difference maker. 

Hats of to veach and Reid cleaning house after last season. 

Dirty dan laid the lumber a few times again. 

Still can’t believe we are going to the super bowl. 

Crazy to think the difference Spags has made on D...........Almost makes you wonder what if we had made the move last year.   I 100% agree with everyone of your takes Holmes!

8 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

What you saw was how you stop Henry.  Gap discipline, get a lead, keep a lead.  That's it.   Not magic.

2 minutes ago, mex said:

it's what we all said needed to happen... and it happened

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Mike fn Penell

Yeah, they did it bigtime. They really maintained their gaps and got his ass on the ground. Pennel was a monster in the middle, you guys were so right about him.

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Is that what happened?  Makes sense.

that's exactly what happened... after Kimble dropped the sure TD at the end of the 1st half, you could see montana arguing with marty on the sideline... it continued into the second half... joe didn't like martyball

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Crazy to think the difference Spags has made on D...........Almost makes you wonder what if we had made the move last year.   I 100% agree with everyone of your takes Holmes!

Love what Spags has done this season.  But Spags last year wouldn't have had Clark or HB or even Breeland, Saunders, Pennel, or Wilson.  One person that made a difference and hasn't been mentioned much is Kpass.  Two sacks and he was active in several other plays.  Either he's finally learning to use his natural talent or Spags is using him correctly. 

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Love what Spags has done this season.  But Spags last year wouldn't have had Clark or HB or even Breeland, Saunders, Pennel, or Wilson.  One person that made a difference and hasn't been mentioned much is Kpass.  Two sacks and he was active in several other plays.  Either he's finally learning to use his natural talent or Spags is using him correctly. 

Shit, he even defended pass over the middle.

57 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I agree totally.  Sutton never figured out where to play him and gave up on playing him at all.  Pitiful.  I gave up on him myself, thinking that maybe KPass was dumb or something.  In all of my comments last summer during camp, I suggested he be released.  But immediately in pre-season he began making great plays and I wanted to see him get more and more snaps as the season went along.  Thank God for Spags.

29 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree totally.  Sutton never figured out where to play him and gave up on playing him at all.  Pitiful.  I gave up on him myself, thinking that maybe KPass was dumb or something.  In all of my comments last summer during camp, I suggested he be released.  But immediately in pre-season he began making great plays and I wanted to see him get more and more snaps as the season went along.  Thank God for Spags.

Maybe we should keep that in mind before giving up on Speaks.  Several guys on IR might help this team on the cheap. 

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe we should keep that in mind before giving up on Speaks.  Several guys on IR might help this team on the cheap. 

Yeah.  How can anyone give up on him, especially a lineman, even as a linebacker.  He at least needs to fail for a couple of years, not show any progress,and not be injured before giving up on him. So many Chiefs fans expect young guys to step right in.  It's crazy.  For 4 years we read post after post about how Eric Fisher was worthless and should be released.  It takes a long time to find out about these guys. And changing schemes and trying to make a guy a hybrid DE/LB.  How hard is that to learn? I'd say pretty hard.

Major props out there to the analytics experts who seemed to goad the Titans into a game plan that made no sense and had no chance. Abandoning run and making the game a passing battle between Mahomes and Tannehill. 
Let’s try and do the same vs the 49ers. Jimmy G vs the MVP!  Heck I’ll have shirts made for the entire board.