How do we stop Henry

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Love what Spags has done this season.  But Spags last year wouldn't have had Clark or HB or even Breeland, Saunders, Pennel, or Wilson.  One person that made a difference and hasn't been mentioned much is Kpass.  Two sacks and he was active in several other plays.  Either he's finally learning to use his natural talent or Spags is using him correctly. 

Spags is using him. 

You can't use him different when sutton never used him

16 hours ago, mex said:

I was cussing jones half the game

i was cussing when thompson tried to be Jamaal Charles and leap over players when he already had the first down, it's those types of stupid ass plays in the past that would cost this team.

Funny thing is that two players that everybody (me too) wanted gone made the biggest plays yesterday, props to Dirty Dan and Sammy for their contributions

4 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

i was cussing when thompson tried to be Jamaal Charles and leap over players when he already had the first down, it's those types of stupid ass plays in the past that would cost this team.

Funny thing is that two players that everybody (me too) wanted gone made the biggest plays yesterday, props to Dirty Dan and Sammy for their contributions

. he was trying to be Bruce Lee  doing the Kung Fu kick .. I laughed my ass off

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Watkins was the man yesterday... they can double up on Tyreek and Kelce all they want, but that leaves Watkins with the keys to the house

between stuffing henry and laying the absolute wood to tannehill, Sorensen asserted his dominance yesterday

20 hours ago, mex said:

I was cussing jones half the game

I just noticed this post.  I think Jones was following the game plan. The plan was obviously to anticipate and get off th line extra quick.  Jones does that anyway, but even faster yesterday because of the game plan.  Henry is effective because he starts further back and has a head of steam when he hits the LOS.  We limited him by getting a yard into the backfield almost instantly, limiting Henry's ability to accelerate before reaching the LOS.  Mass combined with speed is very hard to stop, even with two guys, and theTitans had developed the right way to use Henry this season, accounting for so much of his success. The strategy Spags used to stop Henry worked, even though it cost Jones a couple of offsides.  It was merely a side effect of a successful strategy to stop Henry. I'm really impressed with Spags.  Sutton would definitely have lost that game.

Our big guys on D are going to be even better next season.  Imagine having Okafor and Ogbah back and keeping Pennel, starting KPass and Jones in the middle with Clark at the edge.  I don't know if Suggs has another season left in him.  He would be a great spot starter, but he is expensive, and I think he is basically just a stopgap for the playoffs, right?  Next season, we will also have Thornhill back, a more polished Ward, and maybe a re-signed Fuller. We might be playing with the best safety duo in the NFL.